Author Topic: WOW! Some people are NUTS!!!  (Read 1347 times)

Rubidawg

• Best Story Teller - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
    • HeathDawgs
WOW! Some people are NUTS!!!
« on: February 06, 2011, 04:09:26 PM »
This weekend, my club had our Winter Obedience/Rally trials in which I was the Trophy Chair. I have to say it was truly an enlightening experience! Some people are absolute DIVAS about their dogs and I guess I never realized just how crazy they are!

People are RUDE! If they didnt win a trophy, boy do you hear about it. They talk mad s#!t about each other and I watched some lady have an ugly confrontation with our President's wife over talkin crap. Kinda funny, but at the same time, I kept telling myself, "geesh people, where's the fun?" I know that it was there to some degree, but sitting there all day and having people hover over me, get rude, and tell me I'm wrong about their dog's score, was quite enlightening....People are Wack! I swore to myself that I will NEVER get that way and if I do....time for a break.

On a happy note, I FINALLY saw a boxer compete other than Grady. It was their first time (Rally Novice) and they NQ'd both days, but it was great to see another one out there. HUGE white boxer with a brindle patch. The lady had a tight leash the entire time, did a sign wrong, and he was all over the place....but I commend her for working with him and had some nice conversations with her. She was really nervous and asked me a TON of questions. Wished I had Grady there, but it was still great to talk to her.

And I decided that Grady is going back in the ring. We'll start March 3rd and go for our RA title, but I think we'll also start working towards our BN (Beginner Novice) title too. Excited to get him back out there again and just see what he can do

I'm glad this weekend is OVER!! Too many interactions with a buncha Nutjobs, I'll be glad to get back to some normalcy.....well, almost normal, lol. I just  cant take it as serious as some of these people do. I'd go insane! And some of them were very close or already over the bend!
Dawn
Rubi, CGC - 2.16.05
Bauer - Rocket's Kindred Spirit RN CGC - 4.16.12
Ms. Kitty - 3.15.02
Forever In My Heart: Grady, Branwen's Northern Sky BN RA CGC - 12.22.07 - 5.25.12

Theresa

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • "No Pressure, no diamonds"-Mary Case
    • Getting Evan
Re: WOW! Some people are NUTS!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 04:14:01 PM »
Saw your post on facebook...am sorry you had an ordeal
Mom to:
Beasley (flashy fawn male) born 11/15/2005
Peanut (classic brindle female) born 2/15/2009
Evan (two legged brunette male) born 4/20/2011

Rubidawg

• Officially Boxer Crazy
    • HeathDawgs
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 04:17:38 PM »
LOL It's alright. I brush it off. They are just too serious and have some major issues to let things get like that. It did suck Friday night when my committee bailed on me for set-up, that's about the only thing I got frustrated with. But I kinda laugh at how nuts the exhibitors get when they realize we didn't have a trophy for highest scoring hound in Novice A. Don't complain about it to me....we aren't here to give trophies to EVERY dog. And sorry your Junior Handler didn't get a special trophy either. Again, not my problem. And I dont care you paid $150 to NQ all weekend and dont get a free lunch! Psychos....GETALIFE! lol
Dawn
Rubi, CGC - 2.16.05
Ms. Kitty - 3.15.02
Forever In My Heart: Grady, Branwen's Northern Sky BN RA CGC - 12.22.07 - 5.25.12

BoxerPerson

• Best Signature Quote - 2008; Most Addicted Member - 2009
  • Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 04:58:32 PM »
WHERE'S MY TROPHY??? LOL
Claire-Mom to Ollie, Zoe, Phoebe, Willie & Snookie

Goofy-Hailey-Nikki-Casey-Tyler-Cynder-Lilli-Daisy-Winnie-Felix-Levi-Ellie-&

Rubidawg

• Officially Boxer Crazy
    • HeathDawgs
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 05:00:21 PM »
WHERE'S MY TROPHY??? LOL

ROFLMAO! :laugh4: The words tempted to come out my mouth to this question all weekend...."if it was uo your arse, you'd know it!" ;)
Dawn
Rubi, CGC - 2.16.05
Ms. Kitty - 3.15.02

jinxx

• Socialized
    • JinxxBoxers
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 06:56:11 PM »
gotta laugh at the trophies.
at our last Specialty, I had **2** people try to trade in their 4th place prize for a 1st because they didn't like it
Your lucky to get anything at all IMO and perhaps the 4th place prize is not as good as 1st place for a reason  :inquisitive:
admittedly, 4th place was leftover "junk" that the former trophy chairperson bought, but I still need to move it out and at least you got something  :devilish:
Jill
JinxxBoxers http://jinxx.us/

CH. Jinxx Burlesque Dancer Zorita-
Jinxx Xcitable Boy Xeno

Christina

• Socialized
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 07:10:48 PM »
People are crazy  :smash: 

Glad you and Grady are getting back in the ring, it will be good for both of you!
Christina
Little Ann 2/14/96-4/6/10
Boomer 1996- 4/25/14
Lucky 4/24/04-8/27/14

BoxerWB

• Administrator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 07:34:48 PM »
LOL! I didn't hear anything too nasty today, but I noticed when people said stuff like "Boy, she's going to have some words for him when she gets out of the ring" - really people?  Hopefully my story from today will balance out your experience.  :thumbsup:  I'll be typing it up in between bits of Superbowl watching.
Julia
Delta 03/12
Dash 07/06
Shady 07/05
In my heart: Xena 03/10/03 - 02/16/12

RocketBoxer

• Best All Rounder - 2009
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • (Leia)
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 11:23:52 AM »
And I decided that Grady is going back in the ring. We'll start March 3rd and go for our RA title, but I think we'll also start working towards our BN (Beginner Novice) title too. Excited to get him back out there again and just see what he can do

Good girl! That is great to hear! The BN title is a lot of fun and very achievable.

I'm glad this weekend is OVER!! Too many interactions with a buncha Nutjobs, I'll be glad to get back to some normalcy.....well, almost normal, lol. I just  cant take it as serious as some of these people do. I'd go insane! And some of them were very close or already over the bend!
LOL! Too darn funny - but you are right. There are some crazy people out there......
Kerry
Mom to Skye, Trigger, Leia and Lizzy
www.rocketboxers.com

Gone But Not Forgotten - Shaka & Star

"A dog's mind is a terrible thing to waste."

Missy/Precious mom

• Most Encouraging Member - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 11:57:05 AM »
Sorry they gave you such a hard time, but I am glad you are going back in the ring.
Joyce

3BOXERS

• Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 01:18:31 PM »
Sorry you had to deal with a bunch of nut jobs.

BranwenBoxers

• Canine Good Citizen
  • " Branwen's Eastern Sea " Millie
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 09:33:28 PM »
Welcome to the world of showing  :laugh4:   

Sorry you had to deal with rude people .   But I am super glad that you are going back in the ring .   
Heather
Branwen Boxers
www.BranwenBoxers.com

Bumpy

• Forum Wise Alec - 2008
  • Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 10:18:17 PM »
Where is the fun in that scene? People need to get a life.
  Shelly CGC 7.13.06 Keanu 5.16.07