Poll

Help?

Bad Breeding
0 (0%)
Mill Breeder
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Neighbor- Bad breeder  (Read 4816 times)

SoCalBoxers

• Just Whelped
  • Lucey Lu Liebe
    • SoCal Boxers
Neighbor- Bad breeder
« on: May 05, 2011, 03:05:14 PM »
Okay so I am a breeder in training, I've been with my mentor for going on 4 years and have chosen my first female for breeding. My female is in training to get her Service dog qualifications. However, my neighbor a few houses down from me was given a new male classic fawn boxer with a very small head and broad body. The dog has no paperwork and is very under fed. his female has a very long snout, the coloration of a boxer, however, her snout and legs are very long and she has a hump on the snout (almost like a german shephard) he just got done breeding the pair and is selling the litter of 14 for $200 each. I want to say something to him, but i dont know what. Clearly both dogs are not papered and not to breed standard, neither are the puppies. What can i say, who can I tell? Please Help?
{[SoCalBoxers]}

whitepupzoe

• Most Supportive & Friendliest Member - 2008
  • Global Moderator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
Re: Neighbor- Bad breeder
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 03:26:52 PM »
Sounds like your typical stupid Back Yard Breeder.   :smash:
Kristin ~ Mom to Abby & George

Always In My Heart ~ Angels Zoe & Ariel

WildBeanerz

• Canine Good Citizen
  • Macie
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 04:00:00 PM »
There is no 'puppy police'. The only thing you can do is if you are on good terms with him is to maybe offer him a magazine or book showing proper boxer confirmation and gently point out that his are not to standard. However, if he is only seeing $$$$ it probably won't matter much to him anyway.

April - mom of
Bones RIP big guy 11.04.10 :angel:
Macie 8 yrs brindle female
Chloe 11.19.09 fawn female
Love my rescue

BoxerPerson

• Best Signature Quote - 2008; Most Addicted Member - 2009
  • Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 06:04:18 PM »
Good suggestions April...
Claire-Mom to Ollie, Zoe, Phoebe, Willie & Snookie

Goofy-Hailey-Nikki-Casey-Tyler-Cynder-Lilli-Daisy-Winnie-Felix-Levi-Ellie-&

BoxerWB

• Administrator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 06:49:41 PM »
Puppy mills are a large scale operation - this person just sounds like the typical BYB.  Probably doesn't even know how off standard his dogs are, just thinks 'cute puppies' or 'easy money' - or both.  If you have a way to gently educate him, try to... and try to educate others around you. It's the best you can do.

I'd love to hear more about your breeding program "to be" - who's mentoring you, what lines you are starting with, etc.
Julia
Delta 03/12
Dash 07/06
Shady 07/05
In my heart: Xena 03/10/03 - 02/16/12

SoCalBoxers

• Just Whelped
  • Lucey Lu Liebe
    • SoCal Boxers
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 10:13:38 PM »
Yes, also I've tried calling animal control because his female is clearly under weight and he keeps breeding her litter after litter. Its putting a massive toll on her body. Very depressing for me to see on a daily basis. Grrrr, I wish he would endour the same things he is enflicting on his poor dogs. (Sorry for the remark, but its true.)
{[SoCalBoxers]}