Author Topic: One overly busy breeder  (Read 10757 times)

Newcastle

• Most Informed Member - 2009
  • Administrator
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • WHEEE!!!!!
    • Newcastle Boxers
Re: One overly busy breeder
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2012, 03:00:41 PM »
Ohhh...so it is OK for others opinions to berate me though, right?

If you'll recall, I noted that *everyone* needed to take a breather -- the lines of civility have been crossed on multiple sides.

the fact that her story has so many different parts to it, EVERY time she posts something on how she met Marie or got Daisy!

I don't see anything contradictory, though, just expanded information.

For real Jenn?  You have to be kidding!

I don't think that's true, but if you follow Deb's logic it must be.

and who started the overstepping?  The one that felt her dog was being insulted

No, the bounds were overstepped well before that point. That said, we have again moved away from the issues and are back on the people. That needs to end now -- if not, this thread will be closed.
Jennifer Walker
Newcastle Boxers, Reg'd
Mind ~ Body ~ Spirit ~ Naturally

Visit the Boxer Crazy Store

MBREEN

• Potty Trained
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2012, 03:23:22 PM »
I will respectfully step out if this thread and this forum. I do not want to be the reason for any arguing. I thank you all for your help and wish you all as well as your furbabies the best. I had no intentions of causing any problems and again express that I am very sorry for causing any problems.
"Dogs are not our whole life,They make our life whole"
Piper we miss you baby girl, but you live on in our hearts.

Newcastle

• Most Informed Member - 2009
  • Administrator
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • WHEEE!!!!!
    • Newcastle Boxers
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2012, 03:27:43 PM »
Melissa, I understand, but I hope you reconsider leaving the forum. This thread is an exception to the way we usually interact; our forum is full of helpful people who truly care about other members and their Boxers; we've kept things small for precisely that reason. I would hate to think that the passion our members have for the breed, which does sometimes boil over, would drive you away, when in the long run we all want the same things.
Jennifer Walker
Newcastle Boxers, Reg'd
Mind ~ Body ~ Spirit ~ Naturally

Visit the Boxer Crazy Store

MBREEN

• Potty Trained
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2012, 12:35:42 PM »
Hey guys I have a update for you. I wish I could say that she has let me s/n some of her dogs but unfortunately that is not the case. I am sad to report that apparently she lost two litters and has decided to replace them. She has two litters on the ground and has just bred two more. Two of the litters are sired by their own grandfather. When I asked her about this she said that she is a professional line breeder. My reply to this was you are crazy, this is not how line breeding  is done. Fact of the matter is line breeding should only be done with dogs that are exceptional examples of the breed. One litter is sired by her white stud and I is out of a female that is less than a year old and has only been through one heat cycle. The other breeding is her white female and her "black" male who is the sire to the "line bred litters". I know she now knows better but still chooses to do  things this way. What do I do now? How do fix this situation? I am so upset, I just don't know what to do. I know she is lying to her customers about how the two litters died. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. I am so disappointed in her and with myself for believing she would change.

whitepupzoe

• Most Supportive & Friendliest Member - 2008
  • Global Moderator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2012, 01:24:22 PM »
Unfortunately all you can do sometimes is try to educate the person...you can't MAKE them do anything...and if they won't listen, then at least you tried. And if there is no legal action that can be taken then again unfortunately you sometimes just have to take a step back and walk away.

We have all made our mistakes and quite a few of us have purchased pet store pups or bought pups from not so good breeders, all we can do is learn from that mistake and not make it again. 

I really don't know if there is anything else you can do to stop her from breeding more dogs...sadly alot of times the laws are on the side of the BYB.  :no:
Kristin ~ Mom to Abby & George

Always In My Heart ~ Angels Zoe & Ariel

MBREEN

• Potty Trained
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2012, 02:03:06 PM »
I am still glad that I know got Daisy out of there. She states in her mass email that the litters were lost due to the loss of power/heat but I know for a fact those puppies were not born until after her power was back on. I just hate that these poor dogs are going through this mess. She totally had me fooled. I am going to speak with my vet and see if she can help do something about this. She works with several different organizations that work to stop puppy mills/BYB. I hope I can do something. I guess we live and learn.

whitepupzoe

• Most Supportive & Friendliest Member - 2008
  • Global Moderator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2012, 02:11:19 PM »
I hope you are able to do something to stop her, it's so sad to think about all those poor babies. I hate it too...that's why I stopped going into pet stores that sell puppies...I just can't take seeing their faces...and I can't save them all.  :no:
Kristin ~ Mom to Abby & George

Always In My Heart ~ Angels Zoe & Ariel

Eilene

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2012, 03:49:09 PM »
 :furious3: she sounds like an idiot...
Eilene
Nala, Luna
Forever in my heart Amber,Bailey,Chicklet,Tequila