Author Topic: Delta, TealCrest's Down and Dirty CGC - now BH!  (Read 2928 times)

BoxerWB

• Administrator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
Delta, TealCrest's Down and Dirty CGC - now BH!
« on: September 21, 2014, 06:42:12 PM »
This weekend, Delta and I went to the USABOX IPO Championship to participate in our first-ever IPO show. The entry level title is BH, which consists of a written exam (if you are a first-timer), an obedience phase, and a "traffic" test for temperament. As I was reminded many times, the focus is on assessing that the dog has a sound temperament and a willingness to work.  Which is a good thing because we were not ready for "precision obedience" to be a requirement.  :laugh4:

I was nearly as nervous about the written exam as I was about the obedience - the exam covered the regulations and there are a lot of rules! The traffic portion wasn't a worry after I was told that friendly rude behavior was 100% allowed so jumping on people for kisses wasn't going to be frowned on.

Delta was definitely the entertainment of the group. We were paired up with Jill and Strummer (who did a GREAT job) because each team has to do a long down while the other team is working. The judge gives a critique with exercise ratings when you've finished the obedience. The only two I remember are the long down (very good) and the recall (excellent).  Everything else was somewhere in the middle, except for the off leash heeling. That's where her being the entertainment came into play.  ::)  He complimented my recall - not just the exercise, but the half dozen or so times I had to use it during our heeling.  :smash:

There was a photographer there getting shots of everyone and she got two photos that I love.

First, my girl making me smile during the fast heeling portion. Her expression here should give you a hint at what is coming when the leash comes off:

Second, the end of the recall. She came so quickly, she slammed right into my legs.

Here she is sporting her medal after the show, staring off camera at Jill who was playing a "cat piano" app on her phone to get Delta's attention.  :)

I'm really enjoying this girl, she makes me smile even when she's naughty. It's going to be a challenge to get more precision from her - I have to find a way to "cap" her drive and enthusiasm so that it is working in my favor. But it is a fun challenge.
Julia
Delta 03/12
Dash 07/06
Shady 07/05
In my heart: Xena 03/10/03 - 02/16/12

Christina

• Socialized
Re: Delta, TealCrest's Down and Dirty CGC - now BH!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 11:30:56 PM »
Congratulations! Great pictures!
Christina
Little Ann 2/14/96-4/6/10
Boomer 1996- 4/25/14
Lucky 4/24/04-8/27/14

Missy/Precious mom

• Most Encouraging Member - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 10:08:59 AM »
Congratulations and great pictures.  They do keep us on our toes.  You definitely have to learn to just have fun.  I am just now learning this.  What will be will be just enjoy it.
Joyce

Eilene

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 03:04:28 PM »
 :thumbsup: Congrats
Eilene
Nala, Luna
Forever in my heart Amber,Bailey,Chicklet,Tequila

Theresa

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • "No Pressure, no diamonds"-Mary Case
    • Getting Evan
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 06:18:51 PM »
Congrats
Mom to:
Beasley (flashy fawn male) born 11/15/2005
Peanut (classic brindle female) born 2/15/2009
Evan (two legged brunette male) born 4/20/2011

whitepupzoe

• Most Supportive & Friendliest Member - 2008
  • Global Moderator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 09:39:38 AM »
Congrats! I just love her!
Kristin ~ Mom to Abby & George

Always In My Heart ~ Angels Zoe & Ariel

Bruins_Boxer

• Officially Boxer Crazy
    • Bruins Boxers
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 06:22:08 PM »
Woo-Hoo , congrats!!
Missi
Edy - Bruin's Espresso by Stephlyn , CGC    5-2-2006
Remy - Bruin's One Step Closer    7-27-2010

Gone but never forgotten Mocha , Titan , Charlotte .