Author Topic: I need advice plz  (Read 1100 times)

linz and ellie

• Officially Boxer Crazy
I need advice plz
« on: September 17, 2007, 01:59:54 PM »
I have this isse with Ellie, its been happening for about a month or so now.
I have ran out of ideas and would really appreciate some advice.
She goes in her pen when we are gone, but guaranteed when we return she will have peed, pooed or done both  ::) Now her pen is the same size as a crate so its not as if she has too much room.

We have videoed her before and she seems fine, no crying or barking when we are gone and our neighbours say they never hear her. I just dont understand why she does this. She is housetrained and goes to the back door when wee are in, she hasnt had any accidents while we are there for god knows how long but we always come back to find she has pooed.

Here are all the things i have tried:
1. I do not make an issue or a big fuss about coming and going.
2. I have tried leaving the radio and tv on.
3. She has her kong, a treat ball, lots of chews and bones and toys to occupy her.
4. We feed her twice a day at set times - 7am and 6pm.
5. She is well exercised before i leave.
6. She always goes toilet beofre i leave.
7. I have tried all cleaning products to get rid any smell that may be making her go again and again, tried vinegar, pet stuff everything

I really am out of ideas as to why she only does this when we leave. She sleeps downstairs in her pen during the night and doesnt mess at all. She will go lie upstairs while we are downstairs so she likes to have her own space.

I even tried leaving her out of her pen today and letting her have run of the hallway, she did really well but pooed and weed after lunchtime.

Sophia Sadeyes

• Canine Good Citizen
Re: I need advice plz
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 03:10:15 PM »
how long is she left for before she has an accident? Do you leave her for too long?

Did you catch her going when you filmed her?

What were the products you used to clean up the mess- was it on hard floor or carpet?

Wonder if she's ill?

maybe go back to the basics with her and really praise her for going outside. Maybe only leave her for short stints and build up again.

Sophia: CGC, OAJ, 05.05.06
Strummer: CGC, OA, AXJ  02.20.08

linz and ellie

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 02:44:50 AM »
To our suprise we didnt catch her going when we filmed her.

She is left for 4 hours in the morning then Ant comes home for lunch lets her out.
Then he goes back to work at 1.30pm then he returns at 5pm.

I think my next step is to try feeding her earlier in the morning so she has got it all out of her system before i leave for work.

The flooring is laminate flooring and i use boiled water and vinegar to clean up after her, i cannot seem to find any good cleaner that will help me out.

rac.cul

• Socialized
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 03:38:24 AM »
i wouldnt feed her in the morning and give her 1 big meal at 5 when you come in
i hope you sort this out soon
rachel

whitepupzoe

• Most Supportive & Friendliest Member - 2008
  • Global Moderator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 07:49:08 AM »
Linz is there a trainer that you could contact? When Abby was having all her issues I called Zoe's old trainer and she helped me put together a plan to get her straightened out.  My trainer had me do a poop/pee journal so I could figure out her pattern. 
Kristin ~ Mom to Abby & George

Always In My Heart ~ Angels Zoe & Ariel

linz and ellie

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 08:30:30 AM »
Just phoned Ant, he went home for lunch and Ellie was fine, no mess at all.
Maybe it isnt a big problem like i am thinking but the fact that she hasnt emptied her system fully before i leave in a morning...........

BoxerWB

• Administrator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 10:52:31 AM »
Rac.Cul - One big meal is actually not supposed to be good for them.  It's best to split it up into at least 2 meals. 
Julia
Delta 03/12
Dash 07/06
Shady 07/05
In my heart: Xena 03/10/03 - 02/16/12

rac.cul

• Socialized
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 11:02:27 AM »
Rac.Cul - One big meal is actually not supposed to be good for them.  It's best to split it up into at least 2 meals. 

i feed mine 1 big meal and they eat it through out the day i dont take it back up

they dont gobble it up they eat a bit and come back for more later is that wrong to do as i have always done that ???
rachel

BoxerWB

• Administrator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2007, 11:27:28 AM »
Well that's a bit different - it's called free feeding the way you do it, but it's also considered a bad idea by some people (myself included).   Reasons vary, some it's for regulation (knowing exactly how much and when the dog eats) to monitor health, others it's about the dog knowing it depends on you for resources, other it's for health because dog food sitting out for several hours can have bacteria issues.
Julia
Delta 03/12
Dash 07/06
Shady 07/05
In my heart: Xena 03/10/03 - 02/16/12

Bugsys Mom

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • I love you man!!
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2007, 02:19:57 PM »
I really don't have any advice, but I do hope you get it sorted out.  I can imagine how frustrating it must be.
Vicky

linz and ellie

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2007, 03:30:56 PM »
Oh it is so frustrating. No accidents at all today  :thumbsup:

Chester

• Just Whelped
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 11:54:30 AM »
Linz,

Do you not let Ellie roam free in the house? I leave Chester to roam, apart from front room (new leather suite) and my bedroom. He loves the settee and our bed!! He's been fine and as said above I only feed him in the morning and at 6pm. He then goes out about 30 mins after he's eaten.

I too wouldn't leave his meal in the bowl all day...........bacteria and the likes are so cruel to Boxers. But then he does eat his all up like a good boy!  :partybanana:

And before anyone says anything, I DO leave fresh water for him.........always!

If you want to bring them both (Ellie and JJ) to mine, I'd only be too happy to have them!!  :smitten:

Gaz.
Chester...................guarding my bed!!

linz and ellie

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 12:04:59 PM »
Linz,

Do you not let Ellie roam free in the house? I leave Chester to roam, apart from front room (new leather suite) and my bedroom. He loves the settee and our bed!! He's been fine and as said above I only feed him in the morning and at 6pm. He then goes out about 30 mins after he's eaten.

I too wouldn't leave his meal in the bowl all day...........bacteria and the likes are so cruel to Boxers. But then he does eat his all up like a good boy!  :partybanana:

And before anyone says anything, I DO leave fresh water for him.........always!

If you want to bring them both (Ellie and JJ) to mine, I'd only be too happy to have them!!  :smitten:

Gaz.

I have tried twice to see how she does been left out and both times she has been real good for a few days then destruction strikes. She ripped back my entire landing carpet and ruined all the underlay and the second time she chewed up my hall flooring which is now covered with a huge rug coz i do not want to have a new floor until i decorate in there.
She is left with plenty to do, lots of toys, chews and she only ever has a kong when we are gone.

fairview Boxers

• Socialized
  • Corky 7yrs...Grandaughter Bella 8 weeks
    • Fairview Boxers
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2007, 07:17:31 AM »
What do you consider well exercised?
Kat Medved
Aggie 7.7.2007, Ozzy 04.16.2012
At the Bridge: Corky 11.2.2002-2.2012, Cass 8.6.2005-6.2012 www.fairviewboxer.com

linz and ellie

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2007, 08:08:05 AM »
Since i posted this i have had no issues with Ellie, must have just been a stage.

By well exercised, she is walked every morning, i occasionally take her in the park and let her off to run around but she is walked no matter what the weather is - we have rain coats lol.

She is then has a short walk at lunch time with Ant, only down the road and back tho.

Then she gets the same walk or off leash run in the evening, obviously at the weekends you can spend more time with them.....