Author Topic: One overly busy breeder  (Read 10530 times)

Hickoryrockkenn

• Weanling
    • Hickory Rock Kennels
One overly busy breeder
« on: June 07, 2012, 02:47:50 AM »
I just wanted to let everyone know of a "breeder" that I have been watching for over 3 years now. Each time I look at the puppies for wv on puppyfind.com she has a litter for sale. I have tried calling to see if someone would investigate it but didnt have any luck. I have included a link to her page so you can have a look for yourself.
http://www.puppyfind.com/redirect/?acct_id=226318&list_id=96sraq5f2s

BoxerPerson

• Best Signature Quote - 2008; Most Addicted Member - 2009
  • Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
Re: One overly busy breeder
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 06:07:32 AM »
Looking at puppyfind.com is the same as buying a puppy from a puppy mill!  It is the website that many millers post their puppies for sale.

That site is NOT a reputable breeder's site, it is one of a puppy mill!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 06:09:19 AM by BoxerPerson »
Claire-Mom to Ollie, Zoe, Phoebe, Willie & Snookie

Goofy-Hailey-Nikki-Casey-Tyler-Cynder-Lilli-Daisy-Winnie-Felix-Levi-Ellie-&

BranwenBoxers

• Canine Good Citizen
  • " Branwen's Eastern Sea " Millie
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 09:06:04 AM »
So sad ,  and what I can't understand is with all the  information out there on the Net about health testing that needs to be done before a litter is even thought of .

Why are people buying from people like this  :wall:
Heather
Branwen Boxers
www.BranwenBoxers.com

Hickoryrockkenn

• Weanling
    • Hickory Rock Kennels
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 10:11:44 AM »
She had one time a "tri colored" boxer no clue how she did that. As for the website sorry I didn't realize it was a puppy mil within itself

Rubidawg

• Best Story Teller - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
    • HeathDawgs
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 12:25:45 PM »
Unfortunately, there are alot of those types of sites out there. I avoid all of them at all costs.
Dawn
Rubi, CGC - 2.16.05
Bauer - Rocket's Kindred Spirit RN CGC - 4.16.12
Ms. Kitty - 3.15.02
Forever In My Heart: Grady, Branwen's Northern Sky BN RA CGC - 12.22.07 - 5.25.12

3BOXERS

• Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 07:55:33 PM »
Some times it is very hard to tell a good breeder from a bad. Some of the puppy mill breeders have begun copy parts of others web sites to attract more buyers.

MBREEN

• Potty Trained
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 12:14:46 AM »
I just got my girl from there. Some of her breeding practices are questionable however she takes excellent care of her dogs. I spoke with her vet and he has nothing but good things to say about her. She is an older lady but seems to really care about her dogs.
"Dogs are not our whole life,They make our life whole"
Piper we miss you baby girl, but you live on in our hearts.

BoxerPerson

• Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 06:29:12 AM »
Breeding masses of puppies does not make someone a "nice" person IMO, I don't care how much she takes care of her dogs!  If her practices are questionable, then SHE is questionable!

MBREEN

• Potty Trained
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 08:33:08 AM »
I hear what you are saying Claire I was just meaning that animal control is not going to do anything to her or shut her down because she does take care of her dogs and is highly liked by her vet. I in no way condone what she does with her breeding. All I know is I love my new girl Daisy. She gave Daisy to me because she couldn't give her enough one on one attention. In ways she seems like a puppy mill and in others she is the total opposite. All the puppy mills that I have ever seen or heard of are filthy and the dogs are all sick. In my opinion she is a BYB not a puppy mill. I may be wrong but that is my opinion. She is in compliance with all of our state laws so there for there is nothing anyone can do but try to make her see the error of her ways. That is what I am trying to do.

DoubleTrouble

• Retired Member
  • Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 09:36:40 AM »
Uughhhh....as a rescuer, I think I'd better just back right out out of this one before I get myself in trouble.... :wall:
Deb, Jaimee and Joker
Volunteer for Four Seasons
I lost my mind while working rescue
but found my soul.

BoxerPerson

• Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2012, 10:42:10 AM »
Uughhhh....as a rescuer, I think I'd better just back right out out of this one before I get myself in trouble.... :wall:

Yup, me too!

DoubleTrouble

• Retired Member
  • Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2012, 11:00:01 AM »

Yup, me too!

I'll just NEVER understand....ever! With all the great Boxers dying every single day....why why why do folks keep people like her in business!!!  :wall:

She gave Daisy to me because she couldn't give her enough one on one attention
Heck no she too busy breeding more and more puppies to take care of the ones already here....,Arrrrrggghhhh!!!!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 11:13:24 AM by DoubleTrouble »
Deb, Jaimee and Joker
Volunteer for Four Seasons
I lost my mind while working rescue
but found my soul.

BoxerWB

• Administrator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2012, 11:36:51 AM »
MBREEN - Technically, buying a dog from her would be condoning what she does, because you'd be supporting it financially.  If she gave you the dog for nothing, that's a little different.

While this person wouldn't be investigated (as much as the OP and others would like) since breeding too much isn't illegal, you have to understand that on our forum, a good pet owner is not the same as a good breeder.  Someone might be taking good veterinary care of their animals (and what vet wouldn't love someone who's constantly bringing in puppies for their first shots, etc) but what goes into being a good breeder is so much more than adequate care.  There are genetic tests, temperament, following the breed standard - and those are just the broad strokes.
Julia
Delta 03/12
Dash 07/06
Shady 07/05
In my heart: Xena 03/10/03 - 02/16/12

MBREEN

• Potty Trained
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2012, 01:18:47 PM »
I totally get what goes into being a good breeder. I never said she was a good breeder. I have nothing but respect for rescue groups being as I used to be involved in Great Dane rescue. The only reason I stopped is I had to start taking care of my mother and didn't have enough tome to give rescue my full attention. Daisy was free Marie got absolutely no monetary gain from Daisy coming home with me. I just believe that more can be accomplished by being friendly and educating her than jumping all gungho and calling animal control because let's face if she is not breaking any laws they can't do anything to her. I am trying to get her to lesson her numbers and get her older females that should definitely not be bred spayed. I know that it is not right but she is doing things the way her parents did. In todays society we no better but when you are raised seeing things done this way that tends to be the way you do it. I just don't like to pass judgment until I have all the information.

BoxerPerson

• Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2012, 05:07:52 PM »
I think her website and the information already known is "all the information" I would need! I cannot believe you cannot see that she IS a mass producer of pups, or better known as a Puppy Miller. Clean facilities or not...I have seen some pristine facilities and some total dumps...mass producing of pups is nothing more than breeding for profit, aka...a PUPPY MILL!