Author Topic: Grady Earns his BN!!  (Read 3033 times)

Rubidawg

• Best Story Teller - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
    • HeathDawgs
Grady Earns his BN!!
« on: May 13, 2012, 04:42:56 PM »
I am over-the-moon ecstatic to say that Grady has earned his Beginner Novice title this weekend! He is now Branwen's Northern Sky BN RA CGC!

Saturday, he earned 1st place with a score of 193.5 under judge Deb Neufeld. Then today, he scored 196.5 and earned another 1st place under judge Roger Ayers! He had earned his first leg with a score of 191.5 and a 1st place, so that makes this title earned with all 1st place finishes! I'm so tickled!

He did really well and we had so many people come up to say he was so much fun to watch, he does so well and even a few who said they couldn't believe we were going for our BN and not our CD. The comments felt really good, especially considering just how "sick" he is. When word got out about Grady's condition, we had a cheering crowd routin for us today and when we finished and again when we found out we got 1st, there were people cheering and clapping for us. A vet, who got 2nd place today and yesterday came up to us before we went in for ribbons and said she hoped Grady got 1st place too. It was just such a great feeling and a wonderful way to retire him from competing again.

Here's video from yesterday's run. Unfortunately, the camera went phooey and today's run is a complete blurry mess. I'm kinda disappointed that his last run isn't viewing quality, but I'm so proud of this weekend that I don't care.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m3qH1cyeU8&list=UUjDjK76rUWNnYqTSkOG3Upg&index=1&feature=plcp

On Saturday, with Deb Neufeld. It was an honor showing under her, as I've seen her posts on the obedience groups before and being a boxer "lady" just made that win extra special!

On Sunday, with Roger Ayers. He was so kind and gave Grady lots of extra special pats and play.

Grady with his "loot" from the weekend...

Our club president was there with her camera and got some shots of Grady and I in the ring yesterday:

And just a lil "funny" with Rubi and Grady in the backseat, peeping at us.

Rubi got to go with us as we stayed the weekend down there to keep things as less stressful for Grady as possible. So, she came to the show, bunked in Grady's crate, had fun being the social butterfly meeting all the dogs and helped cheering her brother on in the ring by whining the entire time! lol
Dawn
Rubi, CGC - 2.16.05
Bauer - Rocket's Kindred Spirit RN CGC - 4.16.12
Ms. Kitty - 3.15.02
Forever In My Heart: Grady, Branwen's Northern Sky BN RA CGC - 12.22.07 - 5.25.12

BoxerWB

• Administrator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
Re: Grady Earns his BN!!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 05:06:37 PM »
What great photos! I really enjoyed showing under Deb and it's always an extra kick when you know they love your breed!  He gets bonus points with me for keeping focus with that woman warming up her dog a LIL close to the ring gating.  You did a great job with his praise too, the spinning kept him "up". I haven't showed under Ayers, but I'll have to remember that name as a good one.   :thumbsup:

Have you considered trying for his RE or CD?  I know you have to play things by ear, but he is doing fantastic and you two obviously just love working together.  It is also "show season" so it is the right time of year to find a variety of show options/locations.
Julia
Delta 03/12
Dash 07/06
Shady 07/05
In my heart: Xena 03/10/03 - 02/16/12

Rubidawg

• Officially Boxer Crazy
    • HeathDawgs
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 05:13:43 PM »
I wish I could say we aren't done yet, but honestly....it's just so tough to think about moving forward (for many reasons). I'd love to go for his CD and feel like he could do it, but he's starting to get tired more quickly than ever - even an hour long class on Wednesdays, I have to get him "up" and then get him back down to relax because he will refuse to turn himself off and within 15 mins, has exhausted himself. So, we're constantly working "up and down." We do have some great trials coming up in June, but I guess we'll have to just see. I hate saying he's now "retired," but I also don't want to push him further than I feel he can phsycially handle it, just to chase titles. He loves classes and is happy with that. I think the trials are just for me.

