Author Topic: Question and Kennel/Line Questions  (Read 2259 times)

SaharaNight Boxers

• Fully Weaned
Question and Kennel/Line Questions
« on: January 19, 2012, 08:21:46 PM »
I have a boy that has come from a BYB. I don't know why though. His father was an amazing dog conformationally and his owner has nice Boxer across the board. His Sire the same dog, Rambo, was from a show breeder, but he ends up bred to whatever. Now the dam is from a bunch of BYB, but her sure has an OFA and his daughter which is rated "good". Again, his mother is not a bad looking dog. She was amazingly friendly nice head and square body. Now we have Duke. Duke is champion grnadsires and carries some nice kennel names which will also lead me into my next question. Duke is a wonder semi flashy fawn boy. He's been out showing and is doing quite well. He's going to be health tested when he's old enough. And a lot of top handlers like him. Id he passes health testing which I'm pretty sure he'll do as his sire's line is one d the healthiest lines from what I know if and the youngest died at 9. I think maybe one had cancer and all the others lives to 12, 13. Some are still living and would be at least 13! We're going to contact his breeders to see if we can find out anything about her side. So, a wonderful representative of the breed, a temperament to die for (literally people fall in love with him at first glance and pet), lots of strong points in his conformation which the breed is lacking, a healthy line on his sire's side, and the only thing against him is his breeder. What would you say as far as breeding?

And for my other question, in his pedigree there are some kennels I couldn't find info on and some that I just wanted an opinion on. The kennels in his pedigree are JuBar, EWO, Heldenbrand, Raineylane, Top Hat, Cherkei (on his dams side), Linmar, Hollycrest, Breho, and a few others and was wondering what your opinions on what these lines carry is. He has a head that I can see in the JuBar line a lot and the body some. Sorry, this is so long I just have been wondering quite a few things.

Thanks,
Maya
SaharaNight Boxer, Duke

BoxerPerson

• Best Signature Quote - 2008; Most Addicted Member - 2009
  • Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
Re: Question and Kennel/Line Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 07:19:55 AM »
Sorry, no help here...maybe one of the breeders on here would be of help.  I would love to see pictures of him tho
Claire-Mom to Ollie, Zoe, Phoebe, Willie & Snookie

Goofy-Hailey-Nikki-Casey-Tyler-Cynder-Lilli-Daisy-Winnie-Felix-Levi-Ellie-&

3BOXERS

• Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 01:40:56 PM »
You may want to look in to getting a book call The World of Boxers. It has lots history of the boxer and infomation on the better known boxer kennels from around the world in it.

SaharaNight Boxers

• Fully Weaned
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 03:12:29 PM »
Sorry, no help here...maybe one of the breeders on here would be of help.  I would love to see pictures of him tho

There's pictures of him in the conformation section.

SaharaNight Boxers

• Fully Weaned
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 03:13:07 PM »
You may want to look in to getting a book call The World of Boxers. It has lots history of the boxer and infomation on the better known boxer kennels from around the world in it.

Thank you! I'll have to find it!

3BOXERS

• Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 03:29:04 PM »
Try Amazon and Barns and Noble. I have seen it on both.

SaharaNight Boxers

• Fully Weaned
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 04:31:31 PM »
What drives me insane is that I don't consider her a bad breeder, uneducated, but definitely not bad. We got him from an Amish community and they had beautiful property where her girl runs free around. They had a heated and fully closed shed in where they had built a nice spacious whelpung box. It was also heated in itself. They were socialized to all sorts of animals and noises. And she only breeds once a year. Im going to send a letter and ask about her health testing and maybe her eyes will be a little more opened to it.

BoxerWB

• Administrator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 01:36:35 PM »
Sahara - We generally use the term "responsible" or "irresponsible".   Bad sounds like a comment on character and that's really not the problem - a perfectly decent human being can be an irresponsible breeder.  Treating dogs humanely and being a responsible breeder are very separate things.

A responsible breeder does health screenings, carefully places their dogs, will take back dogs they've bred, and is very selective about breeding rights.   A irresponsible breeder is missing some (frequently most) of those aspects.

You purchased from an irresponsible breeder who may also be a good person with clean facilities.

You may want to contact the breeders from your dog's lines.  I'm pretty sure most of them have websites.
Julia
Delta 03/12
Dash 07/06
Shady 07/05
In my heart: Xena 03/10/03 - 02/16/12

SaharaNight Boxers

• Fully Weaned
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 02:38:32 PM »
Ok, sorry replace those "bads" with "irresponsible". I know we did buy from an irresponsible breeder, but that was before I knew anything about that kind of stuff, although now I wish I had known more about it. She did take back pups that couldn't go to their new homes anymore though, she really did love them and was sad to see them go. I really think if she was more educated she would be a great breeder because she really does love Boxers and her girl and all her puppies. And anything that came up at the vets she took responsibility for; she didn't blame the stud or anyone else for it.

RocketBoxer

• Best All Rounder - 2009
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • (Leia)
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2012, 10:34:23 AM »
What would you say as far as breeding?

It depends - but my guess is that some people will be put off by his breeder. One thing to remember is that there are lots of really nice boys out there - that are CH, health tested etc - that are never used at stud - or maybe just once or twice.  
I would think that a lot will depend on how his health testing turns out - and whether you can get him finished or not.  But that is the thing with boys - you have absolutely no control over whether a nice girl comes his way or not.

If you google some of those kennel names you mentioned you will be able to find out information on them - many of them have websites.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 10:52:55 AM by RocketBoxer »
Kerry
Mom to Skye, Trigger, Leia and Lizzy
www.rocketboxers.com

Gone But Not Forgotten - Shaka & Star

"A dog's mind is a terrible thing to waste."

SaharaNight Boxers

• Fully Weaned
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2012, 12:23:08 PM »
That's what I thought about his breeders. And I've looked up a lot of those dogs and the newest (if thats the right word) of his pedigree is JuBar and he has a lot of things in common with them. And some EWO Boxers. Kojack is his grandpa and I see the same head passed down to Duke's sire and Duke. Although it's improved. And how he pulls over himself and that expression of self confidence.  I'm still trying to figure that kind of stuff out though, what's passed down from who, why, and how to improve it.