Author Topic: Appointment made  (Read 2702 times)

3BOXERS

• Canine Good Citizen
Re: Appointment made
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2013, 01:52:24 PM »
I was a mess when I turned him over. I just wanted to ball.  :bigcry: He did well. The knee seems really stable. The vet did call me after they did x-rays. I was not expecting that. I figured that I would hear from her in the afternoon after his surgery. Scared the crap out of me. Thought something had happened. I did call a couple of times and talk to his vet tech. They give them thier own when they are in ICU. She said he was being a good boy and was doing ok. He gets to go home tonight after work. It was so strange not to have him at home last night. Can't wait to get him home.

Missy/Precious mom

• Most Encouraging Member - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2013, 01:55:57 PM »
Glad all went well.  Give him a gentle hug tonight :thumbsup:
Joyce

Theresa

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • "No Pressure, no diamonds"-Mary Case
    • Getting Evan
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2013, 08:45:09 PM »
Glad to hear he is doing well
Mom to:
Beasley (flashy fawn male) born 11/15/2005
Peanut (classic brindle female) born 2/15/2009
Evan (two legged brunette male) born 4/20/2011

3BOXERS

• Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2013, 10:43:51 PM »
Made it home from the vet. He is really stressed out right now. He has already pulled the cone off once and he has been very restless. I am hoping he has not done any damage to him self. I have giving him his meds and hoping he will settle down some.

Rubidawg

• Best Story Teller - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
    • HeathDawgs
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2013, 10:46:26 PM »
Oh no!!! Hopefully the meds will help settle him down a bit. I know they must get so confused when they wake up and things are all outta wack. Glad surgery went well, I hope the rest of his healing process is quick and easy.
Dawn
Rubi, CGC - 2.16.05
Bauer - Rocket's Kindred Spirit RN CGC - 4.16.12
Ms. Kitty - 3.15.02
Forever In My Heart: Grady, Branwen's Northern Sky BN RA CGC - 12.22.07 - 5.25.12

RocketBoxer

• Best All Rounder - 2009
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • (Leia)
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2013, 09:17:44 AM »
I hope it wasn't too rough last night. Is he doing better today?
Kerry
Mom to Skye, Trigger, Leia and Lizzy
www.rocketboxers.com

Gone But Not Forgotten - Shaka & Star

"A dog's mind is a terrible thing to waste."

3BOXERS

• Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2013, 02:15:20 PM »
He was better this morning. Still a little to wrestless for my taste. I think that changing from the hard cone to the blowup tire helped some. Not sure I am going to survive this next 8 weeks. I am so worried that all the moving around is going to screw up his repair.

whitepupzoe

• Most Supportive & Friendliest Member - 2008
  • Global Moderator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2013, 02:20:19 PM »
Glad to hear he is better this morning. I remember when we brought Abby home from shoulder surgery, we were nervous wrecks that she would hurt it again. We made it through...I don't know how but we did.

Is he on any pain meds? I know they made Abby extremely restless and nervous.
Kristin ~ Mom to Abby & George

Always In My Heart ~ Angels Zoe & Ariel

Christina

• Socialized
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2013, 02:50:28 PM »
 The TPLO is a really strong repair.  Star actually jumped a four foot x-pen  three days post op, he healed fine by his eight week x-ray. I was a nervous wreck though, so I know how you feel.  Does he have a fentanyl  patch?  They can cause them to be really restless, it was horrible for Star, we skipped that for his second surgery and removed it early for the first. 
Christina
Little Ann 2/14/96-4/6/10
Boomer 1996- 4/25/14
Lucky 4/24/04-8/27/14

3BOXERS

• Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2013, 06:58:55 PM »
Intresting about the fentanyl patch. It came off yeasterday. I have not seen to much change in his behavior.
He dose not like the cast they put on him . I think it is starting to rub. It is supose to come off today. They wanted it to stay on for aleast 7 days. I am still freaked out that he is going to mess up the repair. This whole expirance has been super stressful. It makes me want to drop him off for 8 weeks at the vet.