Author Topic: canidae? wth?  (Read 4157 times)

dogs4jen

• Potty Trained
Re: canidae? wth?
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2007, 01:08:09 PM »
Hmm, it sounds kind of fishy to me, I think I'll wait a while before I totally freak out.
Jen

Boxermom,K

• Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2007, 05:11:58 PM »
To be honest I don't trust any of these reports anymore and I don't trust any of these pet food companies to be honest either.
I am sticking with feeding primarily a home prepared raw with a few meals of Nutro Natural Choice Herring Meal and Rice.

Bubba 12/30/00 - 10/29/07
Kristi
Mom to Laila CGC- 9 year old fawn, Viktor CGC, TDI- 7 year old heeler mix

~CLOWN~

• Socialized
  • ~Miss Molly Brown~
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2007, 06:39:58 PM »
I would think the Canidae website would say something if they were recalling any food. I have to wonder about the validity of these claims. Thankfully Molly is eating Innova Evo so I don't have to worry about this one! To all of you that do feed Canidae- I hope it turns out to be nothing.
Kathy & Molly Brown 5/16/06

Hanna Banana

• Best Topics & Most Thought-Provoking Posts - 2008
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Play Nice!
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2007, 09:14:27 PM »
this has been flying off on other forums.  And people have e mailed Canidae directly and they responded with nothing wrong with their kibble.

This to me (IMO) is and internet rumor.   All it takes is someone to write up a report (even a competitor) and stick it on the net.  Canidae is a VERY popular food and sure some companies would do anything to get people off it.   Given the amount of scares with recalls, I am pretty sure shall something be confirmed and this be true, that Canidae would take the kibble off the shelves.  Last thing they want to do is sell a bad product.

So until that happened, if I were feeding Canidae , I would contine until the FDA or Canidae mention something. 
Heather  - Mom to Hanna Banana & Kash

r.fuentes

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2007, 05:53:53 AM »
author=Hanna Banana
So until that happened, if I were feeding Canidae , I would contine until the FDA or Canidae mention something. 

Feeding until then!!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 02:55:14 PM by r.fuentes »
RITA-mom to: Sadie, Ty & Powie

rac.cul

• Socialized
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2007, 08:43:09 AM »
 :eek: that was a scare  :yes:

rachel

BoxerWB

• Administrator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2007, 12:07:42 PM »
Looks like it's not entirely trustworthy to me.  Some "private lab" and the woman contacting is doing so for a friend she won't name?  Oddness.  I wouldn't get worked up until there are *official* comments regarding a recall.  I suspect this is bogus.
Julia
Delta 03/12
Dash 07/06
Shady 07/05
In my heart: Xena 03/10/03 - 02/16/12

PoseidonsMom

• Socialized
  • The eyes are the window to the soul
UPDATE
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2007, 05:30:56 PM »
Canidae’s Pet Food Tests Negative For Acetaminophen

Itchmo called Canidae this afternoon to inquire if they had received the lab results from their testing. They received the test results yesterday. A Canidae spokesperson released this statement to us:

In view of recent reports that have been circulating that products of major pet food manufacturers contain acetaminophen, Canidae wants our customers to know that we have tested our products. The results confirm what we at Canidae already know: we do not put acetaminophen in our products in any way, shape or form. Independent laboratory results found no detectable acetaminophen at 1 part per million.

One unconfirmed report by one laboratory appears to have given rise to the postings and rumors about our products. That same laboratory has also claimed acetaminophen contamination in other manufacturers’ products that the FDA and the laboratory at the University of California have examined and found that the claims could not be validated. We are not aware of any other laboratory that claims to have found acetaminophen in pet food samples. The independent testing of our products includes samples from the same lot that gave rise to the claim about our products as well as samples from a second lot. Again, no detectable level of acetaminophen was found down to the 1 part per million level.

Canidae is committed to the highest level of safety for our products and we live up to that commitment: we do not use Chinese suppliers. All of our products are made in the US. We believe that there are no products on the market today that are safer or more nutritious for your pet than Canidae pet foods.

Note: A company spokesperson showed me the negative lab results under the condition that I keep the lab results confidential and not post, circulate, or retransmit the results.

BoxerPerson

• Best Signature Quote - 2008; Most Addicted Member - 2009
  • Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2007, 05:45:07 PM »
Good...I don't feed but my sis does.
Claire-Mom to Ollie, Zoe, Phoebe, Willie & Snookie

Goofy-Hailey-Nikki-Casey-Tyler-Cynder-Lilli-Daisy-Winnie-Felix-Levi-Ellie-&

Rubidawg

• Best Story Teller - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
    • HeathDawgs
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2007, 05:49:29 PM »
I never had any doubt.

Thanks, Leanne! :thumbsup:
Dawn
Rubi, CGC - 2.16.05
Bauer - Rocket's Kindred Spirit RN CGC - 4.16.12
Ms. Kitty - 3.15.02
Forever In My Heart: Grady, Branwen's Northern Sky BN RA CGC - 12.22.07 - 5.25.12

Bers

• Most Underrated Member - 2009
  • Administrator
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • DEADHEAD
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2007, 06:59:24 PM »
I'm still feeding Canidae, it doesn't sound like this report is very credible.
Amber

grammie

• Retired Member
  • Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2007, 09:06:16 PM »
thx leanne.  mine are still both on canidae too.  i guess i should have done a snopes check before posting  ;)