Author Topic: Annual vet visit  (Read 1647 times)

Bruins_Boxer

• Officially Boxer Crazy
    • Bruins Boxers
Annual vet visit
« on: July 07, 2014, 01:34:23 PM »
Took the dogs to the vet so we could get our annual titers and Kc vaccine for boarding .

Remy weighs in at 66 pounds . His lymes bloodwork cam back good again .  :thumbsup: The big goober kept trying to lick the vets face as she was checking him out .

Edy now weighs in at 45 , which is down for her . Over the last 2 years she has begun losing about 5 lbs each year . Her senior blood panel came back all good ...... well except that she now tested positive for lymes . So a c6 panel run and a month of meds for her .  :wall:

Missi
Edy - Bruin's Espresso by Stephlyn , CGC    5-2-2006
Remy - Bruin's One Step Closer    7-27-2010

Gone but never forgotten Mocha , Titan , Charlotte .

whitepupzoe

• Most Supportive & Friendliest Member - 2008
  • Global Moderator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
Re: Annual vet visit
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 04:19:30 PM »
How old is she now? Is the weight loss due to the lymes?? Poor thing.  :(

Remy sounds like George, he always sneaks in a lick when the vet isn't watching.  :P
Kristin ~ Mom to Abby & George

Always In My Heart ~ Angels Zoe & Ariel

BoxerWB

• Administrator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 06:05:48 PM »
Glad to hear it was mostly good. Hopefully the C6 Assay is a low value.  :fingerscrossed:

Does Edie look thin at 45?
Julia
Delta 03/12
Dash 07/06
Shady 07/05
In my heart: Xena 03/10/03 - 02/16/12

Bruins_Boxer

• Officially Boxer Crazy
    • Bruins Boxers
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 09:28:39 PM »
She does not look thin , but I can notice that she is loosing some muscle mass .

Edy just turned 8 this past May .
Missi

Christina

• Socialized
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 11:45:27 AM »
I don't want to scare you, just putting this out there, gradual weight loss with perfect blood work sounds a lot like what had been going on with both Lucky and Boomer prior to finding their masses. Both looked like loss of muscle mass, I thought part of the aging process. The only symptom either one later developed was an occasional cough. Given the prevalence of cancer in our beloved breed, an abdominal or chest xray may not hurt, just to make sure there's nothing in there.
Christina
Little Ann 2/14/96-4/6/10
Boomer 1996- 4/25/14
Lucky 4/24/04-8/27/14

Bruins_Boxer

• Officially Boxer Crazy
    • Bruins Boxers
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 02:02:26 PM »
My old boy Titan( who died at almost 13) was losing muscle mass and weight even after clear blood panels the vets said they could find nothing wrong . He did have congestive heart failure along with ARVC but neither ever caused him any problems .
In the end we believe it was cancer ( even though he had clear blood work and no masses found)that led to his rapid decline and we let him go.

Edy is also at risk for DM , and a few very closely related dogs have passed from it. So we are watching for any signs of that . The vet said if we see any other issues pop up then we will do a series of x-rays to see if there is anything else . But at this point we are just going to wait it out .
Missi