Author Topic: Poo problems and vet last straw.  (Read 2139 times)

LillyKodasMom

• Potty Trained
  • Aren't we cute?
Re: Poo problems and vet last straw.
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2007, 06:06:26 PM »
It's so hard to find vets that don't suggest food like purina.  The vet I work for does, but I would never write him off because of that, since he is great with everything else. 

I still have yet to find a food that doesn't make Koda's poos runny. :dizzy2: 

I would def. switch back to the Canidae if she did good on that, after the chicken and rice.

I'm not writing him off solely because of that, I know they are not nutritionalists. But we have been questioning some things, and that is what pushed me over the edge.......

Oh I completely understand.  It took me quite a few vets to find one that I like.
Lindsay~
Owned and Loved by:
Lilly~Female 4 year old Brindle Boxer
Koda~Male 2 1/2 year old Flashy Brindle Boxer

Bumpy

• Forum Wise Alec - 2008
  • Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2007, 07:51:29 AM »
 Well, I'm relived to say that after only one bland meal in her belly, things are already a bit firmer.  :thumbsup:  So we wil keep the chix and rice diet going maybe for the weekend. Play it by ear. And go out today and get her some Canidae to phase back into her diet. 
  Shelly CGC 7.13.06 Keanu 5.16.07

BoxerPerson

• Best Signature Quote - 2008; Most Addicted Member - 2009
  • Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2007, 07:53:25 AM »
yea....sounds great! 
Claire-Mom to Ollie, Zoe, Phoebe, Willie & Snookie

Goofy-Hailey-Nikki-Casey-Tyler-Cynder-Lilli-Daisy-Winnie-Felix-Levi-Ellie-&

Theresa

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • "No Pressure, no diamonds"-Mary Case
    • Getting Evan
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2007, 09:17:11 AM »
E- Try starting on the Canidae.  Wellness is too rich for Beas belly.  I use Solid Gold and I think I am going to start roatating wtih Cali Natural or Wellness SFS
Mom to:
Beasley (flashy fawn male) born 11/15/2005
Peanut (classic brindle female) born 2/15/2009
Evan (two legged brunette male) born 4/20/2011

Bumpy

• Forum Wise Alec - 2008
  • Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2007, 09:24:14 AM »
  Thanks we are going to do just that. Need to find out what other food is similar to Canidae as eventually would like to rotate.

Mari

• Potty Trained
  • Wanna Play?
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2007, 08:38:58 PM »
I feel you completely. We have had soggy poo problems with Pepino for what seems like forever. The only food he seems ok with is Natural Balance, allergy formula...and only certain ones too! We would love to rotate him but every time we have tried a food change we go back to very soggy and it becomes impossible  :(

Innova, Chicken soup, Canidae and Royal canin along with regular NB have not done it for us.

Hmph...boxers and their tricky stomachs  :blank:

Good luck to you though!
Mari, Kalani and Pepino =)

Sophia Sadeyes

• Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2007, 08:59:24 PM »
Bumpy- yep I hear you!!! We had either paste poo or massive stink butt (or both) with most foods.
That's why I we switched to Raw. It has really helped to eliminate these issues.

She does eat Canidae 2-3x per week and does fine on that. But that seems like the only kibble that works for her. It's also the hardest to get by me (they only sell 40lb bags) locally.

ah the things we do for our babies.
Sophia: CGC, OAJ, 05.05.06
Strummer: CGC, OA, AXJ  02.20.08

grammie

• Retired Member
  • Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2007, 04:59:19 PM »
poor shelly.  Thor has always been runny except in the am.  Like you, pumpkin helped initially, but then I didn't see much difference.  Ivette's are perfectly normal.

They eat canidae and CS dry.  I'm wondering if it's the CS with Thor since others have had that problem.

curious, why did you switch her from canidae to wellness?  I tried a switch to the one that bombersmama tried.  Can't remember the name, but it had trout and oats in it.  Didn't agree with them so I switched back.  I think we all want the best food for our babies, so we try something new.  I'm sticking with canidae and will try to not use CS and see if it helps thor.

Bumpy

• Forum Wise Alec - 2008
  • Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2007, 06:56:55 PM »
poor shelly.  Thor has always been runny except in the am.  Like you, pumpkin helped initially, but then I didn't see much difference.  Ivette's are perfectly normal.

They eat canidae and CS dry.  I'm wondering if it's the CS with Thor since others have had that problem.

curious, why did you switch her from canidae to wellness?  I tried a switch to the one that bombersmama tried.  Can't remember the name, but it had trout and oats in it.  Didn't agree with them so I switched back.  I think we all want the best food for our babies, so we try something new.  I'm sticking with canidae and will try to not use CS and see if it helps thor.

Grammie, We initially changed to Wellness simply to try to get a bit of a rotation going with her diet, but once the wellness failed for us we made another switch to the Innova and all of this seams to have really messed her up. So now we are on a bland diet, things are improving and we will phase Canidae back in once she is doing better. 

grammie

• Retired Member
  • Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2007, 10:25:13 PM »
thor was like a literal faucet on Innova and EVO.  too much protein I think.

i give CS for variety also, but i mix the 2 together.  Never one or the other alone.

Bugsys Mom

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • I love you man!!
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2007, 11:17:58 AM »
I just started with natural Balance this weekend and it is a nighmare.  2 D poos in the house and terrible gas.  I am buying a bag of Canidae at noon today and getting back on it.  Thank goodness I only bought the small bag of NB. ::)
What was I thinking? :'(
Vicky

Carolyn

• Vet Checked
  • My dogs are not spoiled ... I'm just well trained!
    • Custom Throw Blankets
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2007, 12:15:28 PM »
I just started with natural Balance this weekend and it is a nighmare.  2 D poos in the house and terrible gas.  I am buying a bag of Canidae at noon today and getting back on it.  Thank goodness I only bought the small bag of NB. ::)
What was I thinking? :'(

My girl had trouble with NB too, but my male did fine on Wellness, it was my wallet that had trouble with it ;) 

These brands are pretty similar in "richness" so it may work for a rotation:
California Natural, canidae, solid gold, chicken soup and merrick

If he can handle merrick, they have a variety of meat sources in their foods, so you could rotate meat sources within one brand.

My female did ok on merrick but my male had trouble with it ::)
Carolyn

Custom Throw Blankets for Boxer Rescue of ABQ
Click Here

Bumpy

• Forum Wise Alec - 2008
  • Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2007, 06:23:23 PM »

Can I get a hell Yea! We got solid poo! I know, I'm a wierdo!  But YAA!!!!

~CLOWN~

• Socialized
  • ~Miss Molly Brown~
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2007, 06:32:16 PM »
 :thumbsup: for solid poos!!!  ;D
Kathy & Molly Brown 5/16/06