Author Topic: European boxer  (Read 9011 times)

luvmyboxers

• Weanling
European boxer
« on: April 11, 2012, 04:58:50 PM »
Does anyone have a European boxer?  I have been wanting one for a few years but at the time I had 3 boxers already and couldn't add a 4th :(  So, now that I'm down to 2 and wanting to add a 3rd again I was thinking of a Euro.  Looking for a reputable breeder in the States.....is that going to be hard to find???

BoxerWB

• Administrator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
Re: European boxer
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 05:04:16 PM »
We usually use the term "responsible" here because reputation and responsibility aren't intrinsically linked.  Some "Euro" breeders in the States have different ideas about genetic testing, which some people find acceptable (responsible) and some people don't.  I know there are also "Euro" breeders who use the same genetic testing as "NA" breeders. More and more, it seems that Euro breeders are also leaving tails intact, which is another personal preference (I know it's getting popular but it still drives me batty!)

When you say "Euro" Boxer, do you simply mean one with German/European lineage very recently in its lines or something else?
Julia
Delta 03/12
Dash 07/06
Shady 07/05
In my heart: Xena 03/10/03 - 02/16/12

luvmyboxers

• Weanling
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 05:17:18 PM »
Sorry I did mean responsible :)  I'm also looking for one that docks the tail.  I love that little nub and "to me" that's a boxer! 

Yes, European as in German/European lineage very recently.  I love the bigger head, shorter muzzle and muscular build of them.  But I don't just want a good looking dog, I want a healthy dog!

luvmyboxers

• Weanling
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 09:38:40 AM »
Has anyone ever heard of Global Boxers?  I checked out their website and it looked pretty good!  Opinions......

BoxerPerson

• Best Signature Quote - 2008; Most Addicted Member - 2009
  • Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 01:03:32 PM »
Great breeder...good luck
Claire-Mom to Ollie, Zoe, Phoebe, Willie & Snookie

Goofy-Hailey-Nikki-Casey-Tyler-Cynder-Lilli-Daisy-Winnie-Felix-Levi-Ellie-&

Soleil

• Vet Checked
    • Soleil Boxers Home Page
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 06:21:57 PM »
Lots of "euro" breeders out there trying to make a quick buck off the ever-increasingly popular "euro" brand boxer..   ::)

Just like researching a boxer from North American descent, you want to find a breeder who is fully health testing (echo, holter, hips at the minimum), and ideally doing something with their dogs besides breeding and selling puppies.  A couple of pet peeves of mine when looking at all the "euro" breeder sites is they state their boxers come from working lines, yet they don't do anything with their dogs themselves.. many also say they are from champion lines, but how far removed?  (and most don't actually show their dogs either)  Another HUGE pet peeve of mine is seeing puppies priced differently based on percentage-euro.. how absurd. 

You might want to check out the USABOX website (USBoxer.org), for potential breeders with puppies.  Or if you want to PM me feel free.  Good luck.
*Soleil Boxers*
"Trucker" Lock n Load Armor, BH, ZTP

Forever in our hearts:
Ch.Shelterwoods Femme Fatale,TT (12.17.03-07.28.12 cancer)
Shelterwood's Golden Gloves,RN,CGC (8.13.02-10.31.12 cancer

Newcastle

• Most Informed Member - 2009
  • Administrator
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • WHEEE!!!!!
    • Newcastle Boxers
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 10:24:13 PM »
What Kat said. Exactly. :)
Jennifer Walker
Newcastle Boxers, Reg'd