Author Topic: Advanced Beginners Here we Come...&Rally  (Read 1040 times)

Christen83

• Socialized
Advanced Beginners Here we Come...&Rally
« on: July 25, 2007, 09:00:08 AM »
Last night they gave me the go ahead to enroll Bruce in Advanced Beginners instead of retaking Beginners or taking Manners  :partybanana:

I'm so proud of him.  His healing is really good, he still lags a bit sometimes when walking (like he's not in PERFECT position by an inch or two) but he does the take of and stop just GREAT!  At home I'm trying to practice with fewer treats and use them only as a reward, not as bait, with my left hand pulled into my tummy.  He's doing really well with that at home and it's actually helped get his attention off my hand and on me  ;D
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 09:39:37 AM by Christen83 »

steph0808

• Officially Boxer Crazy
Re: Advanced Beginners Here we Come
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 09:04:24 AM »
That is awesome! Way to go Bruce!
Riley - 9/19/2008

Renee

• Vet Checked
    • vonWaldstadt
Re: Advanced Beginners Here we Come
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 08:16:11 PM »
Last night they gave me the go ahead to enroll Bruce in Advanced Beginners instead of retaking Beginners or taking Manners

Congrats!!  That's great news!

At home I'm trying to practice with fewer treats and use them only as a reward, not as bait, with my left hand pulled into my tummy.

That's great news, too!  It can be a funny transition sometimes, so stick with it ;) 

And if they haven't already mentioned...When my left hand is at my waist, my right arm swings smoothly in sync with my left foot so they go forward and backward together.  It's a perfectly natural thing that can sometimes become perfectly unnatural when your arms are not both swinging freely.

What that does, is helps both of you keep your rythym, and cues the dog to turns, pace changes and halts.

Have fun in advanced! :partybanana:

Christen83

• Socialized
Re: Advanced Beginners Here we Come...&Rally
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 09:39:18 AM »
Well I'm going to add the Rally Beginers to our schedule as well.  And the "boxer lady" at our club has offered to stay after on Wednesday nights to work with us on obedience stuff  :thumbsup:.  So starting in September we're going to have a nice full plate with Advanced Beginners on Tuesday and Rally on Wednesday followed by extra practice.

If all goes really really really well we might be able to get Bruce in a trial in the fall which scares the heck out of me, but I gotta do it sometime  ;D

Missy/Precious mom

• Most Encouraging Member - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 11:54:54 AM »
Yeah for you and Bruce.  Good job.  Good luck :sunny:
Joyce

Hanna Banana

• Best Topics & Most Thought-Provoking Posts - 2008
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Play Nice!