Author Topic: Showing an Import  (Read 1475 times)

Hanna Banana

• Best Topics & Most Thought-Provoking Posts - 2008
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Play Nice!
Showing an Import
« on: March 21, 2007, 02:02:33 PM »
I know this has been discussed before, like you can go to open shows but isn't there and International show for the import Boxers in the US?

Any info would be great:)
Heather  - Mom to Hanna Banana & Kash

Theresa

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • "No Pressure, no diamonds"-Mary Case
    • Getting Evan
Re: Showing an Import
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 02:14:05 PM »
I dont think there is a show specifically for imports.  Any import can be shown in any show provided that they "transfer" their registery to the US
Mom to:
Beasley (flashy fawn male) born 11/15/2005
Peanut (classic brindle female) born 2/15/2009
Evan (two legged brunette male) born 4/20/2011

Newcastle

• Most Informed Member - 2009
  • Administrator
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • WHEEE!!!!!
    • Newcastle Boxers
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 02:18:53 PM »
Not exactly.  There's the IABCA, which uses the FCI standard and gives what they call an "International Championship", but it's different than 'normal' dog shows in that the dogs don't compete against each other - every dog in the ring that day could win a 'certificate' toward their title (you need three, of varying levels, for the different titles).  This is the organization that some people are using to put Championships on white Boxers, because while the IABCA follows the FCI standard (which does not disqualify white, only faults it), they do not honor the registration conventions in FCI countries (which do not allow breeding/showing registration on whites).  IABCA shows are good in that the judge gives a written critique of the dog - but as with any judges' opinion, sometimes that needs to be taken with a grain of salt; if you read enough critiques you'll start to see some stock phrases used for just about every entry. 

The people who had Hugo's last litter have an Italian import that they show in UKC shows; there seems to be more tolerance for 'different' looking dogs in the UKC.  I do think in general UKC titles are more respected than IABCA ones - though honestly, just so you're aware, many AKC breeders wouldn't give either the time of day.
Jennifer Walker
Newcastle Boxers, Reg'd
Mind ~ Body ~ Spirit ~ Naturally

Visit the Boxer Crazy Store

Hanna Banana

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Play Nice!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 04:11:05 PM »
So you can transfer registrations?  Is that hard to do?

BranwenBoxers

• Canine Good Citizen
  • " Branwen's Eastern Sea " Millie
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 05:57:25 PM »
So you can transfer registrations?  Is that hard to do?

Hi Heather,
It all depends on the reg. your girl has .  The AKC has a list that you can look up that will tell you what reg. that can be transfered .  The UKC , is a nice way to get into the ring without having to deal with the pro handlers , they are not allowed  .  The UKC is more family orinted , and with me having 3 childern that is a good thing  :) . But above all its a nice way to get some ring time , and to get practic before you hit the AKC shows .  I am going to a UKC show in April , and maybe get my child to handle in the pee wee classe .     

Heather
BranwenBoxers
Heather
Branwen Boxers
www.BranwenBoxers.com

Hanna Banana

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Play Nice!
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 06:47:32 PM »
Thanks for the info Heather.

It will be for our male next year.  He will be coming from a German Kennel, and registered over there.   Not sure when yet, for we will wait to see what the schedule breedings produce.

Its all exciting, and just looking to get into something (show) whether is small at first then go big time if we do well or what not.   So all info is greatly appreciated!!!

Newcastle

• Most Informed Member - 2009
  • Administrator
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • WHEEE!!!!!
    • Newcastle Boxers
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 09:08:59 PM »
The AKC-accepted registry for Germany is the Verband fur das Hundewesen e.V.  For Boxers, also acceptable are the Boxer-Klub e.V. and the Internationaler Boxer-Club e.V. 

Specifics about foreign registration are here:
http://www.akc.org/rules/special_registry_services.cfm

I believe Alisha (Shaeward) has worked through one for Ruby, so can probably give you some tips. :)
Jennifer Walker
Newcastle Boxers, Reg'd
Mind ~ Body ~ Spirit ~ Naturally

Visit the Boxer Crazy Store

Shaeward

• Socialized
    • Shaeward Boxers
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 09:12:42 PM »
It's not so much you're transfering the registration, you're just registering with the AKC as well.

Here is more info on registering a foreign dog with AKC:

http://www.akc.org/rules/special_registry_services.cfm

Here is the foreign registration application form (the 3rd page tells you which attacments you'll need...note an *Export* Pedigree must be attached. Be sure the pedigree you send says *Export Pedigree*...otherwise AKC won't accept it. Export Pedigrees must be requested from the original registering body...the breeder usually handles this.).

http://www.akc.org/pdfs/foreign.pdf

LOL...looks like Jennifer and I were posting at the same time.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 09:14:25 PM by Shaeward »
~Alisha~
Shaeward Boxers
www.shaewardboxers.com

Hanna Banana

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Play Nice!
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 09:38:15 PM »
Thanks Guys -  I appreciate it, I will bookmark those sites for next year!!!