Author Topic: Prayers for Georgia  (Read 2764 times)

CanisMajor

• Just Whelped
Prayers for Georgia
« on: October 13, 2014, 07:31:16 PM »
Just over a week ago, folks in the agility world - and Boxer lovers everywhere - learned that CherKei's Too Hot To Handle ("Georgia") had been diagnosed with metastasized hemangioscarcoma.   :sad3:  For those not familiar with her story, Georgia is the youngest Boxer in history to earn her MACH I title (when she was only 3).  Just last month, shortly after her 6th birthday and her first chemo treatment, Georgia won her MACH 9 title.  When I heard about Georgia's diagnosis, it absolutely broke my heart. 

I've never had the privilege of seeing Georgia perform "in person," and I don't personally know her family; but the YouTube videos of Georgia & Todd's performances in the agility ring have made me smile, brought me joy, and also brought me to tears.  When I heard that Georgia's family has started a fundraiser through ABCF (American Boxer Charitable Foundation), and that all donations made in Georgia's name will go directly to fund canine cancer research, I went online and made my donation.  I did it for Georgia, and for all dogs and their owners, because cancer doesn't care what breed your dog is.  It just comes along and takes your dog from you far too soon.

I hope this is the proper place on the Forum to post this thread, since Georgia is such an a well-known and much loved figure in Agility.  And I don't want to take a chance on breaking any of the Forum's rules, so I won't include any direct links in this post for ABCF (for anyone else who wants to make a donation, the links are easy enough to find).  It's just that ever since I heard the news, I've had "Georgia on my mind," and it was on my heart to share this with everyone here.  So I thank you for reading this.  Now, I must go hug and love on my 3 Boxer girls - a LOT  :smitten: - and see if they will make just a little room for ME in my King-sized bed!   

Much love and sloppy Boxer kisses to all of you from my girls, Pearl, LuLu and Krystal  :heartsmile: :heartsmile: :heartsmile:

BoxerWB

• Administrator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
Re: Prayers for Georgia
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 10:20:42 PM »
Todd and Georgia were actually part of the "competition" for Xena and I in the Novice A ring at 2010 Nationals. Xena got one leg towards her title, Georgia got the Forever Young Award.  :laugh4: If you haven't seen the performance, here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgrWjXXhrZs

Her MACH9 is another Boxer record, she earned MACH7 at this year's Nationals. She's the only progeny of the infamous Monroe as well. A truly one in a million dog.

I am so very sad to know that she and Xena are sharing this horrible disease as well. It is a heartbreaker.  :'(
Julia
Delta 03/12
Dash 07/06
Shady 07/05
In my heart: Xena 03/10/03 - 02/16/12

whitepupzoe

• Most Supportive & Friendliest Member - 2008
  • Global Moderator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
Re: Prayers for Georgia
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 10:25:52 AM »
How sad.  :thumbsdown: