Author Topic: When You're Away....  (Read 4643 times)

Rubidawg

• Best Story Teller - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
    • HeathDawgs
When You're Away....
« on: February 23, 2013, 01:16:37 PM »
I've been gone on business this whole week and it's been the longest time I've been away from Bauer. So, I was curious how he'd manage with 5 days and no mama....let alone worry that Shawn would actually make it as well. lol

Shawn said he did well. Rubi was sleepless the first night, up and barking every few minutes. Bauer kept running to the window and the garage door, hoping I'd soon come home. When the pups were playing too roughly and wouldn't listen to Shawn to calm down, he'd chirp the alarm on the car and both would stop right away and run to the door, waiting for me to come through. (poor dogs, being tortured by Shawn while I'm gone, lol)

But, it's funny how Bauer ate so well while I was gone. Usually, Bauer has ADD when I feed him. Stops in the middle to go play, look for birds in the yard, tackle Rubi, whatever. So, he eats pretty inconsistently. But, while I was gone, Shawn said he ate 3 meals a day without stopping.

Fed him this morning.....he ate half his breakfast then came to snuggle in bed with me. ::)

He also wouldn't play with his annoying purple cuz while I was gone. Only played with his green kong squeeky ball. When I'm home....he can't be awake without having that stupid purple cuz in his mouth, sqwaking it non-stop. But, nooooo....when I'm gone, he plays with the green, slightly less annoying one.

He's had that purple cuz in his mouth ever since I walked in the door. :brood:

So funny how the little things you notice when you're away. Apparently, he ate so well while I was gone, that he's gained 2lbs! Had him to the vet this morning for some green gunk coming out of his nose, and was shocked when they said he was 48.2lbs.

Good thing I'm back out tomorrow for another 4 days. Maybe I'll come home and he'll be ovr 50lbs and the purple cuz will finally be a thing of the past. :fingerscrossed:
Dawn
Rubi, CGC - 2.16.05
Bauer - Rocket's Kindred Spirit RN CGC - 4.16.12
Ms. Kitty - 3.15.02
Forever In My Heart: Grady, Branwen's Northern Sky BN RA CGC - 12.22.07 - 5.25.12

Theresa

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • "No Pressure, no diamonds"-Mary Case
    • Getting Evan
Re: When You're Away....
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 02:09:57 PM »
Lol.
Mom to:
Beasley (flashy fawn male) born 11/15/2005
Peanut (classic brindle female) born 2/15/2009
Evan (two legged brunette male) born 4/20/2011

RocketBoxer

• Best All Rounder - 2009
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • (Leia)
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 08:37:36 PM »
LOL! Well Leia is hot on Bauer's heels - she weighs 47.5lbs as of today. But probably only because I have brought out the big guns and she is getting satin balls in addition to 3 meals a day.......I just got tired of her looking like a starving refugee, and she has another show coming up.
Kerry
Mom to Skye, Trigger, Leia and Lizzy
www.rocketboxers.com

Gone But Not Forgotten - Shaka & Star

"A dog's mind is a terrible thing to waste."

3BOXERS

• Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 06:10:07 PM »
LOl!