Author Topic: One overly busy breeder  (Read 10236 times)

BoxerPerson

• Best Signature Quote - 2008; Most Addicted Member - 2009
  • Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
Re: One overly busy breeder
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2012, 04:58:41 PM »
Melissa, YES, I find your "protecting" and defending this woman (said with disdain) offensive as a rescuer, as a pet owner, and as a boxer lover!!!

I pretty much surmised that Storm was the puppy you got...have you looked at her picture that is posted? Don't you think she looked rather sickly in it?  Almost like she was malnourished or had mange. I was guessing that was the one you got from her. She has at least 3 others from that litter or another that was whelped the same day, as part of her "breeding stock".  Yes it is a good thing you have Daisy now, but for you to try to make her some "saint" (my words) for giving the cold water to her dogs, or for NOW knowing (I think this is questionable at best) she may not be doing the right thing in breeding, or that she may die without her insulin...all this just is so wrong IMO.  Have you ever wondered how many (dogs used for mass breeding) have given their lives for her, or how many puppies have perished because of an illness or health issue?

« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 06:08:10 PM by BoxerPerson »
Claire-Mom to Ollie, Zoe, Phoebe, Willie & Snookie

Goofy-Hailey-Nikki-Casey-Tyler-Cynder-Lilli-Daisy-Winnie-Felix-Levi-Ellie-&

DoubleTrouble

• Retired Member
  • Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2012, 05:49:55 PM »
Wait a minute....LOL, I thought you said we all entitled to our opinions...you are certainly expressing your opinions and defending your right to them but yet when I express mine you tell me to "get over it"....huh??  You are just upset that I am not patting you on the back for accepting a free puppy from this woman...I just hope your Daisy is able to "get over" whatever is wrong with her since she is so emaciated and won't eat...I know you love her with all your heart...we all love ours too...but your "free" back yard bred puppy may end up costing y0u a bundle because of this woman's shoddy breeding practices...I do hope your Daisy will be OK, I really do... :yes:
Deb, Jaimee and Joker
Volunteer for Four Seasons
I lost my mind while working rescue
but found my soul.

MBREEN

• Potty Trained
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2012, 06:46:30 PM »
She may have been free but believe my I have already spent a bundle on her with all the blood work and fecal tests. We tested for heart worms, giardia, cockcidia, and everything else known to man. Everything came up negative. Yes I do get upset when people start telling me how undesirable she is. To me she is great. I do not need a pat on my back from you or anyone else for that matter. As for my opinions I have not once downed you or your dogs.
"Dogs are not our whole life,They make our life whole"
Piper we miss you baby girl, but you live on in our hearts.

BoxerPerson

• Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2012, 07:10:54 PM »
You just don't get it...Daisy isn't the issue.  It is YOU, your professing that this person is "nice", the fact you claim to have researched breeders, your claim to have interviewed others that were too clueless or impatient to wait for a dog that came from a responsible/reputable breeder, just like you did.  Are you a horrid person because of it, no.  Are you wrong for doing it this way, yes, especially if you once were in rescue.  You should have known better.  

I am sure Daisy is quite loved by you, and this makes it hard for you to understand what we are telling you. Your actions, taking a pup off her hands because she couldn't or wouldn't pay the $$ to fix the problem with her that she created! As much as you do not want to accept this, you do have a pup that for whatever reasons became useless to the breeder...it was not altruistic on her part, not at all. It was easier just to get rid of this pup to someone looking for a boxer and let them use their money to find out whats wrong and hopefully fix her.

Like Deb said, I really hope she doesn't have any serious issues.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 07:32:01 PM by BoxerPerson »

MBREEN

• Potty Trained
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2012, 07:36:46 PM »
Let's just get something straight right now I was not clueless nor was I impatient. What you don't seem to understand is that regardless of what you say or what you do people will continue to buy from her. ANIMAL CONTROL HAVE TOLD ME THAT THEY CAN NOT STOP HER FROM BREEDING!!!!!!!! So am I wrong for trying to persuade her ti stop breeding. If it works does it matter weather it was in a nice way or a hateful way. This case is different because of the fact that she does abide by our state laws. If no one steps in to try to do something then she will never stop. Even if I do not succeed then at least I know I tried. You or anyone else can judge me all you want but I know in my heart that by getting Daisy and all the other dogs that I can out of there I am doing the right thing.

BoxerPerson

• Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2012, 08:18:13 PM »
Ugh...I will say just this and then I am done, I really do not like wasting my time, and that is exactly what I feel I am doing.
It not only takes education of her, but of the people that buy, get free, or whatever, the pups she breeds.  If no one takes those pups that she "doesn't have time for" or doesn't want to spend $$ on, if no one buys them...then she does not have a profitable business and she will stop her breeding practice.  She will not stop doing what she is IF she makes $$ doing it...PERIOD!

