Author Topic: Sad, Mad & disappointed  (Read 763 times)

whitedaisy

• Canine Good Citizen
Sad, Mad & disappointed
« on: October 30, 2007, 08:09:27 PM »
in myself. You may remember that I got Daisy from a girl at work - not a reputable breeder. Well, I had tried to educate the "breeder" gently, offer bits of info, told her about boxer websites, recommended books. I really thought they wouldn't do it again (mostly cause of how much work it is) but she came up to me today and said her boxer is in heat and it got away and was gone for 36 hrs. This poor dog is barely old enough to have it's first litter, and now likely it's second (Daisy is only 6 mo). And I'm so disappointed that the only thing I said was "I didn't think you were going to have more puppies" I'm just as mad at myself for not speaking up and telling her like it is as I am for them allowing this to happen, and not caring  about the wellfare of that poor dog and now a bunch of pups that are going to probably end up on petfinder.com or something.  :wreck:
Lisa, Mom to Daisy, Poppy and Archie; Forever missing Duey

Missy/Precious mom

• Most Encouraging Member - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
Re: Sad, Mad & disappointed
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 09:44:20 PM »
Don't beat yourself up, some people just don't want or care to listen.  I hope by some miracle that she isn't going to have pups but being gone that long I bet somebody got her or probably more than one got her.  You tried, that is all you can do.
Joyce

TobysMomma

• Vet Checked
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 10:22:50 PM »
Not your fault! Wow, 36 hours away, that is disturbing. Grrrrr. She should have her girl fixed if she can't keep her contained and safe during her cycles. Just one more litter to add to the numbers that need homes....Grrrrrrrrr  :furious3:
Please Support Boxer Rescue
http://www.ncbr.org/ca/index.php
Lori Momma to Ajay, Bo and current foster girl Blanca
Toby and Ayla forever in my heart

BoxerPerson

• Best Signature Quote - 2008; Most Addicted Member - 2009
  • Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 07:29:21 AM »
When does someone elses irresponsibility become yours?  You did what you could...she is the idiot, not you.  Poor baby.
Claire-Mom to Ollie, Zoe, Phoebe, Willie & Snookie

Goofy-Hailey-Nikki-Casey-Tyler-Cynder-Lilli-Daisy-Winnie-Felix-Levi-Ellie-&

whitepupzoe

• Most Supportive & Friendliest Member - 2008
  • Global Moderator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 07:55:15 AM »
When does someone elses irresponsibility become yours?  You did what you could...she is the idiot, not you.  Poor baby.

Ditto.  You can only do so much...some people just arent gonna listen.
Kristin ~ Mom to Abby & George

Always In My Heart ~ Angels Zoe & Ariel