Author Topic: Home Made Pizza Bone recipe (Pizza Crust)  (Read 1787 times)

Zeuster

• Just Whelped
Home Made Pizza Bone recipe (Pizza Crust)
« on: January 08, 2012, 09:38:59 AM »
Hello friends,

I thought I would share my home made Pizza dough recipe with you, I use it to make Biscuits for Zeus and his Brother Fritz, 3 inch sticks for Zeus and nuggets for Fritz, since he's just a mini Schnauzer, these are healthy and it works out to about 8 calories a piece.

Pizza Dough

1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp Italian seasoning or 1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 cup melted margerine ( I use Becel )
1 cup 1% or 2% milk

preheat oven to 350. place rack in center of oven.

combine all the dry ingredients, then add the melted margerine, and milk, mix together until it forms a sticky ball, add a little more flour and knead until no longer sticky about 7-8 kneads, wrap dough ball in plastic wrap and let sit for about 1 hour.

Spray Pam on a cookie sheet, take the dough ball and divide into three pieces, take each piece and flatten out until about 1/4 inch thick, use a knife to cut flattened dough into fingers about 3 inches long and 1/2 wide or what ever size you want. place on cookie sheet and bake for 30 mins. When they are done, you can leave them in the oven to cool off, they will harden further. Remove from oven when completely cooled place in a plastic bag and store in the refrig. they will keep for a long time, this recipe makes about 30-40 treats, depending on size.

Enjoy... Zeusters Mom.

WildBeanerz

• Canine Good Citizen
  • Macie
Re: Home Made Pizza Bone recipe (Pizza Crust)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 10:57:38 AM »
Sounds yummy!

April - mom of
Bones RIP big guy 11.04.10 :angel:
Macie 8 yrs brindle female
Chloe 11.19.09 fawn female
Love my rescue