DoubleTrouble

• Retired Member
  • Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2012, 08:28:58 PM »
Ugh...I will say just this and then I am done, I really do not like wasting my time, and that is exactly what I feel I am doing.
It not only takes education of her, but of the people that buy, get free, or whatever, the pups she breeds.  If no one takes those pups that she "doesn't have time for" or doesn't want to spend $$ on, if no one buys them...then she does not have a profitable business and she will stop her breeding practice.  She will not stop doing what she is IF she makes $$ doing it...PERIOD!

MY point exactly...Claire you can't make it any clearer than THAT... :thumbsup:
Deb, Jaimee and Joker
but found my soul.

MBREEN

• Potty Trained
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2012, 09:04:59 PM »
To all that have been nice I would like to say thank you. To those of you that live in your own perfect little world I will pray for you. People will not stop buying from her no matter what anyone does. If you are trying to get me to share your opinion then yea you are waistng your time because I am not a mean person and I will continue to try to get her to stop breeding by any means that I see fit. This great country of ours gives me the right to do that. I do not have to do things the way you would like me to. I do not have to answer to any of you for anything that I have done. By the way you put things I guess people should stop adopting from shelters because that just tells people that they can throw away their pets and some one else will pick up the slack. I have met some hard hearted people in my day but you two take the cake. I am trying to do something for the good of the breed and the dogs and you criticize me for it. I guess if people don't do things the way you say is right they are wrong. I guess I will continue to be wrong. Well my little LEFTOVER is ready for her walk so I guess I will go.

DoubleTrouble

• Retired Member
  • Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2012, 09:54:56 PM »
To all that have been nice I would like to say thank you. To those of you that live in your own perfect little world I will pray for you. People will not stop buying from her no matter what anyone does. If you are trying to get me to share your opinion then yea you are waistng your time because I am not a mean person and I will continue to try to get her to stop breeding by any means that I see fit. This great country of ours gives me the right to do that. I do not have to do things the way you would like me to. I do not have to answer to any of you for anything that I have done. By the way you put things I guess people should stop adopting from shelters because that just tells people that they can throw away their pets and some one else will pick up the slack. I have met some hard hearted people in my day but you two take the cake. I am trying to do something for the good of the breed and the dogs and you criticize me for it. I guess if people don't do things the way you say is right they are wrong. I guess I will continue to be wrong. Well my little LEFTOVER is ready for her walk so I guess I will go.

So why am I wrong just because I disagree with you?  You seem to be talking out of both sides of your mouth there...it's OK for you to disagree with me but I can't disagree with you...ridiculous, you are just enjoying the argument... and I've got better things to do.  But hey thanks for the prayers I really really appreciate those when you are as hardhearted as  I am,  they come in really handy.... :laugh4:
Deb, Jaimee and Joker
but found my soul.

MBREEN

• Potty Trained
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2012, 10:48:38 PM »
Disagreeing with me is one thing. Criticizing me is totally another. I have not criticized the ways you do things they just are not my ways. As for her having Daisy's siblings look again. The date on her website is the date the pictures were updated. Her intentions were to breed Daisy not sale her. She had decided to keep Daisy before she was even six weeks old. When she and I first spoke she told me about the puppies she had for sale. I then told her that the ways she does things are wrong. I talked with her several times and learned about Daisy by her telling me about taking her to the vet (Which she showed me the vet record for). I then told her that I would take her. If I had posted this breeder is awful and I hope she dyes would that have made you happy? I believe that there is always hope and a little kindness goes a long way. By the way go back and look at my post I never said you were wrong I said that your way of doing things is just not the way I do them.

BoxerPerson

• Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2012, 06:45:22 AM »
To those of you that live in your own perfect little world I will pray for you.
 Thanks!
People will not stop buying from her no matter what anyone does.
Wanna bet?
By the way you put things I guess people should stop adopting from shelters because that just tells people that they can throw away their pets and some one else will pick up the slack.
Honestly I was hoping you had understood rescue better than this...I guess I was wrong!
I have met some hard hearted people in my day but you two take the cake.
If I was hardhearted as you claim, I would not have wasted my time trying to EDUCATE YOU!
I am trying to do something for the good of the breed and the dogs and you criticize me for it.
What you are doing is making it easier for this mass breeder to continue with her breeding practices!
I guess if people don't do things the way you say is right they are wrong.
the same could be said of you.  You are steadfastly hanging on to your belief that you will educate this person and she will stop her breeding of these not to standard dogs.  You believe you saved Daisy, when in fact you just took a problem off her hands and made it easier for her.  
Well my little LEFTOVER is ready for her walk so I guess I will go.
Seriously, you don't realize that what Deb said was not a cut to Daisy but to the breeder?  

