Author Topic: Mukki got her CGC  (Read 2524 times)

Lisa

• Socialized
  • My pack, 5/27/12
Mukki got her CGC
« on: November 22, 2011, 10:45:07 PM »
Last month, she passed with no problems, nice focused heel with a loose lead even though they don't have to heel, just walk along with you and not pull too much to pass this, laid down the whole time and almost fell asleep during the supervised separation but I did run her about seven miles through the forest and take her to a one hour obedience class immediately before the CGC test so she was pretty tired, physically and mentally, but fortunately she knows the simple obedience involved in the CGC test so well she could almost do it in her sleep.  :laugh4:  She would have been much more likely to jump up on the evaluator and try to play if not so tired and even as it was in this picture I'm rushing to get it done because she has that look like she might be about to play attack.

She's in Rally Obedience classes now and not far from being ready to go for her RN.  She absolutely loves obedience, more than any other dog I've had, delights in figuring out what I want from her and doing it.  Koda might not have more titles than her for long, though he's just about ready for his RA and CD.  I also plan to put BH titles on both of them next year and ADs if possible.  The AD is a 12.4 mile endurance test with the dog trotting alongside a bike at 7-9MPH for which I already prepared Koda and he had no problems, can go farther than that and faster with less break time than is allowed in the actual test, could probably pass two AD tests in one day.  He's in awesome condition.  But I kept trying to enter trials this autumn and they kept canceling the AD tests, and then I found out I needed a scorebook from an AWDF club and for it to be certified by USA.  Now I have certified scorebooks for both my Boxers and hope to get Koda his AD next spring.  I'm not sure if Mukki has enough endurance for it but we'll give it a try.  She should definitely go far in AKC performance events though, especially if they don't involve her having to sit next to someone staring down at her like that evaluator is in the CGC picture without jumping up and play biting.  :laugh4:
Artax, male Retriever mix, 11/1/99
Koda, CGC RN TT AD, male brindle, 10/10/08
Mukki, CGC, female fawn, 4/20/10

BoxerPerson

• Best Signature Quote - 2008; Most Addicted Member - 2009
  • Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
Re: Mukki got her CGC
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 06:49:18 AM »
Congrats to Mukki & you
Claire-Mom to Ollie, Zoe, Phoebe, Willie & Snookie

Goofy-Hailey-Nikki-Casey-Tyler-Cynder-Lilli-Daisy-Winnie-Felix-Levi-Ellie-&

Theresa

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • "No Pressure, no diamonds"-Mary Case
    • Getting Evan
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 07:59:53 AM »
Congrats
Mom to:
Beasley (flashy fawn male) born 11/15/2005
Peanut (classic brindle female) born 2/15/2009
Evan (two legged brunette male) born 4/20/2011

Eilene

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 10:33:36 AM »
 :thumbsup: Congrats
Eilene
Nala, Luna
Forever in my heart Amber,Bailey,Chicklet,Tequila

Christina

• Socialized
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 12:05:20 PM »
Congratulations  :thumbsup:
Christina
Little Ann 2/14/96-4/6/10
Boomer 1996- 4/25/14
Lucky 4/24/04-8/27/14

3BOXERS

• Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 05:11:33 PM »
Congrats on the CGC!

Bruins_Boxer

• Officially Boxer Crazy
    • Bruins Boxers
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 09:53:21 AM »
Congrats .
Missi
Edy - Bruin's Espresso by Stephlyn , CGC    5-2-2006
Remy - Bruin's One Step Closer    7-27-2010

Gone but never forgotten Mocha , Titan , Charlotte .