Author Topic: exercise 2  (Read 933 times)

Hulk

• Moved On
  • Moved On
  • Kiss me Hulk or I won't let you up!!
exercise 2
« on: September 06, 2007, 07:25:41 PM »
Thought I would try posting here...How much exercise is a boxer 1 yr and 7 months old suppose to get?? Also, are there any exercises(besides agilitly) that I can do to build muscle?
Our days our long we eat, sleep, wrestle, sleep and do all over.
Hulk and Storm

RocketBoxer

• Best All Rounder - 2009
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • (Leia)
Re: exercise 2
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 03:31:14 PM »
Well, this is close to the time when their growth plates close so I wouldn't think that there are too many limitations. I would start out something slow and then gradually build up over time.

What about starting out with walks - and slowly increase your distance, and then maybe start running? Or what about just throwing a ball or a frisbee in the back yard? Or another great option would be to go swimming.
Kerry
Mom to Skye, Trigger, Leia and Lizzy
www.rocketboxers.com

Gone But Not Forgotten - Shaka & Star

"A dog's mind is a terrible thing to waste."

highdrama

Re: exercise 2
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 03:41:30 PM »
Henri was getting 2 hours exercise per day at that age, from a year old anyway.  He'd get very little forced exercise with lots of long lead/off lead walking.  Here you can start agility from a year old and boxers love it, being particularly agile.  I always love to watch them bound about like gazelles, so graceful!  We built up from 9 months of age to an hour's exercise in the morning and then the same again in the evening before each meal.