Author Topic: Anyone heard of Boxerville's Boxer's?  (Read 6409 times)

BoxerPerson

• Best Signature Quote - 2008; Most Addicted Member - 2009
  • Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
Re: Anyone heard of Boxerville's Boxer's?
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2010, 09:26:03 AM »
Interesting...but still a BYB at best!
Claire-Mom to Ollie, Zoe, Phoebe, Willie & Snookie

Goofy-Hailey-Nikki-Casey-Tyler-Cynder-Lilli-Daisy-Winnie-Felix-Levi-Ellie-&

Newcastle

• Most Informed Member - 2009
  • Administrator
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • WHEEE!!!!!
    • Newcastle Boxers
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 11:46:55 AM »
We have not judged this breeder on the name, only commented that usually cutsey names are tied in with less-than-responsible breeding practices.

In this particular case, we have another person who purchased a dog from this breeder - a retired brood bitch - who was diagnosed with Aortic Stenosis and Cardiomyopathy. A responsible breeder would have screened their dogs for these conditions before breeding them, and would have not bred a dog that had one of these conditions.

The owner of Boxerville Boxers did contact us a few years ago about the threads here. We offered her the chance to correct any misinformation in the posts with verifiable facts. She could not do so.

It is not only or even mostly about how clean the facility is, it is about the concern for the genetic health and longevity of the puppies produced and the overal wellness of the breed as a whole. A breeder who does not screen their breeding stock for genetic health issues, who breeds dogs that are of colors not possible in the breed, and who does not know or care about the breed standard is not a breeder we support on this site.
Jennifer Walker
Newcastle Boxers, Reg'd
Mind ~ Body ~ Spirit ~ Naturally

Visit the Boxer Crazy Store

hilfigersgirl

• Just Whelped
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2011, 02:07:57 PM »
Okay, I know I am late to the discussion on this; however I felt the need to comment.  In 2005, I purchased a puppy from Boxerville Boxers.  I did go and check out their kennel areas, their home and also got to see a number of their dogs (adult and puppy).  I felt comfortable with them and brought Diva home a few weeks later.  Diva was a gorgeous puppy and very happy.  She was definitly my "alpha" dog between the three that I had.  At the age of two, she was diagnoised with Kidney disease.  The vets felt that it was an auto immune disease and could not say for sure if it was genetic or not.  However, they did say that this type of disease if very rare in a young dog.  I contacted Boxerville Boxers and told them about Diva's diagnoisis, feeling that if there was even the remote possiblity that it was a genetic trait they would want to know.  Also, I wanted to know if anyone else had contacted them with similar problems.  Shirley was adimit that they have NEVER had these types of issues and that ALL their dogs were healthy.  Obviously, one was not.  I did everything that I could for my beautiful girl and the Lord blessed me with three more years with her (average life expectancy for a dog with her disease is 6 months).  Even after telling them about Diva's condition they did not seemed concerned at all with how she was doing or what her outcome was.  This was the first (and will be the last) dog I have ever gotten from a breeder.  I will always be a boxer owner; however my future babies will all be rescues.

BTW, Boxerville Boxers no longer appears on the Breeders.net page (which is where I first learned about them).  Maybe this means they have stopped breeding.

hilfigersgirl

• Just Whelped
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2011, 05:00:32 PM »
BOXERVILLE BOXERS IS KNOW BREEDING UNDER THE NAME #1 BUCKEYE BOXERS!!! 

I am guessing all the negative posts have made them change their name, let people know that these are one in the same!

BoxerPerson

• Best Signature Quote - 2008; Most Addicted Member - 2009
  • Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2011, 06:01:04 PM »
Just because she keeps a clean kennel, etc. does not make this kennel one that is responsible or make the breeder one I would get a pup from.  Does she health test her dogs & bitches before she breeds them? Does she show her pups or temperament test them?  There is so much more to being a responsible breeder than cleaning a kennel, providing shelter or being organized. 
Claire-Mom to Ollie, Zoe, Phoebe, Willie & Snookie

Goofy-Hailey-Nikki-Casey-Tyler-Cynder-Lilli-Daisy-Winnie-Felix-Levi-Ellie-&