Author Topic: Bruce's Breeder  (Read 972 times)

Christen83

• Socialized
Bruce's Breeder
« on: October 03, 2007, 04:26:36 PM »
Not a puppymill, but a BYB.  I just found out today they had a litter of pups back in August and it's just tearing me up.  I looked at the pictures of the 7 of them and just see all the problems that may crop up.  I never notified them of Bruce's problems b/c I never thought any of them were big enough to be a convincing argument for them not to breed again.   :'(  But now I'm feeling like maybe it would have made a difference.

I guess the good side is they said they would stop breeding the girl after three litters and this is her third.  I hope these guys get great homes.

Bugsys Mom

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • I love you man!!
Re: Bruce's Breeder
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 04:29:21 PM »
 :no: Does she have a website?
Vicky

BoxerPerson

• Best Signature Quote - 2008; Most Addicted Member - 2009
  • Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 04:41:23 PM »
Poor babes.  Hopefully they will find loving homes like Bruce did.
Claire-Mom to Ollie, Zoe, Phoebe, Willie & Snookie

Goofy-Hailey-Nikki-Casey-Tyler-Cynder-Lilli-Daisy-Winnie-Felix-Levi-Ellie-&

BurningRiver

• Socialized
  • Copper Hill's Crown Jewel, TT
    • Burning River Boxers
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 06:23:27 AM »
Hi Christen,
You may want to let her know about the problems that you've had with Bruce anyway. If she had them in August, there's a good chance that she hasn't sent them home yet. If she hasn't sent them home yet, they haven't been registered. At bare minimum, you telling her may ensure that she at least puts them all out on limited registration to prevent them from being bred by their new owners. It may also make her think twice about wanting to continuing her breeding program with one of the puppies if it was in her plans to do so.

Just a thought - hugs to Bruce!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 06:25:09 AM by BurningRiver »
Jessica, Mia and Carter
Burning River Boxers
http://www.burningriverboxers.com

In Heaven: Nedra, CGC 12/24/00-1/29/11

BoxerPerson

• Best Signature Quote - 2008; Most Addicted Member - 2009
  • Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 06:26:03 AM »
I agree with Jessica....and let's hope she listens to you about the issues and does something good for her new litter, like a spay/neuter contract to new owners....
Claire-Mom to Ollie, Zoe, Phoebe, Willie & Snookie

Goofy-Hailey-Nikki-Casey-Tyler-Cynder-Lilli-Daisy-Winnie-Felix-Levi-Ellie-&

Christen83

• Socialized
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 08:32:04 AM »
I was planning to notify them after I got Bruce's pathology report back, that's why I was looking at their site.  They should have his pathology tomorrow so I can send something then, though I may need some help making it sound right.  They really aren't bad people and I don't want to come of accusatory, just informational and helpful.  They do care about their dogs so I'm sure it's easy to turn a deaf ear to critisism.