Author Topic: Heidi took the cgc test tonight  (Read 693 times)

Heidi-n-Koby

• Retired Member
  • Moved On
Heidi took the cgc test tonight
« on: April 22, 2009, 10:42:13 PM »
And she didnt pass.  Im really bummed.  We had some minor issues with a few things (She wasnt wanting to go down and she jumped pretty big with the distraction)  I need to talk to Bruce about the distraction because his distraction was dropping steel bowls.  Heidi has issues with loud noises similar to gun shots.  I dont feel like its fair that she is penalized because of what some idiots did to her (Since she's been shot at least 5 times, if not more)

But the big issue was her whining when I left the room.  I thought he was going to re-test me on it but I guess since she failed on the distractions, I couldnt re-test since she failed more then one.

I honestly wanted to cry and just get out of there.  I know she's come a LONG way since we first got her.  But still.  So I just got my stuff and headed out.

Then the best thing ever happens.....my car wont start.....I was out of gas.  I put my head on the steering wheel, took a deep breath, and headed back in.  Bruce's son was there and I told him what happened.   I knew I was low but I was running late to class and just went straight there.  A gas station is only a block down the way.  But they had a gas can on hand that had gas in it so they put a little in there just so I could start it and get to Shell.  I tried to give him the few dollars I had, but he wouldnt take it, so that was nice of him.

I shouldnt have tested her.  I know it wasnt Heidi.  It was all me.  I KNOW she can do these things.  But I was tired and stressed.  I worked all day, ran home, fed and walked everybody and rushed Heidi to class only to be late.  I also have social anxiety issues.  I do not do well with tests (doesnt matter the kind) and I DO NOT like people looking at me.  I know I was tense and nervous.  I know it was reflecting on Heidi.

Im just really discouraged and upset.

Vent over.

Samsons Mom

• Most Improved Member - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Sir-samps-a-lot :)
    • Samson's Therapy Dog Blog
Re: Heidi took the cgc test tonight
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 10:47:49 PM »
aww bummer! theres always next time! now youll know what to practice extra on. as long as she had fun thats all that matters :boing:
Keri, owned by- Samson, CGC, Therapy Dog(7/08)

Heidi-n-Koby

• Retired Member
  • Moved On
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 10:58:47 PM »
aww bummer! theres always next time! now youll know what to practice extra on. as long as she had fun thats all that matters :boing:

Actually, she was pretty pissed that she wasnt getting any noms and couldnt play with her friends haha

whitepupzoe

• Most Supportive & Friendliest Member - 2008
  • Global Moderator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 07:51:50 AM »
Awww, I'm sorry she didn't pass....she will do better next time!
Kristin ~ Mom to Abby & George

Always In My Heart ~ Angels Zoe & Ariel

Lisa

• Socialized
  • My pack, 5/27/12
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 08:06:44 AM »
Aww, poor girl.  Good luck to Heidi next time.
Artax, male Retriever mix, 11/1/99
Koda, CGC RN TT AD, male brindle, 10/10/08
Mukki, CGC, female fawn, 4/20/10