Author Topic: UGH Conflicting Obed Class Schedule  (Read 888 times)

Rubidawg

• Best Story Teller - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
    • HeathDawgs
UGH Conflicting Obed Class Schedule
« on: February 13, 2011, 10:19:47 PM »
We just got our class schedule for Spring and I knew they were going to possibly offer Beginner Novice classes, which I was definitely wanting to do, since I'd like to get Grady titled this spring. But Rally Adv/Exc is the same day and same time as the BN class. I'm totally bummed, mostly because I've built sucha bond with our Rally trainer and I still wanted to take the class again, even tho it would be our 3rd Adv/Exc class. I'm still working on our RA title, but would really like to improve our skills for BN and the trainer, I feel, would offer us alot more imput on our weaknesses. I really wanted to do 2 classes this spring, but dangit....why did they schedule both classes at the same time on me?!! Grrrrrr
Dawn
Rubi, CGC - 2.16.05
Bauer - Rocket's Kindred Spirit RN CGC - 4.16.12
Ms. Kitty - 3.15.02
Forever In My Heart: Grady, Branwen's Northern Sky BN RA CGC - 12.22.07 - 5.25.12

BoxerPerson

• Best Signature Quote - 2008; Most Addicted Member - 2009
  • Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
Re: UGH Conflicting Obed Class Schedule
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 06:37:23 AM »
That stinks...hope you figure it all out
Claire-Mom to Ollie, Zoe, Phoebe, Willie & Snookie

Goofy-Hailey-Nikki-Casey-Tyler-Cynder-Lilli-Daisy-Winnie-Felix-Levi-Ellie-&

BoxerWB

• Administrator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 07:57:28 AM »
That stinks.  :thumbsdown:  So are you thinking do the BN class to switch it up? I think that would work out best, since you'd presumably be doing more heeling/attention work there then the Rally class.  When I started to dial back the Rally practice and work on Obed, Xena's focus in Rally got better, although our accuracy w/signs suffered (my fault, I didn't keep up w/them).
Julia
Delta 03/12
Dash 07/06
Shady 07/05
In my heart: Xena 03/10/03 - 02/16/12

RocketBoxer

• Best All Rounder - 2009
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • (Leia)
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 08:27:35 AM »
That is a bummer  :thumbsdown:
Kerry
Mom to Skye, Trigger, Leia and Lizzy
www.rocketboxers.com

Gone But Not Forgotten - Shaka & Star

"A dog's mind is a terrible thing to waste."

Rubidawg

• Best Story Teller - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
    • HeathDawgs
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 08:50:47 AM »
That stinks.  :thumbsdown:  So are you thinking do the BN class to switch it up? I think that would work out best, since you'd presumably be doing more heeling/attention work there then the Rally class.  When I started to dial back the Rally practice and work on Obed, Xena's focus in Rally got better, although our accuracy w/signs suffered (my fault, I didn't keep up w/them).
Yeh, I wanna switch it up some more, but wanted to keep up with Rally at the same time. So, guess that's not happening. There is a Pre-Adv/Rally class on another night, offered by the same trainer as the Beg Nov class, but it doesn't involve signs, etc. But I figured it would be nice to give it a try and see how we do. He gets bored in Rally class. Loves to get in the ring, but when we exit he's like, "wth, we're done already?" So I think having a class where we are working "full-time" will be good for us too. Just hate to miss Rally. We have class tonite, so gonna break the news to the trainer, lol. She won't care, but I'm sure we'll be back next time it's offered at a different time than another class we're taking/want to take.

The trainer for BN and Pre/Adv/Rally is the same person and I love watching her with her dogs. I've watched her classes while in our down time in Rally and she offers GREAT input and I think it will definitely help us in moving forward. We get lots of compliments/praise from our Rally trainer, but nothing substantial on things we need to really work on. Rally's so laid back and whlie I feel we have learned alot, I think something where we can get some good criticism and assitance on what we really need to work on would be great too. I'm looking forward to it, but just sad to miss Rally, lol. Weird, huh? ::)
Dawn
Rubi, CGC - 2.16.05
Bauer - Rocket's Kindred Spirit RN CGC - 4.16.12
Ms. Kitty - 3.15.02
Forever In My Heart: Grady, Branwen's Northern Sky BN RA CGC - 12.22.07 - 5.25.12

BranwenBoxers

• Canine Good Citizen
  • " Branwen's Eastern Sea " Millie
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 05:35:45 PM »
Well dang  :inquisitive: Strange that they are holding it at the same time .   Hope you can work it out ......
Heather
Branwen Boxers
www.BranwenBoxers.com