Author Topic: think I found out where Storm came from  (Read 809 times)

Hulk

• Moved On
  • Moved On
  • Kiss me Hulk or I won't let you up!!
think I found out where Storm came from
« on: May 11, 2007, 02:36:23 AM »
I was talking to the owner of ABR(the lady that got us Storm) and she said that two white puppies whom were not litter mates were dropped off at the same time...Darla(also deaf) got adopted and Storm came with us...but she came from a puppy mill...The old wretched woman who owns the mill apparently feels she can't make money any other way...They have tried to stop her but ABR can't b/c that is her main source of income(Adult protective services stepped in?) :furious3:??The rescue worker also said that they bought all her bitches from her so it would at least stop her for awhile...She told me the lady was located in Kileen, which is outside of Austin...I am going to do my research to see if she is still in business....I hope not....The rescue worker stated they try and keep up with puppy mills to help the rescue the dogs....ABR got over 200 boxers adopted last year!! That is an amazing number...We apparently got a lot of boxers from Katrina..
I look at Storm and wonder why someone would give her up...she is such a doll and a sweetie, well now I know another Damn puppy mill...If I find this and post it I have a strong feeling the people in Austin will not stand for it...Lets hope she switched careers....
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 02:41:45 AM by Hulk »
Our days our long we eat, sleep, wrestle, sleep and do all over.
Hulk and Storm

BoxerPerson

• Best Signature Quote - 2008; Most Addicted Member - 2009
  • Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
Re: think I found out where Storm came from
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 02:43:11 AM »
Thank heavens you have her now. 
Claire-Mom to Ollie, Zoe, Phoebe, Willie & Snookie

Goofy-Hailey-Nikki-Casey-Tyler-Cynder-Lilli-Daisy-Winnie-Felix-Levi-Ellie-&

steph0808

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 07:56:44 AM »
I'm definitely glad you got her away from that puppy mill.  I hate those places.  I really hope the rescue is able to make her close down.
Riley - 9/19/2008

Miguel

• Funniest Member - 2008
  • Socialized
  • I'll Woo Woo You!
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 04:58:38 PM »
I'm definitely glad you got her away from that puppy mill.  I hate those places.  I really hope the rescue is able to make her close down.

I second that!
:hat::guitarist::jester::mickey::smart: Pepino's :cheeky::sombrero::afro::hat2::gag: Rockin' :clown::toff::sunny::straitjacket::mad: Daddy :devilish::antlers::cloud9::party3::drummer:

r.fuentes

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 05:01:56 PM »
Glad Storm & Darla have good homes now  :sunny: Hope they are able to close her down too  :hanged:
RITA-mom to: Sadie, Ty & Powie