Author Topic: Stop puppy mills.com  (Read 1011 times)

Hulk

• Moved On
  • Moved On
  • Kiss me Hulk or I won't let you up!!
Stop puppy mills.com
« on: May 24, 2007, 05:44:54 AM »
http://stoppuppymills.org/takeaction.html

Ran across this the other day, just wanted to share
Our days our long we eat, sleep, wrestle, sleep and do all over.
Hulk and Storm

vroom

• Canine Good Citizen
Re: Stop puppy mills.com
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 09:16:16 AM »
great site! thanks for posting!
Dogs:  Bronco Valentine and Stella Moon
Cats:  Maximus MooMoo and Jack of Hearts
Forever missing Butterscotch - 11/4/95 - 7/08/09

Bugsys Mom

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • I love you man!!
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 09:33:47 AM »
Great site.  I didn't browse it too much because I can't stomach those pics.
Vicky

mysticboxers

• Fully Weaned
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 09:41:45 AM »
awesome site

linz and ellie

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 09:54:55 AM »
 :thumbsup:

Newcastle

• Most Informed Member - 2009
  • Administrator
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • WHEEE!!!!!
    • Newcastle Boxers
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 10:53:18 AM »
Hmmm....this a Humane Society of the United States site - an organization whose ultimate goal is the end of pet ownership.  (As stated by the president of HSUS, Wayne Pacelle - "We have no problems with the extinction of domestic animals.")  It's also full of misleading information, like this, referring to the PAWS bill of last year:

Scare tactics are also used by the pet industry to frighten small breeders into thinking the federal government will soon be in their living rooms looking at their dogs. While obviously ridiculous, this strategy has helped the industry's commercial kennels evade even minimal improvements in animal care.

Anyone who can read could easily see that the PAWS legislation would, in fact, have affected a number of small breeders (especially cat breeders) and rescue organizations, and that it did have a provision which allowed inspections of any breeder, at any time.  Far from scare tactics, these are simple truths.  As well, commercial kennels are already subject to the animal care standards of the Animal Welfare Act (which were the standards used in the PAWS bill), so it would have had no effect on their animal care practices.

(Sorry, bit of a rant there, but it does illustrate the insidiousness of this organization.)

There is some good information on that site about (surprisingly) buying a puppy from a responsible breeder, but if you're going to donate money I'd give it to www.nopuppymills.com rather than to an organization that wants to take away your right to have any dogs at all.
Jennifer Walker
Newcastle Boxers, Reg'd
Mind ~ Body ~ Spirit ~ Naturally

Visit the Boxer Crazy Store

Hulk

• Moved On
  • Moved On
  • Kiss me Hulk or I won't let you up!!
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 07:07:18 PM »
yeah, there are a couple I ran across just posted that one....I want to do one of my own specifically for Boxers so been researching this stuff....Of coarse, I would need some help from your expertise...if you were willing to share your info  ;)

We are doing shirts(stop puppy mills) I will post the link when they are finished...The proceeds go to Boxer rescue organizations. Hopefully they will do well enough that I can donate to multiple rescues...Still working out all the details though, it is a process  :o
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 11:13:04 PM by Hulk »
Our days our long we eat, sleep, wrestle, sleep and do all over.
Hulk and Storm