Author Topic: Won't stop chewing my ankles  (Read 2456 times)

Popeyelove

• Weanling
Won't stop chewing my ankles
« on: May 24, 2012, 11:08:38 PM »
Popeye has improved a lot with his jumping up on me and my daughter, even during his "crazy" time.  What is driving me crazy is that he is still mouthing my ankles and wrapping his paws around my ankle as if to try to trip me.  He does this during his "crazy" time if I try to play with him.  I pick up his toys to distract him, I tell him off, I tell him to sit, but he gets crazier. Any ideas? Love him to death even though he is so naughty sometimes.  Is he just trying to play with me?  If so, how do I get him to play another game. 

3BOXERS

• Canine Good Citizen
Re: Won't stop chewing my ankles
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 12:19:09 PM »
Maybe put vick vapor rub on your ankles. He will no like the taste.

Popeyelove

• Weanling
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 12:53:03 PM »
Is the vapor rub safe for him to eat?  If it is it might work.  I'll give it a try.

BoxerWB

• Administrator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 06:10:16 PM »
Not sure about the rub, but bitter apple is safe. You could give your ankles a spritz.
Also, do you get excited out try to fight him off? If so, the best deterrent is probably to go still. Going still ends the game, so grabbing you is no fun.
Julia
Delta 03/12
Dash 07/06
Shady 07/05
In my heart: Xena 03/10/03 - 02/16/12

BranwenBoxers

• Canine Good Citizen
  • " Branwen's Eastern Sea " Millie
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 09:44:29 PM »
I don't think the vapor rub will do any harm . If anything he will take a close smell of it and wont have anything to do with your ankles .   
Heather
Branwen Boxers
www.BranwenBoxers.com