Author Topic: What to use?  (Read 474 times)

Bumpy

• Forum Wise Alec - 2008
  • Canine Good Citizen
What to use?
« on: September 22, 2007, 09:27:46 AM »
We feed the pups outside on the deck. They tend to drag their RMB's all over. This inturn leaves fatty stains on the deck. What is good to get rid of this. Would like to stay away from bleach. Something that would deteriate the fat I suppose, not sure.
  Shelly CGC 7.13.06 Keanu 5.16.07

Missy/Precious mom

• Most Encouraging Member - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
Re: What to use?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 09:33:25 AM »
I don't know how it would be on your deck but I use vinegar on my floors and everything else.  It cuts grease, soap scum about everything that I know of and is cheap too.  I guy the white vinegar by the gallon.
Joyce

Bumpy

• Forum Wise Alec - 2008
  • Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 09:36:35 AM »
WE too use the white vinegar. We do spray in on the deck, but doesnt seam to help much with the staining. Do you use it steight up or diluted?

Missy/Precious mom

• Most Encouraging Member - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 05:41:03 PM »
For general cleaning I dilute it but for stains I use it straight.
Joyce

Boxermom,K

• Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 10:07:20 PM »
Dawn dish soap works wonderful!

Bubba 12/30/00 - 10/29/07
Kristi
Mom to Laila CGC- 9 year old fawn, Viktor CGC, TDI- 7 year old heeler mix

Sophia Sadeyes

• Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 09:12:50 AM »
We feed the pups outside on the deck. They tend to drag their RMB's all over. This inturn leaves fatty stains on the deck. What is good to get rid of this. Would like to stay away from bleach. Something that would deteriate the fat I suppose, not sure.

Bump I'm WITH you on this one. We have/had the SAME problem. We tried peroxide based cleaners (7th Gen) and vinegar, dish soap...you name it! I found the peroxide cleaners worked best if you cleaned the area right away with a scrub brush. It still left a stain but not as bad. I got fed up and decided to just feed in the grass.

If you deck is not stained or treated you can always power wash it! We did our in the early summer and it looks great. A lot of work but looks nice.

Good luck let us know if you find something that works!!
Sophia: CGC, OAJ, 05.05.06
Strummer: CGC, OA, AXJ  02.20.08

grammie

• Retired Member
  • Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 11:19:19 AM »
try Greased Lightning.  i swear by that stuff.   never seen it not take out anything  :thumbsup:

you can get it at the dollar store or any grocery.

works SO good you have to clean a larger area to blend if you leave it on more than a few seconds  ;)

Carolyn

• Vet Checked
  • My dogs are not spoiled ... I'm just well trained!
    • Custom Throw Blankets
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 11:43:14 AM »
Bumpy,

what I did when first starting to feed RMB's is I used my exercise pen to gate off 2 areas in the kitchen, laid down plastic table cloths (you can get them at the dollar store for $1 ea) and then would gate the dogs into their areas. Now granted my goal was to train my female not to attack my male for his food ::) but the end result was they stay on the mats when eating. Just takes some time but then you can wipe the cloths off with straight vinegar and replace them when they start smelling funky. ;)
Carolyn

Custom Throw Blankets for Boxer Rescue of ABQ
Click Here

BurningRiver

• Socialized
  • Copper Hill's Crown Jewel, TT
    • Burning River Boxers
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 01:26:11 PM »
Be careful about putting chemical cleaners down on your deck. Keep in mind that they'll be eating off of it for their next meal.

What about feeding them in their crates? That way you can just mop out the crate pans. Just a thought!
Jessica, Mia and Carter
Burning River Boxers
http://www.burningriverboxers.com

In Heaven: Nedra, CGC 12/24/00-1/29/11

Bumpy

• Forum Wise Alec - 2008
  • Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2007, 07:26:26 PM »
I know..... definatly no chemicals. The crate thing sounds like a good idea, but I really don't wan't to disenfect crates every meal. And there crates are in a carpeted room.

Turns out what I thought was full potency vinegar was 50/50 mix. Wifey, did not tell me that. So I will try it full strength.