He did so much better this weekend than he ever has - even compared to the weekend we found out things had gotten worse - 6 weeks ago! But, I learned a thing or two from that run and even tho he had some crooked sits, some distractions going on and a few other minor things....today, he worked those things out and just flowed so much better. So disappointed the video didn't come out from today. I wanted to share that with his instructors from Novice class. They also helped point a few things out from our last trial and encouraged me to enter Grady into this one. I wanted them to see just how great he did. They will probably tell me to keep going with him as long as he's feeling this way and doing so well....they can be pretty influential sometimes, lol.
Dawn
Rubi, CGC - 2.16.05
Ms. Kitty - 3.15.02
Forever In My Heart: Grady, Branwen's Northern Sky BN RA CGC - 12.22.07 - 5.25.12

BoxerWB

• Administrator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 05:25:16 PM »
Yes, I don't think it should be about "chasing" titles, but staying active and having fun in ways that give you more to learn.  Afterall, you could just get a bunch of "bumper" BN legs, but you guys are up for more of a challenge than that.  :)
Julia
Delta 03/12
Dash 07/06
Shady 07/05
In my heart: Xena 03/10/03 - 02/16/12

Rubidawg

• Officially Boxer Crazy
    • HeathDawgs
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 05:29:41 PM »
Yes, I don't think it should be about "chasing" titles, but staying active and having fun in ways that give you more to learn.  Afterall, you could just get a bunch of "bumper" BN legs, but you guys are up for more of a challenge than that.  :)
LOL Yeh, I think I'd get bored going for those assurance legs in BN. If we did continue, it would definitely be under Novice. I think we both enjoy the challenge and Grady and I are both the same in that, once we get something (or figure something out), we get bored and want the, "so what's next?"

I did an extra leg in Rally Novice and people were soooo annoyed when we took the 1st place "from them."  ::) They said we should have gone to Advanced or atleast gone into B. It was actually kinda funny, but whatever.
Dawn
Rubi, CGC - 2.16.05
Ms. Kitty - 3.15.02

DoubleTrouble

• Retired Member
  • Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 06:12:56 PM »
WooooHoooooo!!!! OMG...how cool. I am so glad you guys went...ATTA BOY GRADY!!  :rockonbaby: :kicking:
Deb, Jaimee and Joker
Volunteer for Four Seasons
I lost my mind while working rescue
but found my soul.

BoxerPerson

• Best Signature Quote - 2008; Most Addicted Member - 2009
  • Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 08:28:30 PM »
Congrats!!!
Claire-Mom to Ollie, Zoe, Phoebe, Willie & Snookie

Goofy-Hailey-Nikki-Casey-Tyler-Cynder-Lilli-Daisy-Winnie-Felix-Levi-Ellie-&

Christina

• Socialized
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 10:10:34 PM »
Huge Congratulations to you and Grady! You two are such a great team! He looks so good in the video, focused on you. You never know what the future may hold, congrats again!  :thumbsup:
Christina
Little Ann 2/14/96-4/6/10
Boomer 1996- 4/25/14
Lucky 4/24/04-8/27/14

Bruins_Boxer

• Officially Boxer Crazy
    • Bruins Boxers
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 08:24:55 AM »
A huge congrats !!!!
Missi
Edy - Bruin's Espresso by Stephlyn , CGC    5-2-2006
Remy - Bruin's One Step Closer    7-27-2010

Gone but never forgotten Mocha , Titan , Charlotte .

whitepupzoe

• Most Supportive & Friendliest Member - 2008
  • Global Moderator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 08:58:37 AM »
Amazing! Congrats!
Kristin ~ Mom to Abby & George

Always In My Heart ~ Angels Zoe & Ariel

Sophia Sadeyes

• Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 08:03:28 PM »
whata team! HUGE congrats. You guys look great.  :thumbsup:
Sophia: CGC, OAJ, 05.05.06
Strummer: CGC, OA, AXJ  02.20.08

BranwenBoxers

• Canine Good Citizen
  • " Branwen's Eastern Sea " Millie
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 08:06:34 PM »
Well Done Grady and Dawn  :thumbsup:   You two are Awsome  :yes: and I am so proud of you both .
Heather
Branwen Boxers
www.BranwenBoxers.com

rmkoruga

• Socialized
  • Rachel-owned by Leroy Brown 6/21/03
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2012, 08:10:31 PM »
Super awesome!!!  Hoorayy  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :smitten: :smitten:
Rachel-
Leroy Brown 06/03

RocketBoxer

• Best All Rounder - 2009
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • (Leia)
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2012, 09:31:36 AM »
Congratulations Dawn and Grady! I am sooooooo happy for you, and I just loved all of the pictures. I LOVE the one where Grady is on the floor surrounded by his toys and ribbons  :smitten:

Roger Ayers is from around here so we see him at a lot of shows - and he is such a nice man.
Kerry
Mom to Skye, Trigger, Leia and Lizzy
www.rocketboxers.com

Gone But Not Forgotten - Shaka & Star

"A dog's mind is a terrible thing to waste."

Eilene

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2012, 03:33:44 PM »
 :thumbsup: Congrats
Eilene
Nala, Luna