Author Topic: Tarheel Boxer Specialty - Labor Day Weekend  (Read 2532 times)

Rubidawg

• Best Story Teller - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
    • HeathDawgs
Tarheel Boxer Specialty - Labor Day Weekend
« on: July 30, 2012, 12:04:05 PM »
Curious is anyone is heading to Raleigh over Labor Day Weekend for the Tarheel Boxer Club Speciality?
Dawn
Rubi, CGC - 2.16.05
Bauer - Rocket's Kindred Spirit RN CGC - 4.16.12
Ms. Kitty - 3.15.02
Forever In My Heart: Grady, Branwen's Northern Sky BN RA CGC - 12.22.07 - 5.25.12

jinxx

• Socialized
    • JinxxBoxers
Re: Tarheel Boxer Specialty - Labor Day Weekend
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 03:07:39 PM »
not us  :laugh4:
we'll be at a itty bitty teeny tiny show 45 mins from home
Jill
JinxxBoxers http://jinxx.us/

CH. Jinxx Burlesque Dancer Zorita-
Jinxx Xcitable Boy Xeno

MBREEN

• Potty Trained
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 05:05:47 PM »
 I would love to but I'm taking my mom on vacation.
"Dogs are not our whole life,They make our life whole"
Piper we miss you baby girl, but you live on in our hearts.

Rubidawg

• Officially Boxer Crazy
    • HeathDawgs
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 05:41:12 PM »
not us  :laugh4:
we'll be at a itty bitty teeny tiny show 45 mins from home
Poo on you! They are expecting it to hit Majors from what I can see. Just sayin! ;)
Dawn
Rubi, CGC - 2.16.05
Ms. Kitty - 3.15.02
Forever In My Heart: Grady, Branwen's Northern Sky BN RA CGC - 12.22.07 - 5.25.12

jinxx

• Socialized
    • JinxxBoxers
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 05:54:16 PM »
He's not ready for the big shows yet
He can't even stay focused when there's only one other dog in the ring.
Everything is a huge party playdate.  :devilish:

He's not even ready physically for this little po dink show but I have to get his head in the game sooner or later.

I think YOU need to plan a trip to Syracuse NY in November- our clubs Specialty show is majors  :laugh4:
Jill

Jinxx Xcitable Boy Xeno

SaharaNight Boxers

• Fully Weaned
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 06:52:25 PM »
I want to go one of these years. Almost all of Duke's ancestors were from down there and they all had their special moments at the Tarheel cluster. Hopefully Duke has his soon!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 07:42:49 PM by SaharaNight Boxers »

BoxerWB

• Administrator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 10:22:00 PM »
I'll ditto Jill's idea - you should hit up the Syracuse show some time.  Big conformation, agility, and obedience show!  Usually has majors plus I think it is sometimes a qualifying Obedience trial (towards invitations to NOI).
Julia
Delta 03/12
Dash 07/06
Shady 07/05
In my heart: Xena 03/10/03 - 02/16/12

Rubidawg

• Officially Boxer Crazy
    • HeathDawgs
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 10:50:35 PM »
I'm always lookin for an excuse to travel and hang with doggy people! It's so hard to get any kinda feedback at the shows around here. Lots of the people aren't really willing to chat with a newbie. We have some AMAZING shows around here and I had a great opportunity to meet Jess and Heather at one of our Greensboro shows and listen to them chat ringside at what was in the ring. It was kinda nice. Between the Concord, Greensboro and Raleigh circuits (Raleigh is ALWAYS huge, considering that's AKC area), we have lots of great chances....but too many snobs that I run into that are too busy with their nose in the air. Maybe I'm just catching the wrong people on the wrong day.

So, Jill, maybe I can come and get Xeno all riled up for ya. He'd be lots of fun to watch in the ring, I bet.

I'd really like to get involved with the THBC, but I can't drive to Raleigh for a meeting, even if it's once a month (a lil over 3 hours away). But, thought maybe I'd check out this specialty, since I've never been to one and make it a weekend (cuz Raleigh for Labor Day is soooooo exciting-not! lol)
Dawn
Rubi, CGC - 2.16.05
Ms. Kitty - 3.15.02

MBREEN

• Potty Trained
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 11:16:38 PM »
I would love to one day have a Boxer to handle in conformation. I used to really love going to all the shows with the danes but I got discouraged because of the way  other handlers treated me. At least until they found out that my danes were out  of My -Johns lines then they decided to talk to me. There were a few that were great and very helpful. I started handling when I was 16 and still a little immature. They intimidated me some and I often wonder how well I to would handle it now that I have matured.
"Dogs are not our whole life,They make our life whole"
Piper we miss you baby girl, but you live on in our hearts.

jinxx

• Socialized
    • JinxxBoxers
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 11:35:39 PM »
Jill and Strummer were in town for the Spring show in Syracuse and I missed them (Easter weekend). I was soooo bummed out.

OMG Heather and Jess are a blast ringside  :laugh4:

and it wouldn't take much to rile the boy- all you have to do is look at him and he'll bounce on you

does the club offer assiciate membership?
Jill

Jinxx Xcitable Boy Xeno

Rubidawg

• Officially Boxer Crazy
    • HeathDawgs
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 12:12:07 AM »
Jill and Strummer were in town for the Spring show in Syracuse and I missed them (Easter weekend). I was soooo bummed out.

OMG Heather and Jess are a blast ringside  :laugh4:

and it wouldn't take much to rile the boy- all you have to do is look at him and he'll bounce on you

does the club offer assiciate membership?
I'm not really sure. Hadn't looked much into it, honestly.

And yes, it was GREAT hangin with Heather and Jess ringside. We kept talkin about bringin wine in, but I think their nerves had them a bit more focussed elsewhere. Atleast I got to see Jezra and Fabio, and of course Scarlet was there too. I'd LOVE to see Jill and Strum run too. We have lots of great members, doing great things all over the place. The more I meet, the more I wish we were all a bit closer so we could cheer everyone on in person.

Ahhhhhh, but ABC 2013 will be here soon enough! And then.....ya'll better watch out! :laugh4:
Dawn
Rubi, CGC - 2.16.05
Ms. Kitty - 3.15.02