So why am I wrong just because I disagree with you?  You seem to be talking out of both sides of your mouth there...it's OK for you to disagree with me but I can't disagree with you...ridiculous, you are just enjoying the argument... and I've got better things to do.  But hey thanks for the prayers I really really appreciate those when you are as hardhearted as  I am,  they come in really handy.... :laugh4:
LOL :laugh4:
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 08:27:41 AM by BoxerPerson »

BoxerPerson

• Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2012, 07:42:50 AM »
Oh and just an FYI to others that don't know this...here is another site for this breeder that shows she breeds her white boxers...
http://mejwaldron.synthasite.com/boxer-sires.php

And someone PLEASE tell me what the heck this is...not a boxer that is for sure!
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1103302601669&set=a.1102715426990.13914.1799866012&type=3&theater
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 07:49:53 AM by BoxerPerson »

MBREEN

• Potty Trained
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2012, 08:22:51 AM »
You people really don't get it do. I have said through all of my post that I do not agree with what she is doing and I am trying to get her to stop. I understand that she is breeding her white boxers. That is why I am trying to get her to spay Helaina and Voodoo. News flash I do not need to be educated by any of you. Your statements just confirm that if people do not share your opinion and do things the way you would you think they are wrong. People have been trying to shut her down for ten years now without any success, so what makes you think people will stop buying from her considering she is still selling everyday. You can laugh at me all you want as I said before I could care less. I live here and I know our laws, she is not breaking any of them. By saying this I in no way mean that she is a good breeder. I only mean that animal control can not do anything to her. And yes I do believe that I saved Daisy because if she was still there she would be breed on every heat for the rest of her life. If no one befriends this lady and works with her then nothing will be done. I once again am sorry that I do not share your opinion on how to stop her. As I said she has been visited by animal control at least three times a year for ten years. They have not been able to do anything so why am I wrong for doing what I am. And by the way there is a better way to "educate" people rather criticizing them. I have not done nothing wrong. As for pointing out my spelling sorry I am not perfect.

MBREEN

• Potty Trained
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2012, 08:54:54 AM »
I tell you what I will step back and let her continue to do things the way she has been until someone is able to stop her. I will no longer speak with her and let my vet know that I will not be bringing any of her dog in to be altered (which I was going to pay for) in order to get her to stop. I will just tell her to throw the books on breeding (that I purchased) away because you guys say I am wrong. This is why more people do not help with rescue. They do not want to be criticized and harassed by people like you. You think that you are the only ones that know how to rescue and if not done your way then it is the wrong way. It makes my heart hurt that after all that I have done to try to help the situation I am considered the bad guy. I am done with this does that make you happy?

Newcastle

• Most Informed Member - 2009
  • Administrator
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • WHEEE!!!!!
    • Newcastle Boxers
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2012, 10:21:56 AM »
Melissa, please don't stop trying to educate this woman -- logic and information have already changed far more minds than hatred and vitriol ever will.

Claire, Deb, maybe you can clarify some things for me. Someone calls you up, says "I have a Boxer I can no longer care for, can you help me?" You take the dog, for free, and it's a rescue. Melissa is in the same situation, takes the dog, for free, and she's enabling a breeder? I understand that *buying* a dog from a breeder just encourages them to keep breeding, but what is the difference between the breeder surrendering the dog to a shelter or rescue, and Melissa adopting it from there, and her giving the dog for free to Melissa? (Except, of course, that the shelter or rescue does not have to carry the costs of the dog until it is adopted, and Melissa doesn't have to pay for the dog and can instead use that money on her vet bills?)

Now, Melissa is convincing the breeder to sterilize and place -- for free -- some of her breeding dogs. This is what most rescue people long for!! Why are you two so opposed to it? How is it enabling the breeder, when she is losing money on the deal? It matters not one whit whether her Boxers are white or black or pink with purple polka dogs; it matters not that they don't look like Boxers; it matters not whether she is a wonderful person or an evil, money-grubbing scumbag. What matters is that she's breeding for the wrong reasons, and Melissa has helped her to see that, and convinced her to cut back on her breeding. How can anyone who professes to care about the breed have a problem with that? How can anyone who has a history of taking in free dogs from those who can't care for them crucify someone else for doing the same thing? The main difference is, the breeder of those free dogs profited from them, while the breeder of Daisy did not.

This thread is teetering on the line of "respect others" and has dipped over it a couple of times. Let's all take a breather, step away for an hour or two, and when we come back, stick to the issues rather than the people.
Jennifer Walker
Newcastle Boxers, Reg'd
Mind ~ Body ~ Spirit ~ Naturally

Visit the Boxer Crazy Store