Author Topic: Reverting back to stupidness!  (Read 1956 times)

Christina

• Socialized
Reverting back to stupidness!
« on: December 26, 2012, 03:23:11 PM »
All of the dogs have had free run of the house for several months now, and done quite well up until about a month ago. I went to a friend's house for the weekend of Thanksgiving, the petsitter called me and said that the dogs had eaten two entire boxes of cookies and shredded the boxes. The culprits were Star and Lucky, their tummy troubles gave them away.

They were ok for a week or so, then they pulled a pan off the stove.  In the last two weeks, they've eaten an entire can of mixed nuts, a dozen bird seed eggs, 6 oatmeal raisin cookies, another box of dog treats, and pulled countless other things down.  These things are far back on the counters, so it's taking quite a bit of effort on their part. I'm pretty sure it's Star pulling the stuff down, Lucky just partakes in the bounty once it's on the floor.

The things they've eaten have caused me to worry, the nuts can be toxic, now they've eaten raisins, the bird seed gave Lucky raging diarrhea.

What may have caused Star to revert back to counter surfing and being so stupid? How can I stop it? Star has already won lockup anytime I leave the house, but I really need to address the problem, not just throw him in the room. He also likes to swallow the stuffing from dog beds.
Christina
Little Ann 2/14/96-4/6/10
Boomer 1996- 4/25/14
Lucky 4/24/04-8/27/14

3BOXERS

• Canine Good Citizen
Re: Reverting back to stupidness!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 12:46:02 AM »
May be best to make sure thier is nothing out for them to get into.