Author Topic: Tell me what everyone thinks of my boy Rebel  (Read 9650 times)

SaharaNight Boxers

• Fully Weaned
Re: Tell me what everyone thinks of my boy Rebel
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2012, 04:38:51 PM »
Now we're all friendly ;D information can be shared.

The one thing I do want to say though is that you said if you breed they would make great pets. The same goes for those dogs in the shelter. Don't make them have to compete with dogs you bred. On a lot of breeders websites you'll see them saying on their litters page to look to rescue, some foster, some have adopted. Let your dogs be happy pets and let the shelter dogs get adopted! Win win for everyone!

And you never know how Rebel could act after he gets bred. I've heard some dogs act completely different, some get focused only on girls and mating, some try to run away to get to girls, some distance themselves completely from people. You never know how he could change.

As far as the Am Bullies if you could find a responsible breeder somewhere, (They aren't recognized by AKC so I don't know where to look...UKC maybe) get well bred dogs, show them, health test them, and breed sure I see no problem. Same if you got a good little girl from a responsible Boxer breeder.

Bruins_Boxer

• Officially Boxer Crazy
    • Bruins Boxers
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2012, 05:41:11 PM »
As far as holter testing , yes it is not a guarantee that the dog will not have ARVC ( that is what the holter screens for) . But it CAN tell you if your dog does have ARVC .

My first boxer was shown in conformation had an obed title and I was approached to use him for stud . Back then holtering was new , many people did not believe in doing it . But I was asked by the bitch owner to test him so I did .

I found out that he had over 500 vpc's and there were some pairs & triplets . This told me ( by the cardiologist I later went to ) that he definately did have ARVC even though I never saw any of the typical signs .

He was later neutered and I started over and bought a show prospect from another trusted breeder.
Missi
Edy - Bruin's Espresso by Stephlyn , CGC    5-2-2006
Remy - Bruin's One Step Closer    7-27-2010

Gone but never forgotten Mocha , Titan , Charlotte .

BoxerPerson

• Best Signature Quote - 2008; Most Addicted Member - 2009
  • Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2012, 06:29:27 PM »
What the world does not need now, is another breeder of PET puppies! I rescue and can attest there are so many pups that need homes.  PLEASE don't breed just to breed and just to breed more puppies that may or may not find a perfect home.
Claire-Mom to Ollie, Zoe, Phoebe, Willie & Snookie

Goofy-Hailey-Nikki-Casey-Tyler-Cynder-Lilli-Daisy-Winnie-Felix-Levi-Ellie-&

aquagirl900

• Socialized
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2012, 07:01:54 PM »
Another thing I want to point out, is that just because a dog is "pure" with papers doesn't mean they are true to the breed in appearance.  I have two boxers.  Jetta I got from  "breeder" and is AKC registered.  Bo I rescued from someone who kept him in a crate 16+ hours a day at 9 months old.  Bo has no papers.  Both dogs as much a mess (far from breed standard) as each other in spite of one having papers and one not.  In fact, I would have to say that Jetta, my papered dog is less to standard than Bo, my non papered dog. 

Not the best picture to judge dogs by, but you get the idea. Jetta is short, long nose, wide head, not many wrinkles, her back end is "off".  Bo has too long of a nose, roach back, long legs , tall but thin (still shorter than standard though).  Bo almost looks part greyhound to me..Jetta more pitty/bully to me.  Jetta looks more 'off" to me than Bo though neither are good examples of boxers.  Your Bella reminds me a bit of Jetta in her build.

Hickoryrockkenn

• Weanling
    • Hickory Rock Kennels
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2012, 06:46:50 PM »
Here's a pic I took last night of Bella with my Ipad so low quality. I cooked this chicken and some pork for them. I just thought id share it with everyone.

SaharaNight Boxers

• Fully Weaned
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2012, 07:58:26 PM »
Ooh if you're seasoning the chicken and then giving it to them stop. I don't know what's I your seasonings, but that can really upset their tummies.

Hickoryrockkenn

• Weanling
    • Hickory Rock Kennels
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2012, 08:13:36 PM »
Nope nothing but chicken and fire no seasonings and oh ya and about an hour of deboning lol
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 08:17:51 PM by Hickoryrockkenn »

SaharaNight Boxers

• Fully Weaned
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2012, 08:18:16 PM »
Oh ok it looked like the chicken on the grill was seasoned. It looks good!

Hickoryrockkenn

• Weanling
    • Hickory Rock Kennels
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2012, 08:30:39 PM »
Thanks I did some figuring though and it came out to be about $4/lb which I could buy chicken breast for that price and a lot less work and leaner oh well you learn something new each day. If you don't mind can you tell me what you think of Bella I realize she's not a show stopper just wondering what her faults are and who's closer to the standard. Thanks

SaharaNight Boxers

• Fully Weaned
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2012, 08:40:26 PM »
You have to put them in a stack first. It's hard to explain, but it makes them square. Like parking put for horses. Google it and try to find a video. And if you get headshots straight on and from the side someone can critique those too.

BoxerPerson

• Best Signature Quote - 2008; Most Addicted Member - 2009
  • Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2012, 07:10:10 AM »
Lots of work homecooking, but oh so worth it! I use a pressure cooker, that way I do not have to debone...bones become very mushy (not sure if that is a word, but thats how they come out ;) )
Claire-Mom to Ollie, Zoe, Phoebe, Willie & Snookie

Goofy-Hailey-Nikki-Casey-Tyler-Cynder-Lilli-Daisy-Winnie-Felix-Levi-Ellie-&

Hickoryrockkenn

• Weanling
    • Hickory Rock Kennels
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2012, 08:57:13 AM »
Ya I've heard that before. I don't have a pressure cooker but I've cooked em in a crock pot then took the bones out and put it back in the crock pot. Then Im blessed with the wonderful worry mindset that I put the bones in a blender to make sure none are still hard lol. That's a lot of work though but always worth it to see them eat so well. Is it a typical boxer thing for boxers to not like kibble? I tried to feed rebel kibble with no soft one time and he lasted 5 days. I of course fed him a Lil something It about killed me but that was what everyone said to do.

Christina

• Socialized
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2012, 10:31:05 AM »
My guys will eat about anything that won't eat them first.  Star may get picky every once in a while, but Lucky would eat a to rock if someone tossed it to him. I have no trouble with kibble, I only add warm water to slow them down a little.
Christina
Little Ann 2/14/96-4/6/10
Boomer 1996- 4/25/14
Lucky 4/24/04-8/27/14

Hickoryrockkenn

• Weanling
    • Hickory Rock Kennels
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2012, 11:57:32 PM »
Hows this for a free stack LOL that's an alert pose. I'm working on stacking her I took your advice and watching some videos Thanks I love the great advice. :thumbsup:

SaharaNight Boxers

• Fully Weaned
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2012, 12:15:55 AM »
She's definitely got a thick build for a bitch. If you want to take a stacked shot you need to get it straight on, not from above.

It does seem like Rebel has a roach back and his hind angulation seems off.