• Vet Checked
  • ~Cash Butt~
Wow!
« on: June 06, 2007, 12:48:31 AM »
They sure do have a lot of dogs!!
What does everyone think of this?

http://www.kenonboxers.com/
~Julie~
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world shall know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

PoseidonsMom

• Socialized
  • The eyes are the window to the soul
Re: Wow!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 01:11:05 AM »
Holy crap that's a lot of dogs!  According to their present numbers........16 males, and 16 females.

They've had 3 litters so far just this year, and 2 last year.....and they've got 3 more planned.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 01:12:50 AM by PoseidonsMom »

tbs

• Potty Trained
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 01:29:22 AM »
Yea, those are alot of dogs. There reverse brindles looking very nice IMO! However, the dogs they listed some may be co-owned. May want to inquire for information or go by and visit to see the facilities.

Knox(aka Knucklehead ~ 6.02.07) CGC RN

steph0808

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 08:17:31 AM »
They do have a lot of dogs!  Some of them may be co-owned, but they just list them there anyway.

2 things that came to my attention:
      1. They have a lot of males that are pointed and/or champions, but none of their females are listed as champions.  Not sure if this is just a case of it not being completely up-to-date or what, but it seems strange to me.
      2.  They list their litters by what color the puppies are.  They list a Fawn litter and 2 reverse brindles.  Though the one reverse brindle does have 2 whites in its litter.  I just thought it strange that they would go by color. 

I would probably have to ask them more questions before I decided on them in regards to testing and showing (especially the females listed).  I do like the reverse brindles, but if they are breeding just to get that color pattern, I would be worried.
Riley - 9/19/2008

BoxerWB

• Administrator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 08:53:14 AM »
No mention of health testing, and yes a crapload of dogs, even if some are co-owned.  Not impressed, but perhaps with thorough questioning they would turn out to be ok.  I do think it's odd that none of the girls are CH when so many males are.  Seems like they think girls just have to be good breeders  :confused:
Julia
Delta 03/12
Dash 07/06
Shady 07/05
In my heart: Xena 03/10/03 - 02/16/12

Soleil

• Vet Checked
    • Soleil Boxers Home Page
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 10:36:34 AM »
I believe the majority of ken's dogs are co-owned or just carry his kennel name.  As for health testing, I do not know Ken's program, but I do know friends w/ dogs of his who do health test.  He does always seem to have litters on the ground,  ??? and I do know that a lot of people are drawn to his dogs because of the super reverse brindles he sometimes breeds.  (show and companion people alike.) And I do know he charges a hefty price for them.  Too "gimicky" for me, the black-brindle (granted he's been breeding that for some time now), but that's jmho.   :blank:
*Soleil Boxers*
"Trucker" Lock n Load Armor, BH, ZTP

Forever in our hearts:
Ch.Shelterwoods Femme Fatale,TT (12.17.03-07.28.12 cancer)
Shelterwood's Golden Gloves,RN,CGC (8.13.02-10.31.12 cancer

Ratfingers

• Vet Checked
  • ~Cash Butt~
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 06:49:08 PM »
The reverse brindles are stunning IMO!  It is just scary how many litters he is putting out.
~Julie~
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world shall know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

BranwenBoxers

• Canine Good Citizen
  • " Branwen's Eastern Sea " Millie
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 09:26:05 PM »
I belive they have been around a long long time .  From what I have read on his web site and on another list that I am on , they do co-own alot of dogs . 

Finishing a dog is in my OP alot eaiser to finish then a Bitch .  Atleast around here ....... To get a 5 point major you need 60 bitches , and for a Dog only 42 needs to be there .  Here is the link incase anyone is interested to see that is needed in your Division .

http://www.akc.org/events/conformation/point_schedule.cfm 

So , maybe by the time the bitches are of breedable age , they pull them out of the show world and breed them instead  of finishing  them , but I am  just guessing here .     

I have noticed that they only breed fawn to fawn and Brindle to Brindle which leads me to belive they are trying to keep the Dark brindle truley Dark
Heather
Branwen Boxers
www.BranwenBoxers.com

BoxerPerson

• Best Signature Quote - 2008; Most Addicted Member - 2009
  • Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 07:56:41 AM »
Wowzers!
Claire-Mom to Ollie, Zoe, Phoebe, Willie & Snookie

Goofy-Hailey-Nikki-Casey-Tyler-Cynder-Lilli-Daisy-Winnie-Felix-Levi-Ellie-&

Newcastle

• Most Informed Member - 2009
  • Administrator
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • WHEEE!!!!!
    • Newcastle Boxers
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2007, 08:45:06 AM »
To get a 5 point major you need 60 bitches

Holy crow, Heather!   :eek:  I really thought that was typo - sadly, it's not!   I suppose that's due to the National being in Frederick for so many years, and then the Regional coming back there a few years ago.... I guess I don't feel so bad about our needing 45 bitches for 5 points, now.  (It's such a screwy system, though - we need more dogs/bitches for 3 points than you do, but you need 3 more dogs and 15 more bitches for 5 points.)
Jennifer Walker
Newcastle Boxers, Reg'd
Mind ~ Body ~ Spirit ~ Naturally

Visit the Boxer Crazy Store

BranwenBoxers

• Canine Good Citizen
  • " Branwen's Eastern Sea " Millie
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2007, 12:03:34 PM »
To get a 5 point major you need 60 bitches

Holy crow, Heather!   :eek:  I really thought that was typo - sadly, it's not!   I suppose that's due to the National being in Frederick for so many years, and then the Regional coming back there a few years ago.... I guess I don't feel so bad about our needing 45 bitches for 5 points, now.  (It's such a screwy system, though - we need more dogs/bitches for 3 points than you do, but you need 3 more dogs and 15 more bitches for 5 points.)

I know its so unfair   :brood:    ::)  .  I can see why people send there dogs with Handlers to other parts of the US just to finish  .  IMO it shouldn't be that hard to finish any dog , and I think that they should be the same  amount of dog/bitches need to get a major .  I know about the National being in Frederick , that is the next county over from me , and I still have not gone to watch LOL  ::)    I owner handle so it is really hard .....  I will be sending Conley up to MA in the fall for Jess to show for a few majior shows .  But we will see .......
Heather
Branwen Boxers
www.BranwenBoxers.com

Bers

• Most Underrated Member - 2009
  • Administrator
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • DEADHEAD
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2007, 12:44:07 PM »
Is that the guy who charges like $2000+ for a puppy?
Amber