Author Topic: What's Everyone Feeding?  (Read 11656 times)

whitepupzoe

• Most Supportive & Friendliest Member - 2008
  • Global Moderator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
What's Everyone Feeding?
« on: February 16, 2013, 01:25:57 PM »
Thinking of trying something new for my two...what is everyone feeding right now?  Mine have been on Natural Balance.
Kristin ~ Mom to Abby & George

Always In My Heart ~ Angels Zoe & Ariel

Rubidawg

• Best Story Teller - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
    • HeathDawgs
Re: What's Everyone Feeding?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 02:10:06 PM »
I've recently switched from NB to Acana. We were feeding NB LID Salmon formula because of Grady's allergy issues and figured Bauer and Rubi could be on something a bit better. I really like the ingredients in Orijen and Acana (made by the same co), but Acana is way cheaper, albeit still expensive. I actually order it online at Mrchewy.com because the places around here typically only carry for autoship orders or keep smaller bags in stock and run out very quickly. So, I haven't been able to find a source nearby that kept it concistently and Mr Chewy gets em here within 2 or 3 days. (they ship from PA)

Since I've swithced, they both have done well. Bauer was gettin some GIANT eye boogies on NB, would wake up with awful boogs in his eyes and that's going away. His coat is looking healthier and Rubi is doing very well with it too.
Dawn
Rubi, CGC - 2.16.05
Bauer - Rocket's Kindred Spirit RN CGC - 4.16.12
Ms. Kitty - 3.15.02
Forever In My Heart: Grady, Branwen's Northern Sky BN RA CGC - 12.22.07 - 5.25.12

whitepupzoe

• Global Moderator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 02:28:32 PM »
I will have to price it at my local place and see what it cost. What protein do you feed?

Rubidawg

• Best Story Teller - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
    • HeathDawgs
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 02:36:02 PM »
Still feeding Salmon/fish (Pacifica), but may eventually try out the chicken and prairie formulas.
Dawn
Rubi, CGC - 2.16.05
Bauer - Rocket's Kindred Spirit RN CGC - 4.16.12
Ms. Kitty - 3.15.02
Forever In My Heart: Grady, Branwen's Northern Sky BN RA CGC - 12.22.07 - 5.25.12

Theresa

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • "No Pressure, no diamonds"-Mary Case
    • Getting Evan
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 04:59:01 PM »
Beas is on Natural balance LID and I plan on switching Pnut over soon. It's more expensive then the canidae but they have a loyalty program where you get a free bag after 10 bags
Mom to:
Beasley (flashy fawn male) born 11/15/2005
Peanut (classic brindle female) born 2/15/2009
Evan (two legged brunette male) born 4/20/2011

Randi

• Potty Trained
    • FACEBOOK
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 06:13:29 PM »
We're still on TOTW Pacific Stream. Although I'm thinking about changing with the recall mess since Diamond took over production. It's never affected the bags in our area, but still makes me worry.
MOMMY TO:
TANK THE BOXER
KEIRA THE COCKER SPANIEL
ALEC AND ANYA THE SKIN KIDS :)

LOVEBUG

• Potty Trained
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 10:45:01 AM »
I've been feeding Earthborn Holistic Primitive Natural for awhile now. The dogs love it, but then I swear, they'd eat anything I put in front of them! ::) It's one of the brands listed on the five star, Dog Food Advisor.  www.dogfoodadvisor.com. 

I am going to switch to one of their other formula's, that doesn't contain potatoes, as I have read that yeast feeds on starchy foods, and Porsha is having major yeast issues with her feet.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 11:01:21 AM by LOVEBUG »

Cindy: Mom to Porsha, & Tyson.
          Chowder 4/2000 - 9/7/2013

Patti

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 12:44:17 PM »
Merrick's Before Grain, we rotate proteins.
Patti & Otis (8/18/2006)

AandWBoxers

• Potty Trained
  • One of those days!
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 05:48:54 PM »
I've been feeding my pups Fromm Family Four-Star kibble for several years now. 

Our vet has compliments on how healthy they all look - except that Mocha should gain a little more weight. 

I alternate between their chicken, pork and duck formulas and add their canned pate' to each serving. 

With the exception of Mocha, they all love their food!   :smitten: 

Wendy
Mocha, CGC 4/26/04  :sombrero:    Mugs 9/27/08  :devilish:    Axel 7/21/10  :puppy:
Max, CGC, TP 5/3/03 - 8/27/09  :angel:

TLC Mom

• Most Involved with Boxer Rescue - 2009
  • Socialized
  • Try to get it out of my mouth, I dare ya!!
    • Almost Home Az Boxer Rescue
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 08:48:13 PM »
Porter is on Canidae ALS and the girls on on Natures Domain Grain Free Salmon & Sweet Potato. I switched the girls over from Canidae Grain Free pureSEA which was getting pricey. Costco is carrying Natures Domain which is $20 cheaper a bag and 4 stars from dog food advisor.  I don't dare mess with Porter's food, his system doesn't enjoy change.
Vicki ~ Mom to Lucy/Chloe/Pippen/Tillman
Forever ♥: Taylor - 2/93-3/09
                  Porter - 11/09-5/13

Boxermom,K

• Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 06:01:57 PM »
I feed Viktor & Laila TOTW- we rotate between the High Prairie and Pacific Stream formulas and they also get home cooked or raw every so often.

We're still on TOTW Pacific Stream. Although I'm thinking about changing with the recall mess since Diamond took over production. It's never affected the bags in our area, but still makes me worry.

I worry a bit too, but there have been so many recalls over the past few years affecting so many different brands that for kibble I'm going to just stick with what they do well on. I used to feed Nutro Natural Choice (I fed that for years) and the main reason I switched off of that is because Laila doesn't do well with grains.

Bubba 12/30/00 - 10/29/07
Kristi
Mom to Laila CGC- 9 year old fawn, Viktor CGC, TDI- 7 year old heeler mix

ltournat

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 10:46:47 AM »
Felix has been on the NB Sweet Potato & Fish for quite awhile now.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
________
~Lisa, mom to Felix~

LOVEBUG

• Potty Trained
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 11:48:01 AM »
After some research, I found a brand that I am going to try. It is Nutrisca, Chicken and Chickpea. It is grain free, with no potato or tapioca! I am really hopeful that this will help with Porsha's yeast issues. It is reasonably priced, only six dollars more than I was paying for the Earthborn.

Cindy: Mom to Porsha, & Tyson.
          Chowder 4/2000 - 9/7/2013

whitepupzoe

• Global Moderator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2013, 02:18:17 PM »
The only reason I want to switch is because George gets bored with his food and won't eat. Abby will eat anything you put in front of her. LOL  So I would like to give him a little variety so I don't have to "force" him to eat every day.  ::)