Author Topic: What do you think of this male?  (Read 1046 times)

livaliljequist

What do you think of this male?
« on: August 16, 2007, 12:54:34 PM »
There is also a copy of his pedigree....if you know something about it could you let me know about it....Thanks

http://www.freewebs.com/allstarboxers/ambutch.htm

BoxerWB

• Administrator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
Re: What do you think of this male?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 01:15:49 PM »
His lines have lots of champs listed, but the whole operation gives me the heebeejeebee's.   The name All Star Boxers reeks of BYB and every other dog has a "eh" to "eek" pedigree (I honestly wonder why they bother posting something that shows the dog is from BYBs for 9 generations!)

Is this dog the stud of a litter you are considering?  What is the dam like?

Personally I'd be leary of this person and anyone willing to deal with them while they are breeding like they are - that "sealed" brindle that is producing such "nice" puppies and yet she's got zero dogs of note in 4 generations, only a single champ. in 5 gens. 

I have a feeling we looked at this place before, that seriously annoying bubble cursor looks very familiar!
Julia
Delta 03/12
Dash 07/06
Shady 07/05
In my heart: Xena 03/10/03 - 02/16/12

livaliljequist

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 01:23:04 PM »
I was mostly wondering about the pedigree because I am really bored and was looking to see what I could find in my area. :zzz: 

The male doesn't look all that impressive.....to me it seems that he has a crouched back.  Also his head looks off to me. 

I would love to get another boxer but Jason would kill me....and if I was I would get it from this breeder

http://www.rockytopboxers.com/index.html

RocketBoxer

• Best All Rounder - 2009
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • (Leia)
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 03:41:48 PM »
I would love to get another boxer but Jason would kill me....and if I was I would get it from this breeder
Good idea!

I also live in Texas and have never heard of this breeder before (All Star) and definately never seen them at any shows! I don't have a good impression after looking at the website......
Kerry
Mom to Skye, Trigger, Leia and Lizzy
www.rocketboxers.com

Gone But Not Forgotten - Shaka & Star

"A dog's mind is a terrible thing to waste."

BoxerWB

• Administrator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 03:56:06 PM »
I'm also wondering how they can claim that his ear prevented him from having a good showing?  It's my impression that ears (since dogs don't stand on their ears!) were fairly low priority.  Seems like there has to be some other fault or an all over weakness for him to be un-finishable.
Julia
Delta 03/12
Dash 07/06
Shady 07/05

livaliljequist

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 04:01:05 PM »
Some one else that I spoke to said the dog has poor angluation in the rear which is causing him to have a weak topline.

Bruins_Boxer

• Officially Boxer Crazy
    • Bruins Boxers
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 04:01:58 PM »
This dog has some very old kennels in his pedigree .Turo is a older well known kennel . Marquam Hill is also a old well known kennel .

I have also heard of Sirrocco boxers , I have seen some of those dogs at shows when I lived in R.I. .

Yet the dog pictured is not that nice .You would think with a pedigree with all that red in it he would be of much better quality.
I somehow get the feeling that maybe that pedigree is not his ???

I know a dog who finished with one ear having the top 2 inches missing , So blaming not finishing on the ears is an excuse . It could be the bad topline , or the not so nice head .

Missi
Edy - Bruin's Espresso by Stephlyn , CGC    5-2-2006
Remy - Bruin's One Step Closer    7-27-2010

Gone but never forgotten Mocha , Titan , Charlotte .

BoxerWB

• Administrator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 04:08:02 PM »
Well even show dogs produce pet pups!  I noticed Hi Tech in the line and I thought I remembered that Hi Tech wasn't so choosy about breeding rights for their dogs?  It was a while ago so I may be confusing them with another East Coast breeder.
Julia
Delta 03/12
Dash 07/06
Shady 07/05

livaliljequist

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 04:16:02 PM »
Good idea!

I also live in Texas and have never heard of this breeder before (All Star) and definately never seen them at any shows! I don't have a good impression after looking at the website......

Do you like that breeder? ;D  She is SOOOO nice and a founder of Lonestar boxer rescue!  Sil is so nice!

RocketBoxer

• Best All Rounder - 2009
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • (Leia)
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 05:01:34 PM »
Do you like that breeder? ;D  She is SOOOO nice and a founder of Lonestar boxer rescue!  Sil is so nice!
I don't know her very well, but I have seen her at shows and we have corresponded via email and she seems very nice. Definately the type of breeder one would want to get a puppy from. 
Kerry
Mom to Skye, Trigger, Leia and Lizzy
www.rocketboxers.com

Gone But Not Forgotten - Shaka & Star

"A dog's mind is a terrible thing to waste."

BranwenBoxers

• Canine Good Citizen
  • " Branwen's Eastern Sea " Millie
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 06:20:44 PM »
Well even show dogs produce pet pups!  I noticed Hi Tech in the line and I thought I remembered that Hi Tech wasn't so choosy about breeding rights for their dogs?  It was a while ago so I may be confusing them with another East Coast breeder.

You might be thinking of Jacquet boxers ......  there are alot of them out there all over the world .......    http://www.jacquetboxers.com/     .   
Heather
Branwen Boxers
www.BranwenBoxers.com

BranwenBoxers

• Canine Good Citizen
  • " Branwen's Eastern Sea " Millie
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 06:36:08 PM »
There is also a copy of his pedigree....if you know something about it could you let me know about it....Thanks

http://www.freewebs.com/allstarboxers/ambutch.htm

I am not impressed at all ......   His pedigree is impressive. I don't like him at all ...... and it just goes to show you that a pedigree can look Great on paper but that does not mean the litter will turn out .    Or like Bruins boxers said . maybe its not his pedigree .
Heather
Branwen Boxers
www.BranwenBoxers.com