Author Topic: Gemini Was ADOPTED!  (Read 2281 times)

Carolyn

• Vet Checked
  • My dogs are not spoiled ... I'm just well trained!
    • Custom Throw Blankets
Gemini Was ADOPTED!
« on: March 26, 2007, 10:39:50 AM »
Here is the whole story:

We received Gemini as an owner surrender back in September. She was an 8 wk old puppy that was supposed to be a pure boxer,  :o but from her pictures you can tell she is not "pure" boxer ;)
So on saturday, we had our "rescue booth" at the local Pet Smart. We go through 11am - 3pm,

At around 2pm, a lady who had been emailing me (not that I remembered it at the time ::) ) and she talked with all of us (there were 3 of us at the Booth) I was talking mostly with someone else, so I didnt spend alot of time talking with her at the store. But I noticed that she called her husband and told him to "get his butt down there right now" ;)  About 20 mins later, the lady was still talking with our members when her husband showed up. Again, I was still busy with another person, but he played a little with gemini, then he and his wife were talking with another member when I finally was freed up. And what did I notice, well gemini was asleep on his feet,  :eek: in the middle of pet smart. They asked about the home visit and our other member said that they needed to send in the app first and that the earliest we could schedule a home visit was on sunday. Well the man  :bigcry: looked like he was going to cry, the wife had no problem and understood. But his face just broke my heart. So I said I could pick up the applicaiton and do the home visit that evening. I had never seen gemini so calm   :smitten: The man was about to jump out of his skin and his wife had to remind him that they still had to go shopping. We scheduled to meet at 6pm. When they started to walk out of the store, I thought the man was going to cry again when he handed the leash back to me. Then Gemini started to follow them out of the store, she only ever has done that with me :( :) I ran to the pet store to pick up food (cause I had been feeding raw) and some treats, then packed up her 2 bags of toys  ::) her crate and her blankie (I made one for her as an example) And at 6pm, I took her over to their house. They are a nice couple, around my age, recently married, new house, plenty of yard. They were open to training advice, collar prefernces (i also put a martingale on her ;) ) and wanted to know about nutrition ;D  very nice when the people are open to advice on the care of the dog. Anyhow, I had no qualms about leaving gemini with them. The man got down in the wet grass and played with her, and then got down on the floor in their house to play with her ;) the wife gave gemini bottled water to drink  :smitten: then while we were talking nutrition, gemini snuggled up to the husband and fell asleep with him rubbing her ears ;)
So I drove home alone, and even though this is just a "test drive", I know that she is not coming back to us  :sunny: she had the hubby wrapped around her fingers :) 

I have to email them information on the raw diet, and kibble rotations, so I will add a link to this forum and hopefully they will join. I am so happy that she found such a perfect forever home. She will be treated like a princess and be the center of attention. They also know how to be firm when needed which is good for her.

When I got home, I ordered a pizza and was able to eat it without crating one of my dogs. I keep looking for her around the house, and when I remember that she is gone, I get a little sad but then a little happy too.
Carolyn

Custom Throw Blankets for Boxer Rescue of ABQ
Click Here

Christen83

• Socialized
Re: Gemini Was ADOPTED!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 10:43:23 AM »
YAY For Gemini!!

r.fuentes

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 10:47:05 AM »
YAY glad Gemini found a forever loving home!  :thumbsup:
RITA-mom to: Sadie, Ty & Powie

Theresa

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • "No Pressure, no diamonds"-Mary Case
    • Getting Evan
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 10:54:24 AM »
Sounds great
Mom to:
Beasley (flashy fawn male) born 11/15/2005
Peanut (classic brindle female) born 2/15/2009
Evan (two legged brunette male) born 4/20/2011

Bugsys Mom

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • I love you man!!
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 11:09:32 AM »
Aww Carolyn that made me cry.  I am so happy Gemini found a furever home.  Good for you.  You are an  :angel:
Vicky

BoxerWB

• Administrator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 11:10:22 AM »
OMG, I don't know why, I normally don't get teary about stuff on the forum (even the really sad rescue stories), but I'm ready to cry!  Maybe it's just hearing what a softie the big guy was and how instantly they fell in love!  Sooo happy Gemini is going to have a great home with some very smart, loving people!  Sounds like they were just what she needed and vise versa!
Julia
Delta 03/12
Dash 07/06
Shady 07/05
In my heart: Xena 03/10/03 - 02/16/12

ltournat

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 11:17:51 AM »
Carolyn...that is such wonderful news.  It's so refreshing to hear a story of an adoption that just seems meant to be.  I hope they love her to pieces!!!  Great work!
________
~Lisa, mom to Felix~

Cassies Mom

• Socialized
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 11:49:07 AM »
That is so awesome.   Reminds me of how we got Cujo. I am so happy, it sounds like the couple will give her an amazing home.

whitepupzoe

• Most Supportive & Friendliest Member - 2008
  • Global Moderator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 11:50:09 AM »
That is wonderful! Glad Gemini has found her forever home!  :smitten:
Kristin ~ Mom to Abby & George

Always In My Heart ~ Angels Zoe & Ariel

steph0808

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 01:19:24 PM »
That is so awesome! It sounds like Gemini found a wonderful, loving family!
Riley - 9/19/2008

PoseidonsMom

• Socialized
  • The eyes are the window to the soul
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2007, 01:48:07 PM »
I'm so freakin happy (where's that dancing banana when I need him???)!! I absolutely adore Gemini, and it's great that she's finally got that furever home that she deserves! The only downside is that I'll miss the pics and cute stories, but hopefully her new people join the site and can continue giving us updates.

Man, if I were closer and could convince Randy, I would have her here with me!

Hanna Banana

• Best Topics & Most Thought-Provoking Posts - 2008
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Play Nice!
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 01:50:31 PM »
Yeah for Gemini!

That is great - I love happy endings.   The couple I did the home eval for last month just got their dog and are soooo happy.

I have their contact info for future playdates and meetups!

Heather  - Mom to Hanna Banana & Kash

Waylon and Zoes Mom

• Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2007, 10:35:02 PM »
That is some of the greatest news!  I'm so excited and happy for Gemini.  Have you heard from the prospects yet?
Heather~Mom to:
Waylon, Zoe, & Gizmo

Carolyn

• Vet Checked
  • My dogs are not spoiled ... I'm just well trained!
    • Custom Throw Blankets
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2007, 10:48:21 PM »
That is some of the greatest news!  I'm so excited and happy for Gemini.  Have you heard from the prospects yet?

No, I wanted to give them a little "acclimation" time, I will call them after work tomorrow and see how things are going. But they havent called me and said "come get her now" which is always a good sign!!!   :laugh4:
Carolyn

Custom Throw Blankets for Boxer Rescue of ABQ
Click Here

Waylon and Zoes Mom

• Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2007, 10:51:55 PM »
That is a good sign!!
Heather~Mom to:
Waylon, Zoe, & Gizmo