Author Topic: $28.00 later! Just a vent  (Read 554 times)

fairview Boxers

• Socialized
  • Corky 7yrs...Grandaughter Bella 8 weeks
    • Fairview Boxers
$28.00 later! Just a vent
« on: November 08, 2007, 08:05:25 AM »
OK, so for about 2 weeks now, Aggie has been giving me "issues" about coming back into the house from potty time.  So, I have been being SOOO patient (especially for me) and coaxing her in with a toy or something, after freezing my patooty off waiting for her in the cold. 
So, last night I figure, I will go and get her a small managerie of treats to help make life a little easier for me.  $28.00 in treats later.....  She still is giving me issues, and I am having to take her out on the leash again.  Now, this morning was a LITTLE better, but she was hesitant.... 
SO, I am going to work (early) on her obedience and start doing the fast comes....  She has come down, just not consistantly..... 
I normally don't start obedience until they are like 5-6 months old, other than basic sit, down, and SHORT stay.  But, she is really smart, I think she will do ok with an up'd schedule.... 
She is a food FREAK, evenmoreso than toys, so I don't think I will have a "want" issue, LOL....

Cass always had an issue with the "tweens", he hated door jams.  He rushed through them, so I have been really careful with Aggie to make sure she doesn't get that way.   It seems with every puppy I learn another way of doing it better....  Cass is such a good dog, hopefully Aggie will be even better!!!!  I would really like to do Obedience with her, she picks up SOOOO quick.
Kat Medved
Aggie 7.7.2007, Ozzy 04.16.2012
At the Bridge: Corky 11.2.2002-2.2012, Cass 8.6.2005-6.2012 www.fairviewboxer.com

whitepupzoe

• Most Supportive & Friendliest Member - 2008
  • Global Moderator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
Re: $28.00 later! Just a vent
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 08:08:02 AM »
How frustrating...they are little devils sometimes arent they?  Abby wouldnt come in no matter what I waved in front of her.  :confused:  Finally I had to use the ol "Someone's here" or "Daddy's home" to get her to come in!  :laugh4:

Kristin ~ Mom to Abby & George

Always In My Heart ~ Angels Zoe & Ariel

BoxerPerson

• Best Signature Quote - 2008; Most Addicted Member - 2009
  • Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 08:41:34 AM »
Phoebe was really goon, now at 13 mos she is giving me grey hair!  Some days she is an angel others...well lets say no angel award for her!

Sorry you are having issues with Abby.
Claire-Mom to Ollie, Zoe, Phoebe, Willie & Snookie

Goofy-Hailey-Nikki-Casey-Tyler-Cynder-Lilli-Daisy-Winnie-Felix-Levi-Ellie-&

ferndoggle

• Weanling
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 08:48:08 AM »
Ahhh, gotta love when they start pushing their limits!  

I started training obedience stuff with Lola at 9 weeks.  Sit, Down, Stand, heeling...plus lots of fun stuff.  She was like a sponge. I didn't expect perfection but just getting the basics ingrained in her brain. With the recall stuff, I spent about 2 weeks walking around with a bait bag on and everytime she was already coming toward me, I'd say "Lola COME!"...in my stupid high pitched voice and give her 3 or 4 treats & lots of rubs.  After those 2 weeks, I ditched the bag and just started saying "Lola Come!" and running to the cookie jar telling her how wonderful she was.  She thought it was the greatest game in the world!

She has the best recall of all 3 of my dogs!  
Jen in Pittsburgh
Sherman CGC, TDI...10 yo RottiShepX
Penny, CGC, TDI...5 yo BoxerX
Lola...18 mo White Boxer
http://ferndoggle.blogspot.com