Author Topic: Squeeking at cows!  (Read 1480 times)

boxer pal

• Most Enthusiastic Member - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
Squeeking at cows!
« on: March 21, 2012, 11:40:24 AM »
I got a really good laugh this morning the first time I went outside with the dogs.  The neighbors cows were visible across the road from us so, of course, Onyx had to rip off up the yard to go bark at them.  Hogan always follows her lead but he's pretty half hearted when it comes to barking at anything but he makes an effort just to keep on Onyx's good side I guess!   ::)  I call him back and use one of Hogan's favorite outside toys to lure him back.  (not that I really needed to, but it gets his attention quicker when he's very far away) It's a heavy rubber dog bone shaped toy with horrible dual squeekers in both ends. (hence, it's an outdoor ONLY toy).  I love to step on it and while it slowly inflates, it squeeeeeeeeeks like a banshee and makes Hogan head twirl like an Exorcist movie charactor!   :laugh4:  He grabs it up and since Onyx isn't quit finished with her barking tirade at the cows (who are just standing there looking at her as cows are prone to do)he lopes off to rejoin her.  What's so funny is, he attempts to bark with that toy in his mouth!  I can barely hear a muffled bark because the toy is making such loud screeches!  And THAT does spook the cows just a bit so they bolt a few steps and then stand there staring again.  Hogan tried barking again and it made one of the cows trot off but the other one just stood there.  I think Hogan was having a good time trying out his new multitasking talent and seeing the reaction of the cows!  Onyx seemed rather annoyed Hogan spoiled her bark party though and came running back to the house.  Along came Hogan doing his silly lope with ears flying, toy squeeking all the way!   :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4:  That dog seems to live to make me laugh!  I swear he does something silly and then waits to see if we are going to laugh and when we do, his tail goes ninety miles a minute and he cranks up the silly a few notches!  Kerry, he may have been the plainest puppy in Skye's first litter, but I'm betting he is number one on the silly scale!  Thank you for saving him for ME!!!!!   :smitten:
Sue Q.
Hogan b. 6/1/10 our brindle baby boy
Onyx b.5/1/07 my dark beauty
my heart, my love, my joy. Rudy b. 9/06 d.5/10 
my mahogany girl Romy b.11/03 d.2/10
Abe, our first & best. b.3/97 d.5/08

whitepupzoe

• Most Supportive & Friendliest Member - 2008
  • Global Moderator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
Re: Squeeking at cows!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 11:45:54 AM »
That's so funny Sue!  :laugh4:  I feel the same way about George...he was meant to be with me to make me smile and not take things so seriously!  :mad:
Kristin ~ Mom to Abby & George

Always In My Heart ~ Angels Zoe & Ariel

Boxermom,K

• Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 04:30:42 PM »
 :laugh4: :smitten:  I love it, what a character!

Bubba 12/30/00 - 10/29/07
Kristi
Mom to Laila CGC- 9 year old fawn, Viktor CGC, TDI- 7 year old heeler mix

Christina

• Socialized
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 04:49:41 PM »
I think that's what boxers are here for, to make us laugh and smile!  Gotta love em  :smitten:
Christina
Little Ann 2/14/96-4/6/10
Boomer 1996- 4/25/14
Lucky 4/24/04-8/27/14

rmkoruga

• Socialized
  • Rachel-owned by Leroy Brown 6/21/03
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 05:01:25 PM »
 :smitten: :smitten:
Rachel-
Leroy Brown 06/03