Author Topic: Dealing with a relapse  (Read 746 times)

steph0808

• Officially Boxer Crazy
Dealing with a relapse
« on: June 05, 2007, 01:42:34 PM »
Since I posted in the "General Health" about Brody peeing in the house - I guess we have come to the conclusion that he is going through a training relapse.

What are the best ways to get over this obstacle.  Do I need to do anything differently than when he was younger - take him out every 30 minutes, and after playing, sleeping, eating, or drinking.

How long will it take to get over the relapse?  I just want to know in case I have diagnosed it wrong and he actually does have a UTI or bladder problem.
Riley - 9/19/2008

BoxerWB

• Administrator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
Re: Dealing with a relapse
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 01:59:34 PM »
How long it takes them to "recover" varies, and how quickly and firmly you deal with it definitely has an effect... I'd go back to the bare basics, and then see how things go. 

Generally UTI means straining to pee, not able to let fly at the drop of a hat  ;) so if he's soaking things, chances are it's just a relapse. 
Julia
Delta 03/12
Dash 07/06
Shady 07/05
In my heart: Xena 03/10/03 - 02/16/12

Bugsys Mom

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • I love you man!!
Re: Dealing with a relapse
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 02:10:37 PM »
When Bugsy had a relapse after he was at the kennel, I bell trained him.  it really helped.  He doesn't ring the bell anymore since he learned how to scratch the hell out of the door like Zeus.  ::)
Vicky