Author Topic: Ordering Online  (Read 1593 times)

Rubidawg

• Best Story Teller - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
    • HeathDawgs
Ordering Online
« on: November 27, 2012, 02:04:01 PM »
I've been really contemplating a switch in dog food. Not that Natural Balance isn't doing well for them or anything, but I'd like to get something higher quality.

We had Bauer on Acana for a while when he first came home. Both dogs liked it, altho Bauer was really picky about eating/schedule, etc. We eventually ended up switching back to Natural Balance because it was hard to find Acana on a consistent basis around here. (the stores that carried it, never kept it fully instock)

But now I'm considering just trying out either Acana or Evangers or Earthborn Holistic. I was curious if anyone has experience with ordering on line and what your thoughts are? We typically realize last minute that we're down to the bottom of the bag, and truly the convenience of running to PetCo up the street works for us. But, if we order online, I may be more inclined to be on top of it much better. (we do have other things available if something should happen and need to homecook for a few days, so it's really not that big of a deal).

Curious how long it takes, if you find the availability to be there, etc.

Also, anyone ever try Evangers or Earthborn? Thoughts? The protein seems a lil higher than I'd like it to be (33% on average), but it's not too bad compared to trying to stay between 26-30%.
Dawn
Rubi, CGC - 2.16.05
Bauer - Rocket's Kindred Spirit RN CGC - 4.16.12
Ms. Kitty - 3.15.02
Forever In My Heart: Grady, Branwen's Northern Sky BN RA CGC - 12.22.07 - 5.25.12

Sir Duke

• Potty Trained
Re: Ordering Online
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 03:07:54 PM »
Petfooddirect.com looks like it isn't to bad.  I just looked at what I feed and you get a discount if you sign up for auto ship.  BUT, you have to pay for shipping.  So, in my case the 14 bucks per bag I would say covers the shipping.

The convenience of having a bag of dog food show up at my door is very nice and it is just a pinch more than I  pay locally.

Rubidawg

• Officially Boxer Crazy
    • HeathDawgs
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 03:44:53 PM »
I've been looking at Mrchewy.com and petflow.com Good prices and free shipping, etc. But I'm just concerned about availability, as well as typical shipping times. I know some people order more regularly. I'd just hate to start feeding something and then have to switch up again because the site suddenly stopped carrying it or the other sites prices went way up.

I have a friend who orders from petflow and they also have the program, but she stays away from it. I think she said that you have to order so much per month, and even with her 3 or 4 dogs she has, never goes through it as much and that she'd end up with a large supply in her garage, lol. May not be bad for when "doomsday" comes! haha
Dawn
Rubi, CGC - 2.16.05
Ms. Kitty - 3.15.02
Forever In My Heart: Grady, Branwen's Northern Sky BN RA CGC - 12.22.07 - 5.25.12

Bumpy

• Forum Wise Alec - 2008
  • Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 08:00:38 PM »
Have you ever looked into Precise? They have a few Grain free options as well as regular.
  Shelly CGC 7.13.06 Keanu 5.16.07

Rubidawg

• Officially Boxer Crazy
    • HeathDawgs
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 08:54:20 PM »
Never heard of it, Bump. Are the pups eating this now? How do they like it? Will have to look it up and check it out. Thanks!
Dawn
Rubi, CGC - 2.16.05
Ms. Kitty - 3.15.02

Bumpy

• Forum Wise Alec - 2008
  • Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 08:09:24 PM »
Been on it since the TOTW recall. It is all made in the US. Check it out, I think you will find it is a decent food. I feed my guys the grain free options but they have had the regular a few times as well.
  Shelly CGC 7.13.06 Keanu 5.16.07

LOVEBUG

• Potty Trained
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 11:03:59 PM »
I get all of my dog food online from PetFlow, and I love it! I also have my items on the auto ship. There are no requirements on how much you order per month. If your order is under $49.99, you pay a shipping charge of $4.95, period. You can change your order, and the shipping dates at anytime. I think their selection, and service is great.

I just recently switched to Earthborn Holistic. It's too early to tell how the dogs will do on it, but they sure do love it! It is also on the Dog Food Adviser's, 5 star list.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 11:37:28 PM by LOVEBUG »

Cindy: Mom to Porsha, & Tyson.
          Chowder 4/2000 - 9/7/2013