Author Topic: Neuter Time  (Read 2665 times)

Rubidawg

• Best Story Teller - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
    • HeathDawgs
Neuter Time
« on: December 03, 2013, 10:24:03 AM »
UGH! Why is it that something as simple as a neuter puts us all into "crazy-mode" and "over-worry" mode? I'm scheduling Bauer's neuter for the 20th. I'm off that day and the following week and figured I can be home to spoil the crap out of him afterwards. But geesh....it's been 8 years since I've been through this process and back then, I didn't know any better. I just let Banfield take Rubi at 5 or 6 months old and yank her insides out. Granted, I worried, but nothing like I am now. Now, I'm all paranoid, wanting every pre-op test done possible, lol, and am *this close* to asking the vets if I can be there for the surgery. (ok, I'm not *that* crazy, but the thought did pass my mind, lol)

I know...I'm being stupid...but geesh, the things we put ourselves through for their own well being. Gosh darnit these dogs for stealing our hearts and making us lose our minds, all at the same time. Lil thieves!  :laugh4:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 10:49:34 AM by Rubidawg »
Dawn
Rubi, CGC - 2.16.05
Bauer - Rocket's Kindred Spirit RN CGC - 4.16.12
Ms. Kitty - 3.15.02
Forever In My Heart: Grady, Branwen's Northern Sky BN RA CGC - 12.22.07 - 5.25.12

Eilene

• Officially Boxer Crazy
Re: Neuter Time
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 10:39:16 AM »
He will be fine..
Eilene
Nala, Luna
Forever in my heart Amber,Bailey,Chicklet,Tequila

Bumpy

• Forum Wise Alec - 2008
  • Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 06:33:12 PM »
No worries. And a lampshade comedy to follow.

P.s...... I read recently you can get prosthetic nutz. LOL....... For that in your face boxer look without the concerns of real nutz.  :laugh4:
  Shelly CGC 7.13.06 Keanu 5.16.07

steph0808

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 08:02:20 AM »
My boys were barely affected by the neuter - getting in the car afterwards wasn't fun, and they slept the rest of the day after the surgery, but the next day they were fine.

Now Annie's spay was harder, but she is a sissy beagle and I wish they had given me pain meds for her because she is a gigantic wimp. :P  She was also older when she was spayed - right around 2.
Riley - 9/19/2008

Missy/Precious mom

• Most Encouraging Member - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 10:20:59 AM »
He will be find. Hugs.
Joyce

BoxerWB

• Administrator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 10:04:46 PM »
Sometimes being an aware and responsible owner is exhausting. I am sure everything will go well. :yes:
Julia
Delta 03/12
Dash 07/06
Shady 07/05
In my heart: Xena 03/10/03 - 02/16/12

Theresa

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • "No Pressure, no diamonds"-Mary Case
    • Getting Evan
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 06:24:34 AM »
He'll be fine. Pnut's spay was easy peasy. She was groggy all day and then we were super careful with her for a week because she seemed in a bit of pain. After about a week she was back to her old self.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mom to:
Beasley (flashy fawn male) born 11/15/2005
Peanut (classic brindle female) born 2/15/2009
Evan (two legged brunette male) born 4/20/2011

LOVEBUG

• Potty Trained
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 10:47:05 AM »
Sometimes being an aware and responsible owner is exhausting. I am sure everything will go well. :yes:

Having had a tragic loss in the past, gives us more cause for worry. I am sure Bauer will be just fine! Tyson was neutered at 15 months. He was sore afterwards, and slept all day, but bounced back quickly.

I don't think it's crazy if you ask to view the surgery! When Chowder went in for his surgery, the vets allowed me to watch, (as long as I wasn't about to faint on them!) I was so much better off watching, then had I gone home to worry about what was happening!

Cindy: Mom to Porsha, & Tyson.
          Chowder 4/2000 - 9/7/2013

Rubidawg

• Best Story Teller - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
    • HeathDawgs
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 12:45:21 PM »
Part of my worry is that he's crypto. So the surgery is a bit more invasive than a normal neuter. And, like I said, I know there's nothing to worry about - I trust he's in good hands and having talked to the vets, they've said it will be easy....but, I'm still a worry-wart. LOL I tell him when he's bad that I'll dig em out myself with a spoon, so this is definitely a better alternative for him. ;D But, then I think of the other things...how will I get him in and out of the truck with it being a bit deeper of a procedure. How the heck am I gonna get him to CALM DOWN???? - have ya'll SEEN what he does to me on a daily basis? LMAO! He's gonna need drugs....I'm gonna need drugs....we'll all be a hot mess. I have actually played around with the softcone so that he is somewhat used to it. I can just see the little monkey after the 2nd day, running around, twisting and turning, flopping around to get that thing off.

It's scheduled for Dec 23rd.....Merry Christmas, Bauer! HaHa

http://youtu.be/H5fdzIqoZXs
One of my friends joked and said I should have them bronzed....I think this is the perfect solution instead. I need to get my tree up anyway. ;)
Dawn
Rubi, CGC - 2.16.05
Bauer - Rocket's Kindred Spirit RN CGC - 4.16.12
Ms. Kitty - 3.15.02
Forever In My Heart: Grady, Branwen's Northern Sky BN RA CGC - 12.22.07 - 5.25.12