Author Topic: In Pedigree?  (Read 3115 times)

SaharaNight Boxers

• Fully Weaned
In Pedigree?
« on: March 23, 2012, 03:49:05 PM »
I found this lately and am looking for something to hopefully build something of a website soon or at least to research pedigrees and build them, even though we only have Duke haha I've been searching high and low for a breeder I'd want a pup from if I was toget one and have been looking at pedigrees. So I found this and was wondering if anyone has ever heard of it or use it?

Thanks

BoxerPerson

• Best Signature Quote - 2008; Most Addicted Member - 2009
  • Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
Re: In Pedigree?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 04:14:46 PM »
What???
Claire-Mom to Ollie, Zoe, Phoebe, Willie & Snookie

Goofy-Hailey-Nikki-Casey-Tyler-Cynder-Lilli-Daisy-Winnie-Felix-Levi-Ellie-&

Newcastle

• Most Informed Member - 2009
  • Administrator
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • WHEEE!!!!!
    • Newcastle Boxers
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 06:23:51 PM »
LOL  -- InPedigree is a breeder web design company. :)

I've heard of them, I know a couple of breeders that have used them and like them. Personally, I need more control than that, I still hand-code almost everything on the sites I design/maintain! ;)  For someone who's not a control freak it would probably work well. Pricing is not horrid, about $180 per year, but if you aren't doing a lot of updating it's kind of pricey after the first year IMO. You can get good hosting for $5/month nowadays, and if you set up your website on a blog platform (which is basically what this is) content management isn't too painful. Most hosting packages come with built-in blogs.

If you're just interested in building pedigrees, SitStay.com has a free pedigree builder. (I have one on my website, but I can't figure out how to get the HTML to render when you view the source, so it's not especially helpful! ;) ) If you're mostly wanting to print pedigrees, I'd suggest software for that. I've used The Breeder's Standard for years and am very happy with it, it's a full kennel management program at a moderate price, I think around $80. Some people use BreedMate and swear by it, but last I checked it was around $200 or $250. (I'm fairly cheap, if you can't tell! ;)

Do a web search for "This site powered by inPedigree" to pull up some sample sites. That will tell you whether you like the "look" and variations thereof that the program provides.
Jennifer Walker
Newcastle Boxers, Reg'd
Mind ~ Body ~ Spirit ~ Naturally

Visit the Boxer Crazy Store

SaharaNight Boxers

• Fully Weaned
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 10:45:07 PM »
Ok, thanks! I'll look up a few now! I am sort of looking at bulding a website and I did find that generator at SitStay.com-love it! I only have Duke now so I don't need anyhing giant or expensive, just to showcase Duke a little and get some practice at websites. Thanks again!

fairview Boxers

• Socialized
  • Corky 7yrs...Grandaughter Bella 8 weeks
    • Fairview Boxers
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 08:29:51 AM »
I use inpedigree, and I like it.  I do wish I had more control, which Connie is working on.  But, for me it is great because I don't have a ton of time to play with it.  I love how it sets some things up for you, but I hate how I can't do a litter page like my old frontpage software. 
There are pros and cons. 
Kat Medved
Aggie 7.7.2007, Ozzy 04.16.2012
At the Bridge: Corky 11.2.2002-2.2012, Cass 8.6.2005-6.2012 www.fairviewboxer.com

SaharaNight Boxers

• Fully Weaned
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 05:03:33 PM »
I actually asked because of you  :P I saw it, liked it, and started wondering. I made a little website one day off of a website maker that's actually pretty nice to me, it just has the stupid ".whatever.com"

fairview Boxers

• Socialized
    • Fairview Boxers
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 05:29:32 PM »
:).  One great aspect is Connie is super nice.  She actually put together my site format.  The Boxer graphic is actually Vintage Boxers Harry's profile.  She responds quickly to questions, and she is continually working on improving the product!
Kat Medved
At the Bridge: Corky 11.2.2002-2.2012, Cass 8.6.2005-6.2012 www.fairviewboxer.com

SaharaNight Boxers

• Fully Weaned
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 10:06:49 AM »
Ok thanks! I do love your logo by the way! I'll have to look into the different options. I think I read their info page wrong because I thought this was one when you manage it yourself. I don't have much to display right now, but soon hopefully we'll have something.

fairview Boxers

• Socialized
    • Fairview Boxers
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 11:02:38 PM »
I do manage it myself, all the content anyhow.  But, it doesn't have freedom of controls.  I think you can do HTML script, but I don't have those skills, LOL...  She sets the site up, and you make your pages.  She can help you, and is adding more things to it as time goes on. 
Kat Medved

SaharaNight Boxers

• Fully Weaned
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 12:07:11 AM »
Ok so you decide how you want the pages, tell her, and then she makes them up? So if you want updates and stuff you have to go through her?

fairview Boxers

• Socialized
    • Fairview Boxers
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2012, 09:25:40 AM »
No, she just did the design of my site; ie. the colors, logos, etc.  She sets the site up, and teaches you how to use your administration pages.  They you can update it as you like!
Kat Medved

SaharaNight Boxers

• Fully Weaned
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2012, 12:17:32 AM »
Oh ok sounds cool! I'll definitely keep that as an option. I want it so I can control the site and update as I need. Thanks!

Vintage Boxers

• Potty Trained
    • Vintage Boxers
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 03:20:11 PM »
Hey!

Yup i have used inPedigree for a few years now. Love the quick ability to change pages and pictures.

Harry's profile is on the fairview site, and mine, but soon I am going to have to request it be only mine, just because it i will copyrighted/TM whichever it fits.

I love the pedigree building. Since i can't do coding it makes my life easier.

Sarah
Vintage Boxers
www.vintageboxers.com