Author Topic: Happy Tears on a Monday!  (Read 2573 times)

DoubleTrouble

• Retired Member
  • Canine Good Citizen
Happy Tears on a Monday!
« on: June 18, 2012, 02:24:42 PM »
I sometimes think working rescue has started to make me cynical of the human race...we see so much bad that it is easy to let that overcome you sometimes...BUT, then on the other hand...along comes a saint saying..."hey, let me help out, OK? On those days, like today, I end up with happy tears in my eyes and allow my heart to once again have faith in people.

I am in charge of writing thank you notes for donations that come in thru the FSBR website and I just got in a new batch to write out for donations that came in this weekend...while all of them touch me, there was one that brought me to tears... see, our precious little foster orphans go thru about $600 of dog food a month...until just recently we had  suppliers donating all the food we needed but unfortunately they had to stop and now we are looking at the daunting task of paying for it all ourselves... we asked for donations on FB asking folkls to donate the cost of one bag of food to help us and one kind, sweet, darling of a woman responded with a $600 donation to feed our dogs for an entire month... :bigcry: Oh yea I cried...I have said it many times before...a rescue is only as good as the people who support it and because of this kind and generous soul, the little Boxer orphans will be stocked up for an entire month...  Thankyou Thank you Thank you!!!
Oh I getting ready to send her a thank you letter but I wanted to just go ahead and say it here too...after all she is a member of this very forum.   :thumbsup: I hope she sees this and comes forward but if not...I hope she knows just how much her support means to me and especially the Four Seasons Boxer Rescue fosters...God bless you girl!!  :smitten:
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 02:26:30 PM by DoubleTrouble »
Deb, Jaimee and Joker
Volunteer for Four Seasons
I lost my mind while working rescue
but found my soul.

whitepupzoe

• Most Supportive & Friendliest Member - 2008
  • Global Moderator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
Re: Happy Tears on a Monday!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 02:31:42 PM »
Wow Deb that is amazing! What a wonderfully generous donation!

To whoever made the donation...thank you from all of us who have adopted a rescue baby...who knows where our babies would be if it weren't for people like you!  :smitten:
Kristin ~ Mom to Abby & George

Always In My Heart ~ Angels Zoe & Ariel

Rubidawg

• Best Story Teller - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
    • HeathDawgs
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 03:11:56 PM »
Love those stories!!! It does restore a bit of my faith back in the human race when you hear stories like this! :thumbsup:
Dawn
Rubi, CGC - 2.16.05
Bauer - Rocket's Kindred Spirit RN CGC - 4.16.12
Ms. Kitty - 3.15.02
Forever In My Heart: Grady, Branwen's Northern Sky BN RA CGC - 12.22.07 - 5.25.12

Eilene

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 09:10:49 AM »
 :thumbsup:
Eilene
Nala, Luna
Forever in my heart Amber,Bailey,Chicklet,Tequila

Theresa

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • "No Pressure, no diamonds"-Mary Case
    • Getting Evan
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 12:04:42 PM »
Wow. Thanks to whoever made the donation. What a wonderful gift.
Mom to:
Beasley (flashy fawn male) born 11/15/2005
Peanut (classic brindle female) born 2/15/2009
Evan (two legged brunette male) born 4/20/2011

Missy/Precious mom

• Most Encouraging Member - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 12:49:21 PM »
That is truly a wonderful person.  I have little faith in most humans any more.  They can be so nasty and cruel.  It is so upliftig to hear about someone who is kind and generous and loving :smitten: 
Thank you kind person
Joyce

DoubleTrouble

• Retired Member
  • Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 02:36:08 PM »
HOLY KIBBLE!!!!  We just got another one!! Someone else just made  a $600 donation to the dog food fund...you can't imagine how that makes me feel... :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: Joker will personally sign this Thank you letter with his pawprint... :smitten:
Deb, Jaimee and Joker
but found my soul.

Missy/Precious mom

• Most Encouraging Member - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 02:47:13 PM »
Congratulations.  I hope Joker gets a blister on his foot from having to pawtograph so many food dontations.  A few more would be really nice.  You have 2 now I am hoping for 10 more to take you through a year.  (Don't really want Joker to have a hurt foot)
Joyce

DoubleTrouble

• Retired Member
  • Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 02:53:29 PM »
This just blows my mind....we are getting many donations of a bag or two which is fantastic...every single bag is a huge blessing...but these huge donations just melt me.   :smitten:
Deb, Jaimee and Joker
but found my soul.

LOVEBUG

• Potty Trained
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 02:55:21 PM »
:boing: Fantastic! How wonderful these people are! Thank you!  :sweetheart:

Cindy: Mom to Porsha, & Tyson.
          Chowder 4/2000 - 9/7/2013

3BOXERS