Author Topic: Too nosey  (Read 555 times)

linz and ellie

• Officially Boxer Crazy
Too nosey
« on: August 17, 2007, 05:43:58 AM »
This isnt much of a problem but it is highly annoying.

Ellie has to be the nosiest dog ever, she has to look at everything.
If there is a person or another dog behind us when i walk her (even if they are quite far away) she will turn around and will not budge. What is the best way to get her to continue walking? I have been saying come on and giving a slight tug on her lead but she sometimes will not listen so i attempt to drag her but she is a heavy lump and other times she comes fine but continues to look around about 100 times.

Patti

• Officially Boxer Crazy
Re: Too nosey
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 09:36:20 AM »
Do you bring treats with you on walks to lure her? I always have a yummy treat with me like little pieces of cheese or chicken. Something he really loves (and doesn't get all the time) to get him moving. Otis is a nosey thing too.
Patti & Otis (8/18/2006)

Sophia Sadeyes

• Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 10:51:23 AM »
I think boxers are busy bodies. Always whats to stick their nose in something. Everytime I come home with something new (groceries or shopping bag) she ALWAYS has to stick her nose in it like "is that for meee"?

yeah, maybe some lure here with treats or cheese on walks. Maybe get her to learn the "watch me or look at me" command.

I think it's in their nature to be nosey!!

Sophia: CGC, OAJ, 05.05.06
Strummer: CGC, OA, AXJ  02.20.08

r.fuentes

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 11:28:59 AM »
Yup, I have 2 nosey boxers! Ty & Powie . . I take treats on our walks, works for me unless there is something more interesting like kids coming up to give them some loving!!

I think boxers are busy bodies. Always whats to stick their nose in something. Everytime I come home with something new (groceries or shopping bag) she ALWAYS has to stick her nose in it like "is that for meee"?

All 3 of mine do that, one time my hands were full & they pulled
RITA-mom to: Sadie, Ty & Powie

Arbies mom

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 05:08:35 PM »
can identify with this. Arbie's one heck of a nosey dog; that's how he got his mouth stung by a bee  last week, nosing at neighbour doing his garden.
I usually let him sit and watch folks on his walks as long as he doesn't try to lunge after them. His favourite pasttime is to plonk his butt outside a house and stare in through the window listening to the occupant's conversations,  :embarassed: while I'm trying to bribe him away with some treat.  I'm sure they think I do it on purpose to look in myself, especially when it's a couple having arguement.
Tracy

highdrama

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 06:55:43 AM »
Hehe, the nosy boxer.  Yes happens to us all me thinks.  You think Ellie is heavy?  You should try hauling Henri when he puts the brakes on!!!!!  What works for me is LEAVE.  I also use a martingale collar, so it tightens and he can't back out of it (yes it's happened).  I find LEAVE and a quick tug on the lead does the trick as he starts to turn his head for another wee peek.  If you do this BEFORE she turns her head, as she turns her head, you'll have more control.  But a boxer with the brakes on is a tough opponent!