Author Topic: Homemade Frosty Paws  (Read 755 times)

PoseidonsMom

• Socialized
  • The eyes are the window to the soul
Homemade Frosty Paws
« on: June 30, 2007, 12:55:17 PM »
Homemade Frosty Paws:

* 32 oz. vanilla yogurt\
    * 1 mashed banana or one large jar of baby fruit
    * 2 T. peanut butter
    * 2 T. honey

Blend all together and freeze in either 3 ounce paper cups or ice cube trays. Microwave just a few seconds before serving.

For a comparison, here's what's in the store bought Frosty Paws:

Water, dried whey, soy flour, animal fat (preserved with BHA and BHT) dry whey product, dried whey protein concentrate, vegetable fat, soy lecithin, microcrystalline cellulose, mono and diglycerides, carboxmethyl-cellulose, polysorbate 80, polysorbate 60, calcium carbonate, choline chloride, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, manganese sulfate, magnesium oxide, silicon dioxide, vitamin a supplement, vitamin e supplement, niacin supplement, copper sulfate, calcium pantothenate, riboflavin supplement, potassium iodine, thiamine monoitrate, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin B12 supplement, folic acid

Carolyn

• Vet Checked
  • My dogs are not spoiled ... I'm just well trained!
    • Custom Throw Blankets
Re: Homemade Frosty Paws
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 01:21:10 PM »
Thank you Leanne, what a great recipie......I love peanut butter, honey and banana  :)   if you use the fat free vanilla yogurt you can get yourself some treats along with your dogs ;)
Carolyn

Custom Throw Blankets for Boxer Rescue of ABQ
Click Here

Bumpy

• Forum Wise Alec - 2008
  • Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 09:53:24 PM »
 Thanks Leanne, I will use this. Good recipe.
  Shelly CGC 7.13.06 Keanu 5.16.07

Hanna Banana

• Best Topics & Most Thought-Provoking Posts - 2008
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Play Nice!
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 07:05:29 PM »
Thanks Leane  - Sounds good.

I dont buy the frosty paws anymore.   I feed the hoodsie vanilla cups.   They are half the price of the frosty paws and just a cup of vanilla ice cream

However these are much better health wise (your recipe)
Heather  - Mom to Hanna Banana & Kash

Cassies Mom

• Socialized
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 02:14:16 PM »
Leanne Cassie thanks you very much for the receipe.  I made them for her Birthday and she absoutley LOVED them.  The big bully even stole and at Cujo's (who also loves them). 

dogs4jen

• Potty Trained
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 10:25:31 PM »
I've been using plain yogurt and they are both crazy about it.  I haven't tried the vanilla for them, I figure it'd probably be better for them to skip the sugar, and they don't seem to care.
Jen

Missy/Precious mom

• Most Encouraging Member - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 09:51:50 PM »
I am sure going to make these for Precious.  Thanks for the recipe.
Joyce

My Isa Bug

• Potty Trained
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 09:57:37 AM »
Those are the pupsicles I make for Jack and Isa and they both scarf them down.  I also make some with just plain low-fat yogurt and pure pumpkin (equal parts) ~ they love them just as much.

Of course I think they think it's "people" food since it comes out of the freezer, but Isa walks around for the next five or ten minutes smacking her lips after she's had one.

The first time I made them I ended up giving some to a few friends with dogs because I had wayyyyy too many.  They came back with great reviews asking what was in them so they could make their own.
The dog has an enviable mind; it remembers the nice things in life and quickly blots out the nasty. ~ Barbara Woodhouse

r.fuentes

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007, 01:23:53 PM »
Must try . . thanks!  :thumbsup:
RITA-mom to: Sadie, Ty & Powie

Mikeysmom

• Fully Weaned
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 10:23:57 PM »
Wow, that sounds like a awesome recipe, thanks.  I love giving Mikey cold treats when its sooooo hot!!
He is your friend, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.