Author Topic: Soiling the crate (updated AGAIN)  (Read 2040 times)

Hobo

• Potty Trained
    • Hobo's Hearsay
Re: Soiling the crate (updated)
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2007, 01:38:49 PM »
Could you put her in there during the day while you are still in the house just in other areas?  Kind of like you do at night, but maybe sneak out for 5 minutes in the garden then come back and check on her.  Then maybe go for 10 minutes.  Slowly increase the time, of course this may not work when you have to go to work and be gone for longer periods of time.  

linz and ellie

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2007, 01:43:15 PM »
I think it is seperation anxiety and i will have to go back to the beginning with her.
Like you say Hobo i am going to have to put her in there more during the time we are at home and nip out for 5mins and increase the time. I know not to make any fuss when i leave but i have read that upon returning praise your dog and reward them with a treat and i have also read to ignore them when you return for the first 5mins, which do i do?

whitepupzoe

• Most Supportive & Friendliest Member - 2008
  • Global Moderator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2007, 01:51:57 PM »
Kristin ~ Mom to Abby & George

Always In My Heart ~ Angels Zoe & Ariel

Hobo

• Potty Trained
    • Hobo's Hearsay
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2007, 02:02:09 PM »
I usually remain calm and make Hobo come out calmly, partially because of the wood floors.  Once we hit the carpeted area though he is allowed to get excited.

linz and ellie

• Officially Boxer Crazy
Re: Soiling the crate (updated AGAIN)
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2007, 09:34:35 AM »
Since i last posted i have been washing Ellies pen down with vinegar and hot water every time she has an accident, i removed all newspaper and placed her bed right in the middle so she has less space and the past 3 days she has only weed twice, so keep your fingers crossed for me that it was just a phase and my rearrangements have made a difference.  :)

Bers

• Most Underrated Member - 2009
  • Administrator
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • DEADHEAD
Re: Soiling the crate (updated AGAIN)
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2007, 11:05:22 AM »
Good, I'm glad it's good news and hope it keeps up that way! :2thumbsup:
Amber