Author Topic: Porridge Oats  (Read 760 times)

linz and ellie

• Officially Boxer Crazy
Porridge Oats
« on: June 02, 2007, 03:30:57 PM »
I posted a while back about Ellie turning her morning feed down. Well i decided to try her on porridge oats, i make it with boiling water (obviously its cooled before i allow her to eat it) and i add a tiny amount of milk, she loves it! Its great because i can go to work happy knowing my baby has eaten and she must be a lot happier.
She is a fusspot honestly, she eats her kibble in the evenings but will not touch it in the morning.  ::)

Hanna Banana

• Best Topics & Most Thought-Provoking Posts - 2008
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Play Nice!
Re: Porridge Oats
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 06:23:55 PM »
I would not make a habbit of feeding her it every morning.

I am no expert but that is 100% carb and you do not want a weight issue down the line.

Have you tried any homecooking or premade raw?  Just thinking of thing to swtch it up a little to add more protein and less carbs.
Heather  - Mom to Hanna Banana & Kash

Ratfingers

• Vet Checked
  • ~Cash Butt~
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 08:32:02 PM »
My dogs aren't big morning eaters either, I just figure that if they were hungry they would eat, so I don't worry about it. Every evening I fix their kibble with add ins and they eat everything in the dish and Cash sometimes eats just kibble later on at night too.

~Julie~
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world shall know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

~CLOWN~

• Socialized
  • ~Miss Molly Brown~
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 09:59:49 PM »
Molly's not a big morning eater, either. She likes to eat later in the day. The vet said she may not have enought bile built up in her belly in the morning, so she doesn't want to eat. As long as she eats well the rest of the day, I don't worry too much about it. She lets me know when she needs more food!
Kathy & Molly Brown 5/16/06

Bers

• Most Underrated Member - 2009
  • Administrator
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • DEADHEAD
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 09:10:15 AM »
I know you want her to eat, but adding more grains to her diet is not really a good idea. They get way too much grain already from their kibble. Try adding some boiled chicken and veggies instead, something with protein and vitamins. More grains are the last thing she needs.
Amber

linz and ellie

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 12:14:20 PM »
Thanks for the advice guys, i tried her with scrambled egg this morning and she ate that too.