Author Topic: breeder information  (Read 3120 times)

looking4boxer

• Just Whelped
breeder information
« on: April 09, 2011, 07:40:43 PM »
Has anyone got their boxer through Melissa Allen of OK?  I have been talking with her and I wanted to see if anyone in this community has heard of her. Please let me know. Thank you :)

Theresa

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • "No Pressure, no diamonds"-Mary Case
    • Getting Evan
Re: breeder information
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 08:02:52 PM »
I haven't heard of her but I am on the east coast. Hopefully, one of our breeders will chime in.  If you don't get an answer in the next day or two, try sending a Private Message to Jennifer (Newcastle) and ask her.

While researching breeders look at the following:
http://www.boxercrazy.org/forum/finding-a-breeder/check-list-for-finding-a-responsible-breeder/
Mom to:
Beasley (flashy fawn male) born 11/15/2005
Peanut (classic brindle female) born 2/15/2009
Evan (two legged brunette male) born 4/20/2011

BoxerWB

• Administrator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 08:05:19 PM »
I don't think so - what's her kennel name? Some of us remember kennel names better than human names  :)
Julia
Delta 03/12
Dash 07/06
Shady 07/05
In my heart: Xena 03/10/03 - 02/16/12

RocketBoxer

• Best All Rounder - 2009
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • (Leia)
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 10:33:54 PM »
Ummmmm, never heard of her and I have lots of friends in OK. If she showed her dogs in conformation I would have heard of her.

FWIW - you were given some really good leads in your other thread. I would really suggest talking with some good local breeders first, to see if they can help you out.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 10:36:01 PM by RocketBoxer »
Kerry
Mom to Skye, Trigger, Leia and Lizzy
www.rocketboxers.com

Gone But Not Forgotten - Shaka & Star

"A dog's mind is a terrible thing to waste."

looking4boxer

• Just Whelped
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 11:16:00 AM »
The website name is  www.sj-englishbulldogs.com.   I guess its her moms (Janet Partain) and Melissa breeds boxers while her mom breeds Bullies. 
Thanks

Vintage Boxers

• Potty Trained
    • Vintage Boxers
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 11:55:49 AM »
First off, that breeder looks like a mess.

Second, why not look locally at the breeders you were given leads on?
Vintage Boxers
www.vintageboxers.com

looking4boxer

• Just Whelped
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 12:37:03 PM »
I have contacted all the people that have been recommended to me and I haven't heard back yet.  The problem that I am running into is that all the breeders in my area do not have any litters/planned litters yet.  Im still searching for one in the New England region!  I am a school teacher and would love a pup for the start of my summer so that I can be home with him all day!

Theresa

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • "No Pressure, no diamonds"-Mary Case
    • Getting Evan
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 02:57:58 PM »
Sometimes Jess and Heather don't come here that often but Jess has a website. Google Lemko Boxers and that would be her. Also, try contacting the Middlesex Boxer Club or the RI Boxer club. They should give you some leads. You might have to wait a bit for the perfect puppy.
Mom to:
Beasley (flashy fawn male) born 11/15/2005
Peanut (classic brindle female) born 2/15/2009
Evan (two legged brunette male) born 4/20/2011

Hanna Banana

• Best Topics & Most Thought-Provoking Posts - 2008
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Play Nice!
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 04:09:01 PM »
Hi, and welcome to the forum.   

Would you be interested in an older pup like 6 months?  If so then I can send you a contact if my friend still has them.     If you are looking for a younger one, then let me see what leads I can find for you.  Unfort in my club (RI Boxer Club) I dont know of any litters that are upcoming.   However you could contact Ellen Bradley from Brush Hill Boxers.  She is involved in the Middlesex Boxer Club and may know more.

http://boxers.net/BrushHillBoxers_home.htm

Of like you did Jess Kozel of Lemko Boxers. 

The are two shows coming up in the next weekend.   First is Rhode Island this coming weekend and the weekend after is Springfield which should make majors.   Its sometimes is a good way to meet some of the local breeders and which may lead to some options.   
Heather  - Mom to Hanna Banana & Kash

looking4boxer

• Just Whelped
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 05:26:26 PM »
Thank you so much! I really appreciate all of you taking the time to help me out and give such great advice!!

BoxerWB

• Administrator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2011, 07:07:30 PM »
When shipping and delivery fees are a major part of the front page... NOT a good sign.  Being willing to ship is different from promoting shipping as a standard part of your business.  A good breeder is willing to ship for the right family, or might arrange a transport in cars, a bad breeder is willing to ship to pretty much any buyer.

Unfortunately, most good breeders don't breed frequently, so you're starting your search a bit late for a "summer" puppy.

Are you willing to consider an older pup or young adult? Sometimes breeders have show pups that didn't work out in the ring that they place with families.
Julia
Delta 03/12
Dash 07/06
Shady 07/05
In my heart: Xena 03/10/03 - 02/16/12