Author Topic: Sleeping through the night, but peeing during the day  (Read 1153 times)

gsweeti119

• Weanling
Sleeping through the night, but peeing during the day
« on: July 28, 2015, 05:46:17 PM »
HELP! I have a 10 week old puppy that does awesome through the night. she has actually held it up to 8 hours at night and does not wake up to go outside. (She is not in a crate at night) When we are home she uses a bell to let us know when she needs to go out and has not had any recent accidents in the house. But when we go to work it is a different story. My husband starts work at 8:30 and comes home at lunch, and then I am home from work around 3:30. She has been having accidents in her crate both in the morning and at afternoon. I have tried everything I can think of. It is a bigger crate so we have tried not sectioning it off, and we tried sectioning it off. We tried putting toys in her crate, we tried both with a blanket and without a blanket. I even cloroxed the entire crate to get the smell of the urine out and she still went pee the next morning. Does anyone have any suggestions????
Gwen

LOVEBUG

• Potty Trained
Re: Sleeping through the night, but peeing during the day
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 08:22:41 PM »
Since she is good when you are at home, my guess is separation anxiety is causing the accidents when you are at work. Since she has proven that she can hold it, I would keep the crate sectioned off leaving her area small, as she will not want to lay in the mess. She is still a baby, and I think as she matures, and learns the routine, the problem will resolve itself. Good luck!

Cindy: Mom to Porsha, & Tyson.
          Chowder 4/2000 - 9/7/2013